OSP Dark Ages 3D Art Zeus' Norman/Viking Style Helmets

Users who are viewing this thread

Zeus1257

Sergeant at Arms
QuFdNzd.png

Overview:
This is a small pack of three helmets I've made as part of a mod I'm currently making. They're based on various Norman and Viking helmets. They are not perfect or 100% historically accurate (the project they're made for is fantasy) but I think they're decent enough and quite close to historical examples.

There are three helmets in this OSP: A simple Nasal Helmet, an Ocular Helmet, and a Faceplate Helmet.

They all have coifs, which are not made by me. Those were made by Narf of Picklestink, and are a part of his fantastic Men At Arms OSP pack. If you don't want the coifs, they can be quite easily removed with OpenBRF. I'll probably include some versions like that in a later version of this OSP.

Screenshots:
yXsdGFg.png

C6cfWF2.jpg

pSCnmp3.jpg

iO1rEpo.jpg

ZWM7qzx.jpg

3YDV3FD.jpg

zKm1smT.jpg

The metal texture on the helmets is meant to emulate the general look and color of the metal on Narfs items, specifically from the Men At Arms pack, as I am utilizing that OSP quite a bit in my project. I have also included a version of the texture that is a more silver/grey color. (I literally just created another material and used the specular map as the diffuse as well). If you would prefer a more silvery/grey look to the metal, just swap the material in OpenBRF. That said, I haven't tested this version in game yet, so I'm not sure how it will look in game.

Screenshots of this version:
7S8Y6Ru.png

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5m8ubkukcm5p3a3/Norman-Viking+Helmets.zip

As I said before, these are by no means perfect. There are a number of things that could use improvement, (some texture details, parts of the normal map, parts of the model have some weird shading issues, etc.) but I think they're of decent quality none the less.

If anyone has any suggestions for more stuff, or for things to improve with what's already here, I'd love to hear it.

Use:
You're completely free to use these in your own mods, so long as credit is given.

Hi, I plan to use the nasal and the spectacled ones in my mod(click on the sig). I think your works is amazing, thanks! Of course, when I add them, credits will be given.  :smile:

I actually figured it out
I just had to tag all of the appropriate boxes in morgh's item editor
Thanks for the response!
In the inventory screen, the helm is wonky, but atleast it fits onto the head properly now

I actually figured it out
I just had to tag all of the appropriate boxes in morgh's item editor
Thanks for the response!
In the inventory screen, the helm is wonky, but atleast it fits onto the head properly now
You can look how the helm is organised in the brf file. Is he rigged or not? You can see if he is rigged when you are able to play an animation with the helmet. You can then discard the animation in openbrf (the helm will then look normally at your inventory) and then you need to deselect the armature flag (or something like that) again iirc.

Back
Top Bottom