Why there is not camel riding unit in any troop tree

Users who are viewing this thread

Implementing camelry into Bannerlord is a great idea, I think. However there is any camel riding unit, even in Aserai troop tree which we had seen lately in Gamescon last year or earlier or later.
Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe anyone have any information about troops that are not know commonly?

Asad111 said:
Implementing camelry into Bannerlord is a great idea, I think. However there is any camel riding unit, even in Aserai troop tree which we had seen lately in Gamescon last year or earlier or later.
Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe anyone have any information about troops that are not know commonly?

now that you mention it i didnt see any camel cavalry either... theyre definitely in the game and good pack animals, maybe theyre used as aserai caravan guards or something  :idea:

I think that aserai should have dedicated camel troop like saracens while empire and khuzait should have some limited camel option like mongols and byzantine in Age of Kings!

Piconi said:

Of course most of us know it but, still there is no info about particiular troops riding camels.

Maybe bandits raiding in southern desert of Calradia would use (or are using yet which we doesn't know :smile:) camels as a mount?

Maybe there are "special" troop trees (as there is one, I think, where Cataphracts are) where are camel mounted units?

Well we haven't much information of Aserai standard troops. We have some old screenshot of the Khul (spelling?) slave that is just a subfaction and in fact was quite weird like all subfactions (many cavalry and no infantry).  But zero about Aserai typical troops. Non aserai doesn't have camels among their standard troop tree....at least in the old tree shown in gamescom. Troops are still changing, the berserker was a Battanian unit for example.

I agree with You that troop trees are changing. This and that the troop trees are multiplied in each faction are the slim hope for camel mounted units.
I would be great to see camels not only as Aserai mount but, as it was mentioned here earlier, as Khuzait mount some times. Why not Southern Empire have camel mounted special unit.

Asad111 said:
Camels are already here. Aserai Beduin in multiplayer has it.
They will definitelly be in SP, just wait till early access.

There are camel troops, playing MP Aserai has a class with a camel option. Hopefully there will be more variety in SP though.

MIKA said:
They will definitelly be in SP, just wait till early access.

Yes they will be. However w doesn't know anything about how they used by troops. There is no info about specific units using camels as a mount and, as far as I've seen, troop trees doesn't include camel riding cavalry even in Aserai. Of course saying about main troop tree which is known form gameplays form last Gamescon.

This is because they are in the troop trees of the Jawwal, a minor faction, and not the main one for the Aserai.

The Jawwals have the following troop tree:

"Jawwal Recruit"
which advances into
"Jawwal Camel Rider"
and finally the
"Jawwal Bedouin"

I think it's also safe to say the last one still has the camel, I doubt they'd put a camel on only one troop.

Asad111 said:
However w doesn't know anything about how they used by troops.
Here i can tell you only, that in MP in Captain mode they are a skirmisher cavalry without a shield, high hp, heavy charge and rather fast. Bots ride them as usual and they are pretty funny.

MIKA said:
Here i can tell you only, that in MP in Captain mode they are a skirmisher cavalry without a shield, high hp, heavy charge and rather fast. Bots ride them as usual and they are pretty funny.

I think that they are :smile:

DerekLeet said:
This is because they are in the troop trees of the Jawwal, a minor faction, and not the main one for the Aserai.

The Jawwals have the following troop tree:

"Jawwal Recruit"
which advances into
"Jawwal Camel Rider"
and finally the
"Jawwal Bedouin"

I think it's also safe to say the last one still has the camel, I doubt they'd put a camel on only one troop.

Is there Jawwal troop tree in thread including last Gamescon info? I've must missed it.  :ohdear:

Doesn't anyone knows something about minor faction troop trees? Especially camel riders.
Nobody knows nothing for sure, especially about minor factions, but to me the most logical step is to not give Aserai any camels, but make the minor faction of Jawwal mentioned in one of the devblogs as being nomadic, Berber/Touareg/Bedouin people, so i think it would make sence to make camels exclusive to their troops. You could of course buy a camel for yourself or hire them to follow your army perhaps.

Now that I think about horses and camels are a resource and they said you need those in inventory for your troops and you can lose them of you don't feed them.
If you have 100 nomads and zero horses they will go at foot like cavalry during siege in m&b 1. If you put camels only all nomads will have camels.
I guess they will use some sort of cap to avoid light cavalry to ride heavy warhorses. But I wonder if a mameluke can ride a camel (like Age of Kings) or even a pony if you don't have Better mounts in inventory....

Now that I think about horses and camels are a resource and they said you need those in inventory for your troops and you can lose them of you don't feed them.
If you have 100 nomads and zero horses they will go at foot like cavalry during siege in m&b 1. If you put camels only all nomads will have camels.
I guess they will use some sort of cap to avoid light cavalry to ride heavy warhorses. But I wonder if a mameluke can ride a camel (like Age of Kings) or even a pony if you don't have Better mounts in inventory....

I think the systems work so that you have to pay with a horse along with gold to upgrade a unit up to a cavalry unit. We don't know if you need a particular horse, but I think you do. Like you need a Vlandian horse to get a Vlandian knight. I bet that when it comes to camels that you need a camel to upgrade a unit to camel rider.

That makes sense to me because it wouldn't make sense to have knights riding mules or camels x)

edit: It would also make sense if the different horses come in classes like Light and Heavy so that you can source your horses in foreign lands on campaign. I wonder what happens after battle if a cavalry unit loses their mount. Will you have an unmounted knight joining with the infantry until you give them a new horse? hmm.

Back
Top Bottom