Mods for Mount and Blade Ps4

Users who are viewing this thread

Zoac

Recruit
Hello, I'm Zoac. I just recently joined Taleworlds forum recently after I learned that Mount and Blade came to consoles in September. I got excited and got it immediately, but after reading through some threads and posts I've learned that console players won't be receiving any mods. Honestly, that really lowers the hype I had before learning this. Don't get me wrong, mount and blade is an exciting and addicting game to play and to watch. I've been watching Let's Plays for several years now hoping to one day play the game and some of the best mods it has to offer. I was honestly hoping to get the full mount and blade experience on console without having to buy a computer and then the game along with Wi-Fi so that I can access the internet to buy it. Hopefully, mods will be reconsidered and added to the game. It would have more console players buying it in my opinon.

Not an option. People already explained why, this is one of those explanations.
Cpt. Nemo said:
While I have no idea what exactly it would take to allow downloading mods on consoles, I can tell you a couple reasons why it likely isn't worth attempting. Please bear in mind i'm just a forum moderator, and I don't have access to any other information than what's posted here.

1. Size Limits
Both the PS4 and the Xbox One have limits on the total size of downloaded mods, with Skyrim Special Edition currently having the largest limits, with the XBONE at 5 gigabytes and the PS4 at a miniscule 2 gigabytes. This is a problem when you consider that Floris, easily the most popular mod for Warband, is 1.26 GB for the absolute bare bones version, and the other 2 versions are both over 2 gigabytes.

2. Permissions
For a mod to be uploaded, either the modders that made it must do it themselves, or give their permission for someone else to do it. Some modders don't even want their creations on Steam, so I can only imagine what those modders would say to putting them up on consoles. Even worse, some mod creators are difficult if not impossible to contact, so getting them to make their mods available or give permission for others to do so cannot happen.

Cpt. Nemo said:
Will there be any DLC?

The Warband console port will not receive any DLC.

Late edit: Whoops. my brain was a bit scrambled when I made this post, and I thought you asked for DLC.

As for mods: The bit Andry quoted provides a couple good reasons why they aren't coming, sorry.

Why would you assume this game would have mods on console? There are literally only 2 games on console that have mods, and they're both from Bethesda.

Late edit: Whoops. my brain was a bit scrambled when I made this post, and I thought you asked for DLC.

As for mods: The bit Andry quoted provides a couple good reasons why they aren't coming, sorry.
Why not bring dlc to the consoles though? I've owned warband and mount and blade both for sometime but never played the native game or bought the dlc because modding was so prevalent and easy, the first time I beat native m&b was xbox and I'd love to buy dlc for the game I think itd bring alot more incentive to buy the game and play the multiplayer and a different version would be refreshing since modding won't be an option. Also will there be a possibility of keyboard mouse support in the future? My computer recently went kaput on me but I still have everything else and would love to play keyboard mouse on console even. Thank you great game can't wait for bannerlord(and since that's coming to consoles you don't want to cheat them out of content that PC player would get)

Last edited:
Becasue you wont get any results. Our community has been asking for mods and other stuff but they arent going to do anything with it.
Mods aren't realistic cause they are player made not made by talewords themselves now I'm not an expert but the game was made for keyboard and mouse so how hard would it be to make it compatible for xbox, and dlc would take sometime and because of bannerlord I'm doubtful they'd give us any, however these are things they could also think about for bannerlord. Potential dlc, console commands, keyboard mouse support. Since they are trying to make a console fandom they don't want to cheat them out of content and money that pc players would get for the same price

Bannerlord on consoles wont be released soon after pc gets it. Also keyboard(at least on ps4) is supported however mouse doesnt work properly. I belive its due to ps4 itself .

Bannerlord on consoles wont be released soon after pc gets it. Also keyboard(at least on ps4) is supported however mouse doesnt work properly. I belive its due to ps4 itself .
Well xbox doesn't have keyboard and mouse support which is strange to me cause the developers of the game get to choose whether it does or doesn't and the way I understand it is bannerlord is coming to pc and consoles at the same time or at least the early access is, which how early access could the game be in they've shown gameplay of them playing minigames in the base game if you have time for bull**** like that it's a pretty finished game lol

and the way I understand it is bannerlord is coming to pc and consoles at the same time or at least the early access is,
Then your understanding is wrong. Early Access is PC only, and the console release will be sometime after the PC version's full release most likely.

Last edited:
Then your understanding is wrong. Early Access is PC only, and the console release will be sometime after the PC version's full release most likely.
Maybe, I read on Google that it planned on coming to consoles and March 2020 was the only date I saw for early access anyways but I'd still like to play keyboard mouse for xbox especially since ps4 users can, so if you would be so kind as to tell me how to message taleworlds itd be appreciated

I'm gonna guess no as well, with Bannerlord on the horizon and numerous bugs still unfixed.
Well sometime during development of bannerlord they thought we can release warband on consoles as a side project and seeing as the game is designed specifically for keyboard mouse in mind it shouldn't be hard to transfer that to xbox especially when ps4 has that feature

Back
Top Bottom