Open Something weird is causing Mount and Blade Warband to stall my PC

Users who are viewing this thread

tokuga

Recruit
I'll play the game normally, do a few battles then some error causes my whole PC to halt. It will freeze on a current frame then whatever ingame or backround sound in another window will stretch out to a monotone sound. The screen will then black out. I think it's a problem with my graphics card but all my drivers are updated.

I tried to find someone who had a similar problem but I haven't found anyone with this problem.

I am not.

Just did a complete re-install, still having the same crash.
Had the same issue when I connected my laptop to a TV via HDMI, nothing I did solved the issue so I did a Windows reinstall and reinstalled Warband. That solved the issue, I don't know what caused that weird problem but it might gave you a clue if you did a similar thing.

You should check the task manager. I've currently a issue with netsvcs reserving some 5 GB RAM, but haven't confirmed memory leak or link to a certain program. Might do a reinstall of windows tho. In your case it might also be hardware error, should open your computer and check so all parts look fine and cables are properly in.

Edited: It was a waiting windows update.

Last edited:
Had the same issue when I connected my laptop to a TV via HDMI, nothing I did solved the issue so I did a Windows reinstall and reinstalled Warband. That solved the issue, I don't know what caused that weird problem but it might gave you a clue if you did a similar thing.

I'll try this method. My computer is connected to an HDMI TV (Sad I know). Is it a bad idea to kill two birds with one stone and upgrade my OS to 7 from 10? Or just do a re-installation of 7.

I'll try this method. My computer is connected to an HDMI TV (Sad I know). Is it a bad idea to kill two birds with one stone and upgrade my OS to 7 from 10? Or just do a re-installation of 7.

Did a clean re-install, having no problems whatsoever so far. Thanks a ton Aruda!

Update: Played for an hour or so and my PC stalled out again. I ran a diagnostic check on my ram but it detected no problems.

You might upgraded it but maybe it was corrupted . Clean install wont take you longer than 30 minutes.
Easiest and best way to fix problems
The install was a clean install.

Can we know your full computer specs?

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte H97-D3H-CF
Storage: WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz DIMM

It's a stretch, but you could attempt to increase your PC's available space in the page file.

I had the same problem once. Ended up uninstalling Mount and Blade and navigating through regedit and deleting all of the Mount and Blade references there. Rebooted, updated drivers and then rebooted once before reinstalling Warband. No more hiccups.

Back
Top Bottom