Modding Area Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

It would be helpful for the incoming wave (Bannerlord players) if the modding section was clear on the separation: [go here to DO modding] and [go here to PLAY/install mods ready to play]. Basically [Developers/modders] x [Players]

If both sections will remain under the "modding" umbrella then my suggestion is to review the titles. Currently we have "General Modding" and "Mount & Blade Engine".

It would be helpful for the incoming wave (Bannerlord players) if the modding section was clear on the separation: [go here to DO modding] and [go here to PLAY/install mods ready to play]. Basically [Developers/modders] x [Players]

If both sections will remain under the "modding" umbrella then my suggestion is to review the titles. Currently we have "General Modding" and "Mount & Blade Engine".

Bannerlord will have its own section with multiple subboards when the game is released. :smile:

I suggest a thread were 3D meshes or atleast images can be displayed. Creating new items is a important part of modding and with the new changes concerning Bannerlord, where appereantly many mods can active at the same time I think it might be a good addition. For Skyrim, there were many mods where only one armor was added to the game and I think that is something we will also see more often in Bannerlord.

Additionaly it might be useful to seperate showcased mods by catageroy at a later point. Like total conversion, multiplayer only, maps, item-only, or other stuff like deplomacy mods.

I suggest a thread were 3D meshes or atleast images can be displayed. Creating new items is a important part of modding and with the new changes concerning Bannerlord, where appereantly many mods can active at the same time I think it might be a good addition. For Skyrim, there were many mods where only one armor was added to the game and I think that is something we will also see more often in Bannerlord.
How about you use an already existing thread for that? :wink:
Additionaly it might be useful to seperate showcased mods by catageroy at a later point. Like total conversion, multiplayer only, maps, item-only, or other stuff like deplomacy mods.
Not sure about that separation, it's getting a mess later in my opinion.

How about you use an already existing thread for that? :wink:

Not sure about that separation, it's getting a mess later in my opinion.

I was thinking about a section for Bannerlord mods specifically. Stuff like swords and armors. Like a catalogue for players that want to spice up their game. Probably wasn't clear enough. I knew about that thread and I really appreciat it, but I think having amazing art and game-ready models can be two pair of shoes. To be honest though, I only started 3D a year ago so I am mostly a newbie.

I was thinking about a section for Bannerlord mods specifically. Stuff like swords and armors. Like a catalogue for players that want to spice up their game. Probably wasn't clear enough. I knew about that thread and I really appreciat it, but I think having amazing art and game-ready models can be two pair of shoes. To be honest though, I only started 3D a year ago so I am mostly a newbie.
Bannerlord will have its own section with multiple subboards when the game is released.
I think you can just imagine an equivalent of the current M&B Engine boards and threads ^^

We'll be implementing prefixes for various boards, including the one with released mods. In that section specifically, we'll be adding the following prefixes:
The Caravanserai (And all childboards within), The Pioneer's Guild:
- Type: SP, MP, Total Conversion, Partial Conversion, Items, Graphics, Sound, Performance
- Theme: Antiquity, Dark Ages, Medieval, Musket Era, Modern, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Oriental
- Limits: Min.1, Max.3

We can of course change, add, remove some of these prefixes based on feedback. You should be seeing these prefixes added to boards this week. The prefixes are great as they allow for filtering between mods. Just click on "SP" for example and only SP mods will show up etc.

One might argue, what's the point of adding them to Warband boards? Well, the sooner everyone gets used to having them around and using them, the easier the transition to the BL boards will be.

Bannerlord will have its own section with multiple subboards when the game is released. :smile:

Any update on this? Would love to start discussing with other creators and modders on how to tackle the new C# module system but it seems it's just a flood in the main subforum.

So far from what I've seen most discussion has been offsite and in PMs on NexusMods.

Any update on this? Would love to start discussing with other creators and modders on how to tackle the new C# module system but it seems it's just a flood in the main subforum.

So far from what I've seen most discussion has been offsite and in PMs on NexusMods.
Eh, take a look again at the modding boards, there is a whole Bannerlord section since the weekend. Simple questions will however only go to the Q&A board now.

Last edited:
Would it be possible for mods to have their own subboards? I could build my own forum but having them all in the same place (forum.taleworlds.com) would greatly improve their discoverability and the growth of their communities.

Would it be possible for mods to have their own subboards? I could build my own forum but having them all in the same place (forum.taleworlds.com) would greatly improve their discoverability and the growth of their communities.
There is the new group function. You can build up a group for your mod and create boards there (currently two iirc). If you interlink it with your mod thread it can work out fine.

I would suggest to reintegrate the whole Modding Section into the normal forum, the Bannerlord Modding boards to the Bannerlord section and the Warband Modding boards to the Warband section. Some people/modders already complained that they are too separated from the main forum, it might increase again the visibility of these boards for the normal forum visitor.

I would also suggest to make the forum page (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/) the new start home page because the current one is pretty much useless.

Back
Top Bottom