Welcome Message

Users who are viewing this thread

No no, I'm not talking about the old forum, just saying it could be an addition to the new forum considering how much wasted background space there is in comparison to the old one.
Well it can be easily added actually. If you can find a matching artwork for background, why not? :smile:

Or I can increase the width, so that we can use more of the space

The new forum design and features is nice but i would love to have that old paper color scheme back, it felt so cozy on the old forums (and i'm one who loves dark themes everywhere but i've spent some 10 years on this forum, the old theme colors felt like home lol)

I've been informed that TW is working on a brown theme so hopefully we see the result of that soon! The forum does seem quite thin also, so an increase in width would be nice.

anyone know how to "react" to posts? well all have Best answers : 0 under our names and reactions received in our profile but i cant see a thumbs up button or something similar

Something like this?

HJLWd.png

Still working on few stuff though.
I really like this, it is really cool. Much better!

Well it can be easily added actually. If you can find a matching artwork for background, why not? :smile:

Or I can increase the width, so that we can use more of the space

I'd prefer having a background image rather than it being wider, but I'm not sure if others would also like it. Perhaps it could be like in this section of the website:

J3WddG4.png

A wallpaper as background but slightly blurred and darker. I'm sure TW would have more fitting artwork that they haven't published though, as they've made some for the website which looks very good.

I'd prefer having a background image rather than it being wider, but I'm not sure if others would also like it. Perhaps it could be like in this section of the website:

J3WddG4.png

A wallpaper as background but slightly blurred and darker. I'm sure TW would have more fitting artwork that they haven't published though, as they've made some for the website which looks very good.
Something like this then?
4DbWr.jpg

I think it kinda looks weird

It will take a while to adjust and find where things are after so many years, but many thanks for all the effort, it will have been a challenge I am sure.

Something like this then?
4DbWr.jpg

I think it kinda looks weird

It does look weird, it's huge and stretched, but I still find it better looking than a plain colour. Also I'm not sure if it's because of your resolution or something, but there's a lot more space to the sides on my screen:

rxK0ZuZ.png

Is there no way to make the wallpaper fit properly without all that stretching?

It does look weird, it's huge and stretched, but I still find it better looking than a plain colour. Also I'm not sure if it's because of your resolution or something, but there's a lot more space to the sides on my screen:
I have 4K but I'm zooming in for scale and layout. So it acts like 1366x

And, there is a way to make a wallpaper fit properly without all that stretching but then you have to zoom in to wallpaper, to keep aspect ratio.
Let me see what I can do. Perhaps I can at least increase the width to make it more useful.

Can confirm, it wastes about half of my screenspace at 1440p on PC but it's edge-to-edge on my phone.

Yeah, I use 1440p and there's far more space than needed, I was hoping for a more letterbox approach rather than like a portrait forum mode; that way most letterbox modes adjusts to your screen instead of it being a fixed width.

Is there no way to make the wallpaper fit properly without all that stretching?

Okay, for 4K and other resolutions, I fixed it, kinda.
bIwqQ.jpg
From now on,
Don't waste your pixels, save your planet!

I can make it wider but I don't want it to cover whole page.

Back
Top Bottom