Welcome Message

Users who are viewing this thread

Welcome to the new and improved TaleWorlds forums!

As we explained in last week's blog, the new forum comes with some new features and quality of life improvements that we hope you will enjoy. In addition to this, we have used this opportunity to restructure parts of the forums, so if you think something is missing, it is possible that it has simply been moved, renamed, or in some cases archived. Our work isn't finished just yet though, so you can look forward to some more changes over the coming weeks and months! If you have any feedback or ideas/suggestions you would like to share, please make sure to leave a reply in the Feedback and Suggestions thread for us to take a look at.

Unfortunately, we did run into a couple of problems while making the transition. Private messages from the previous forum have not been carried over to this one. We know that some of those mails contain information that cannot be replaced, and so, we have decided to make the old forums accessible for you to access and recover the contents of those mails. You can access the old forums here. In addition to this, usernames have reverted to their original account/login names -- they can be changed in your account preferences. Some expired bans seem to have triggered on some accounts, if you or someone you know is affected, you can send an email to [email protected] explaining the issue and we will investigate it. Finally, there are some formatting issues with posts that have used BBCode features, such as tables.

Some usernames were also changed in the transition, generally due to them containing commas, which are not allowed in usernames in XenForo. If your username was changed, you will need to update your login info to reflect the new username. These are the affected users:
(V)_(•,,,•)_(V)(V)_(••)_(V)
Alp, Scotlander or Gimli
Alp Scotlander or Gimli
Black Knight, The
Black Knight The
Boris, Soviet Love Hammer
Boris Soviet Love Hammer
Caesar Franz, Leg.His IX
Caesar Franz Leg.His IX
comma1
comma2
comma3
comma4
comma5
David Hunter, Ranger48
David Hunter Ranger48
devsaremorons ⟶ imamoron
diegoramos,29631
diegoramos29631
Dr.Dinocrusher, PhD
Dr.Dinocrusher PhD
Dragon of Echigo, Kenshin
Dragon of Echigo Kenshin
Dwili, Son of Silly
Dwili Son of Silly
Edward, the Black Prince
Edward the Black Prince
Edwin, season harvester
Edwin season harvester
Elder, Aethelwulf
Elder Aethelwulf
Emperor, ERE or Tom Choe
Emperor ERE or Tom Choe
Ferosor, the Strong
Ferosor the Strong
Hash ,
Hash
Hash
Hash1
Hojo, Duke of Tinternet
Hojo Duke of Tinternet
In Kermit, we trust
In Kermit we trust
ji,up
jiup
John ,
John 1
Josh, The Bandit King
Josh The Bandit King
Kirves, from Midgard
Kirves from Midgard
kuntor, the hammer
kuntor the hammer
Kyle,
Kyle
Kyle
Kyle1
Lindsey, P.
Lindsey P.
löllerö
löllerö1
lord john, son of willaim
lord john son of willaim
Lord,Quintero
LordQuintero
Louis, The Last Breton
Louis The Last Breton
lousy_devs ⟶ lousy_username
Mahmud,o louvavel
Mahmudo louvavel
Matthew,The Bull
MatthewThe Bull
Me, Myself and I
Me Myself and I
Mücahit
Mücahit1
NLS, the pinguin
NLS the pinguin
Oi, meu chapa
Oi meu chapa
Orgasmo, Enchanted Dildo
Orgasmo Enchanted Dildo
P Enus Invaginus ⟶ Silly joker
RIncewind, The ArcherRIncewind The Archer
Rokan, Reaper of Souls
Rokan Reaper of Souls
Shlomo Shekelstein ⟶ Slow in the head
Sir, Lancealot
Sir Lancealot
Sir Mark, The Mighty.
Sir Mark The Mighty.
Sir,Blade
SirBlade
Stormson, son of storms
Stormson son of storms
Who, me?
Who me?
Will#gqick[WgSgJjWg,2,4]
Will#gqick[WgSgJjWg24]
Winegum, The Wacky Knight
Winegum The Wacky Knight
Callum
Callum of Swadia
Callum_TaleWorlds
Callum

Some of the features we highlighted in the blog have been restricted to certain sections for the time being, just to give us some time to see how they play out in a live environment. Prefixes, for example, have been restricted to the Technical Support and Modding Q&A section. We also decided to limit Reactions to the Media section, based on the feedback received in the blog post thread. Eventually, we will expand upon these in places that we feel are suitable.

The new Social Groups feature is currently restricted, meaning that any new social groups will need to be approved by a moderator before being accessible by other users. We are currently looking at ways to remove this additional step, but for now, this is how they will be handled. The hope is that Social Groups will provide clans, modding teams, event organisers, and any other like-minded users a place which they can call their own without needing the admin team to step in and assist with creating boards or granting additional rights after the initial approval stage.

It is highly possible there are some issues with the boards that have been missed, such as inconsistencies with the theme, so if you run across anything that is working as it should or looks out of place, please leave a reply in the Bug/Issue/Error Reporting thread for us to take a look at.

Finally, we know that it might come as a bit of a shock to many of our longtime forumites to transition from a light to a dark theme. Please rest assured that in time we will create a light theme so that you will have the choice to switch back to something that you are more familiar with.

Last edited:
Besides the changes Callum mentioned in the new forums DevBlog
Home page:
  • The forum home page acts as a hub where users can quickly and easily access game and support forums. It also houses featured content from across the forums which we feel deserves to be highlighted and presented to the entire community.
Social Groups:
  • The new social group feature allows like-minded people to come together in their own dedicated forum. We think that this will be a welcome addition to teams working on projects together, such as modding teams and event organisers, as well as, clans and any other groups that are looking for their own space to hold discussions amongst themselves in a more structured area that they have total control over.
Modding:
  • Modding has always been a major part of Mount & Blade games, and as such, we wanted to provide our modding community with a dedicated area where they can come together to share their knowledge and ideas with other modders and present their mods to the wider community. In other words, the modding section is a new hub for all things modding!
Media:
  • The media section allows users to share their videos and screenshots in one place, with support for a number of different external media sources, such as Imgur, YouTube and Twitch, which is presented in a structured gallery that is easy for users to browse at their leisure.
Streams:
  • Similar to the media section, the new forums also contain a dedicated streams section that displays Mount & Blade live streams from both Twitch and Mixer in a single place, allowing users to watch and engage with streamers directly on our forums.
Trophies:
  • We have included a new trophy system with the forums which provides users with goals and achievements that they can work towards by being productive members of the community.
Badges:
  • Badges are quite similar to trophies in that they serve no real purpose other than to show other community members just how awesome you are! However, the key difference with badges is that they are presented to people based on the contribution they have made or for something that they have achieved during their time within the community.
Tags:
  • Users are now able to tag their posts, which should come as a welcome addition to any forumite. This should make locating specific topics of discussion much easier in the future!
Prefixes:
  • Prefixes allow users to see the current status or subject of discussion for a post without having to open the topic and read it. For example, in our help section posts are set to automatically include an “Unsolved” tag which can then be changed to “Solved” when a solution has been found. Similarly, prefixes can be used to highlight something specific about a topic, such as if it is multiplayer or singleplayer related.
Question Threads:
  • Question threads allow users to pose a question to the community with which they are looking for a specific answer. Once they are happy that their question has been answered, they can select the best answer to be highlighted for other users to see.
Steam Login:
  • Users are now able to create a new forum account, or link an existing one, to their Steam account. Right now, this serves no other purpose than ease of access for users, however, there are a few ideas of how this could be expanded later down the line, so watch this space!
Reactions:
  • We added the ability for users to react to posts, similar to what you can find on any typical social media site. Right now we have limited this to just positive reactions, however, we would like to include the community in this discussion and come to an agreement on what the scope of reactions should be. After all, the last thing we want to do is detract from the active discussions, debates and general engagement that our current forums facilitate and promote.

We thought worth mentioning a couple of extra features that might not necessarily be immediately clear:
  • @'s:
You can now @ somebody to bring their attention to a specific thread or post, simply type @ and the name of the user and you'll see a dropdown list so you can choose the right person. It'll look like this: @Orion and they will receive a bell notification like this:

80emc.png
WZuor.png

Of course, you can disable this if you don't want to get notifications every time someone @'s you, you can do so in your profile preferences along with disabling bell notifications for other things. This allows you to customize what kind of notifications you get so you can use the forums the way it suits you best.
P-DmQ.png
  • Quoting:
You can still quote the way we used to (through BBcode or by clicking "reply" under a person's post) but you can now also highlight parts of their text and then click the "reply" button that appears after you do so, this makes picking another person's points apart much easier.

di9Fx.png

So where's the function to view new replies to threads you've posted in since your last visit? Or is the only way to view -all- new posts at once, making keeping track of your conversations utterly byzantine?

So where's the function to view new replies to threads you've posted in since your last visit? Or is the only way to view -all- new posts at once, making keeping track of your conversations utterly byzantine?
I'm assuming this would be under alerts. Not completely sure though.

I like it, just gonna wait for that light theme now. Cheers. :party:
What kind of a monster asks for a Light Theme...
But jokes aside, as far as I know, XenForo is coming with default light theme anyway, so they just have to give control for you to enable that.

Use the Forum dropdown menu from the navigation bar at the top and you have different options there of which posts you want to search for.

That isn't what I asked. On the old forum there was a single button that would show you a display of all threads that you've posted in that have had new replies, allowing you to easily keep track of ongoing conversations and threads of interest. There's no way I can find, even in that dropdown, to see specifically those threads that you've posted in which have unread replies.

yeah, so far I prefer default XenoForo theme because TeleWorlds theme looks just bad imo.
Current dark theme is quite good I think. But since there is quite a lot request for old colors, I will prepare something really quick with old colors + some material like desing and create a thread for how to get use it etc.

Back
Top Bottom