Disappointed about the lack of communication !

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't quite understand the Taleworlds way of communicating. We're less than two months away from the release of the game and no new information, no visuals, no video and not even a devblog. This is the time when everything should be moving, communication should be at its best! I manage a team of old players with hundreds of actives one, most of them don't even know about the license or about the existence of Bannerlord !! No press preview, no new media in the last few weeks. I don't even understand why the CM or a member of the staff doesn't communicate even a minimum like "don't worry, news will come soon" or something like that, just the minimum.
It gives the impression that the team is completely overwhelmed by a promise they can't keep and bury their heads in the sand instead of admitting it. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but this doesn't smell good at all...

:sad:

While i do more information would be nice and maybe they should be giving more, Its an EA release, not a full release, I can not remember having seen any studios issue major statements nearing an EA release, they mostly just seem to pop up. If this was a full release I would as you be VERY VERY worried, but since its EA, i cant see why they would not launch, unless the game was so broken you could barely even start it up. Thats what EA is for, being allowed to release something thats not done, so i cant see why they would not release whatever they have when we hit march. I do think crunching is going on atm though, to make the game as polished as possible, at those times most studios tend to go a bit more silent. Mount and Blades twitter account did post something yesterday about the inspiration for the new Sultanate faction though, so not completely silent. Another reason we might not be hearing anything is because of what happened back in (was it 2016) where one of their guys said release would be next year. That statement did alot of damage, I cant remember the details, but i do think that guy was let go afterwards. That might have lead to the studio in general being far more cautios with what statements they issue, but its all mainly speculation. A statement from them about EA release date would be very welcome though, also what the game will cost, though i must admit 40-60 euro does not matter to me, will buy it anyways.

Take as many as you need, I have plenty. :lol:
OIxhz.jpg

I manage a team of old players with hundreds of actives one, most of them don't even know about the license or about the existence of Bannerlord
Are they Mount & Blade players? The game has been teased since 2012 with several videos, interviews, conference booths, as well as a beta coming out since then. If people have any interest, I'm sure they would've known about it already. There has definitely been enough information and advertisement over the years to at least create a buzz.

Are they Mount & Blade players? The game has been teased since 2012 with several videos, interviews, conference booths, as well as a beta coming out since then. If people have any interest, I'm sure they would've known about it already. There has definitely been enough information and advertisement over the years to at least create a buzz.
+1

The early access release will be just that, early access. Development still has some way to go but we are at the point now where we feel the game is ready for players to jump in and get countless hours of fun while sharing their thoughts and feedback with us. However, we don't want to hype the game up as something that it isn't, especially to a new audience that might not be familiar with our games or how we operate as a company, and as such, we would prefer to just put the game out there and let it speak for itself while we continue to work on it.

The early access release will be just that, early access. Development still has some way to go but we are at the point now where we feel the game is ready for players to jump in and get countless hours of fun while sharing their thoughts and feedback with us. However, we don't want to hype the game up as something that it isn't, especially to a new audience that might not be familiar with our games or how we operate as a company, and as such, we would prefer to just put the game out there and let it speak for itself while we continue to work on it.
Okay... Will there be more blogs? You promised more information about early access and what exactly will be in it.
Blog for the Blog God!

Hey Callum. If I may ask one thing: At what point can we expect the announcement of an exact full game release date?
Thank you

Okay... Will there be more blogs? You promised more information about early access and what exactly will be in it.
Blog for the Blog God!

Yes, just not this week. I am sorry for the lack of a blog the past few weeks, I got a little sidetracked working on the forum transition, but we will be doing more of them soon enough!

Hey Callum. If I may ask one thing: At what point can we expect the announcement of an exact full game release date?
Thank you

We should, hopefully, be making the announcement for the exact EA date at some stage in the coming weeks (before the end of Feb). As for the full-game, I don't have an answer for that right now, sorry.

We should, hopefully, be making the announcement for the exact EA date at some stage in the coming weeks (before the end of Feb). As for the full-game, I don't have an answer for that right now, sorry.

Was hoping to book some time off work on release week, won't be able to with a late announcement like that. But I am glad to finally get confirmation of a upcoming date rather than a delay like I was expecting. Can't wait to play, especially after trying out Battletest and seeing how far I can push the beta's unit count. 700 a side is pretty big for a Dark Age Warband.

Yes, just not this week. I am sorry for the lack of a blog the past few weeks, I got a little sidetracked working on the forum transition, but we will be doing more of them soon enough!

Thanks for the answers Callum :smile:

Callum, can you tell us when approximately siege mode is coming to the beta?

Callum, is there any chance to have a PRICE too that same day? Think in the many of us south americans and our difficulty to pay in dollars.
So, the sooner we know the price, the better.
Thanks

Callum, is there any chance to have a PRICE too that same day? Think in the many of us south americans and our difficulty to pay in dollars.
So, the sooner we know the price, the better.
Thanks

I fully understand what you are saying. I'm not sure when we will be announcing the price, but I can say that we will be regionally pricing the game so hopefully, it won't come as a big shock to you.

Back
Top Bottom