Building pc for Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

hi, i'm working on building a pc right now for Bannerlord, but i'm not sure about the specs needed as of right now,
i'm looking at AMD with the 3400G and the intg graphics of RX Vega 11 that comes with it and 16 or 32 or maybe 64 ram at 3200 speed.
Would this be good to run it and run it at 30 or 60 FPS? like how good would it run please?

I think you would be able to reach that ball park of 30 to 60, but i have some friends with AMD CPU's that sometimes get stutters with higher performing games, so i'd suggest looking into it, I personally run an intel CPU and pretty sure that intel cores are more stable even though AMD is more numerous

+1 to that. U should be able to run bannerlord properly even with 16Gb ram. First get good gpu and cpu. That much ram is kinda waste of money.

I'd be wary of integrated graphics for a serious gaming platform.

Based on what we know so far, my own AMD-based budget build for this game would be Ryzen 1600 (2600 or even 3600 if I could stretch to it; 6 cores will be useful in this game) plus a second-hand GPU from the RX4xx series. The current system reqs only call for 8Gb of RAM but 16 would allow some future proofing if you can manage it.

Overall though, can't you wait until the EA release for some actual tests? It shouldn't be long now :smile:

hi, i'm working on building a pc right now for Bannerlord, but i'm not sure about the specs needed as of right now,
i'm looking at AMD with the 3400G and the intg graphics of RX Vega 11 that comes with it and 16 or 32 or maybe 64 ram at 3200 speed.
Would this be good to run it and run it at 30 or 60 FPS? like how good would it run please?
64 32 ram would be completely useless 8 would be enough but 16 is good. 4-6 gb gpu should be more than enough for a smooth game (gtx 1660 is nice) but for big 1000 men sized battles u need a good cpu big battles will have hundreds of man swinging swords at each other each having their own animations etc. it will use a lot of your cpu. I would recommend (it is also recommended on steam page) i5 9600k, but i7 9700k would do a better job if you are able to afford it. To summarize it all you don't need that much ram 4g gpu would be ok but if you wanna experience big battles smoothly get a good cpu (I don't like amd)

Tripple post
amd cpu good, integrated vega 11 for bannerlord no good. why u even thinking about getting 32 or 64 gigs of ram. get decent gpu first.
you can't compare the price point of ram to good gpu. a good gpu would take me a while to save up to which i will do regardless but i would like to play in the mean time till that point.

64 32 ram would be completely useless 8 would be enough but 16 is good. 4-6 gb gpu should be more than enough for a smooth game (gtx 1660 is nice) but for big 1000 men sized battles u need a good cpu big battles will have hundreds of man swinging swords at each other each having their own animations etc. it will use a lot of your cpu. I would recommend (it is also recommended on steam page) i5 9600k, but i7 9700k would do a better job if you are able to afford it. To summarize it all you don't need that much ram 4g gpu would be ok but if you wanna experience big battles smoothly get a good cpu (I don't like amd)
i never liked AMD either, this is my first ever AMD build and i'm only doing this cause of price point + seems like a lot of people keep saying that amd is starting to get the better of Intel if you compare them side by side with the same amount of cost

ok, so i alrdy have a amd mother board so i have to stick with amd now, which cpu would be the cheapest one to get but still be able to run bannerlord at maxed out settings? would the 3600 ( not the x ) be able to do it or do i need to think of something bigger?
mother board i have is the b450 auros pro wifi btw

i'm paying about 80-140 for 32g of ram while great gpu ( 20 series ) would cost me triple that and up, so budget wise i can start with good ram 32 compare to the 16 is not that big difference money wise, then when i have more money i can get a good gpu, beside gpu's going to go down in price soon once more info about the 30 series start to flood

no benefit to more ram. what mother board are you using?... that would certain make things easier to judge. I doubt your FSB is faster than 2666 unless you are overclocking, which you shouldnt do. 2 sticks of 8GB 2666 RAM will be a big enough pipe to feed any high end processor you choose. Just find out what socket your CPU is, then look at what chipset your motherboard uses, and pick the best compatible CPU upgrade and put the rest towards a video card because integrated graphics is a terrible bottleneck for your CPU. dont waste money on RAM youre never going to utilize

no benefit to more ram. what mother board are you using?... that would certain make things easier to judge. I doubt your FSB is faster than 2666 unless you are overclocking, which you shouldnt do. 2 sticks of 8GB 2666 RAM will be a big enough pipe to feed any high end processor you choose. Just find out what socket your CPU is, then look at what chipset your motherboard uses, and pick the best compatible CPU upgrade and put the rest towards a video card because integrated graphics is a terrible bottleneck for your CPU. dont waste money on RAM youre never going to utilize
b450 auros pro wifi and the differance between 16 to 32 gig of ram is only about $40-$50 and the speed i'm talking about is 3200 of the ram
as much as i understood in AMD builds you need to go above 3000 mhz on the ram unlike intel

b450 auros pro wifi and the differance between 16 to 32 gig of ram is only about $40-$50 and the speed i'm talking about is 3200 of the ram
as much as i understood in AMD builds you need to go above 3000 mhz on the ram unlike intel
the difference is nuanced and difficult to explain, but that extra 40-50 just goes to making your memory controller do extra work and consume more power with no benefit. You can set your clockspeed higher than 2666 but its completely unnecessary. with 16GB of data fed to your CPU at a rate of 2666Hz you will feed more data to the CPU than it could ever process, that is more data than any consumer grade stand alone processor could ever possibly process. if you increased the frequency you would cause more heat, and just begin to queue data to the CPU as you surpass it's ability to process the data, with no benefit

the difference is nuanced and difficult to explain, but that extra 40-50 just goes to making your memory controller do extra work and consume more power with no benefit. You can set your clockspeed higher than 2666 but its completely unnecessary. with 16GB of data fed to your CPU at a rate of 2666Hz you will feed more data to the CPU than it could ever process, that is more data than any consumer grade stand alone processor could ever possibly process. if you increased the frequency you would cause more heat, and just begin to queue data to the CPU as you surpass it's ability to process the data, with no benefit
so... you basically saying that if i do go 3200 instead of 2666 it would crate a bottleneck in my cpu or if i go 32 instead of 16 it would create a bottleneck?

so... you basically saying that if i do go 3200 instead of 2666 it would crate a bottleneck in my cpu or if i go 32 instead of 16 it would create a bottleneck?
the increased bus rate would create heat, you wouldnt see the benefit. if you went from 2 stick to 4 sticks, you would see degraded performance from your memory controller. You'll never use that extra 16gb if you got 2 16GB sticks. 2 sticks of 8gb is prefered to 4 sticks of 4gb or 1 stick of 16gb. The memory is advertised with a speed rating, the higher the speed rating the better performance of the memory during testing. Your BIOS actually decides your bus frequency, you should use what ever it defaults to or is recommended, and do not overclock that setting its pointless.

the increased bus rate would create heat, you wouldnt see the benefit. if you went from 2 stick to 4 sticks, you would see degraded performance from your memory controller. You'll never use that extra 16gb if you got 2 16GB sticks. 2 sticks of 8gb is prefered to 4 sticks of 4gb or 1 stick of 16gb. The memory is advertised with a speed rating, the higher the speed rating the better performance of the memory during testing. Your BIOS actually decides your bus frequency, you should use what ever it defaults to or is recommended, and do not overclock that setting its pointless.
wasn't going to overclock, was planning on going with 2 sticks of 16 with speed of 3200

save the extra ram money for a ryzen 5 3600, best cpu in the market at the moment :wink:
i dont think the 3400g can handle aaaaaany game so probably u should go for a supirior cpu and save money for the gpu...

save the extra ram money for a ryzen 5 3600, best cpu in the market at the moment :wink:
i dont think the 3400g can handle aaaaaany game so probably u should go for a supirior cpu and save money for the gpu...
well my initial thought was going intel and stratch my build over 4-5 months but i been reading around about amd 3400g being decent gpu, if i go 3600 that means i would wait another month or 2 before i can get a good gpu, which means another month or 2 before i can play at all, see that's where my prob is at, i don't really want to wait, i kind of want to play Butterlord as soon as it gets out lol i been waiting for almost a decade now, tired of waiting lmao

If you're gonna build a new pc, 8x2 (16)gb 3000mhz rams would be enough for the next 5 years for sure. If you're not Nvidia fan I suggest you to get 580 Gpu since it's the one of the best price/performance gpu so far. When it comes to Cpu, Ryzen 5 3600 would be cool but since I have no clue about your budget, I can assure say that even ryzen 5 2600/x is good enough for gaming.

Back
Top Bottom