Users who are viewing this thread

@Piconi, You know how I feel about that Staffordshire helmet.  :lol:
Anyway, I'm glad you're reviewing them. So we' re waiting for Rhagaea's review?  :shifty:

AmateurHetman said:
Terco_Viejo said:
@Piconi, You know how I feel about that Staffordshire helmet.  :lol:
Anyway, I'm glad you're reviewing them. So we' re waiting for Rhagaea's review?  :shifty:

I’ve seen the Staffordshire helmet in person. Do you like or dislike it?

On the contrary, it's a wonderful piece of art. The problem is that for me (my opinion) it would be out of place in the sketch. It's funny that he used it here only; it's more Piconi knows about my hard nitpickery. We love each other, nothing to worry about.  :lol:

I know what you were thinking of it before you even said it ?

However, i personally like intertwining some aesthetic styles that are very similar (often influenced by one another), but historicaly used in different locations and time periods.
The main positive of my works are that in the popular culture, this helmet looks more late Roman-early Byzantine to an untrained eye, than to early Anglo-saxons influenced heavily by the late Romans ? .

That influence is what i was going for with this one, something between the late Roman look, and early Byzantine one, without reaching for pure Burgh castle helmets, that look almost 100% byzantines to both history geeks and to those that are not.

I was going for a consistent color pallete, and that helmet just fit perfectly into it  :fruity:

Anyways, i strive for a different regional look for all of the 3 Empire splinter states and as we know Calradia is not a perfect counterpart to history, this fusion goes to my advantage  :wink:

As for Rhagaea, i have something in mind for her too, that would fit with the other 2 leaders, making Empire look pompeous comparing to the other factions, but also differentiate her regionaly from the 2.

The Southern Empire leader, Empress (Consort) Rhagaea, the widow of the last Emperor Arenicos - I imagine her having a slight Aserai-influenced aesthetics, by ordering with them and being close to the desert, giving a regional flavour, while still maintaining the primary Empire feel.

the imperial look of the purple on her arms and the crest definitely give a good empire vibe. And I also like the regional kinda novelties that she has such as the Leopard skin and the scale armor. Hopefully we see this detail in maybe the game and hopefully mods too!

Piconi said:
The Southern Empire leader, Empress (Consort) Rhagaea, the widow of the last Emperor Arenicos - I imagine her having a slight Aserai-influenced aesthetics, by ordering with them and being close to the desert, giving a regional flavour, while still maintaining the primary Empire feel.

This is ****ing beautiful. I do wish the artists would've gone with the purple & gold aesthetic for the Empire, it really gives off a royalty look.

i`ve tinkered with the colors a bit, made them closer to what we`ve seen in the last gamescom for each of the 3 Empire factions, added some small details, and put them together like before, Empire`s finest  :grin:

Senator Lucon as pompeous as always in his golden brass lammelar with bright purple and a silk cape, Rhagaea having a clear Aserai influence with se scale and leopard fur,by bordering with them and being so close to the desert, and Garios, a humble military veteran who the legions are trust, not much different from any other legionary, but recognisable.

I've vented my extravagance for now  :shifty: . I'll move on and see what needs and can be done with exsisting armor pieces.

Piconi said:
i`ve tinkered with the colors a bit, made them closer to what we`ve seen in the last gamescom for each of the 3 Empire factions, added some small details, and put them together like before, Empire`s finest  :grin:

Senator Lucon as pompeous as always in his golden brass lammelar with bright purple and a silk cape, Rhagaea having a clear Aserai influence with se scale and leopard fur,by bordering with them and being so close to the desert, and Garios, a humble military veteran who the legions are trust, not much different from any other legionary, but recognisable.

I've vented my extravagance for now  :shifty: . I'll move on and see what needs and can be done with exsisting armor pieces.

Ik that the Empire, in general, is supposed to represent the more advanced byzantine age, but I think it would be cool if you gave Garios a more Western Roman aesthetic. Shifting his colours from the royal purple to something along the lines of red/brownish colour palette, maybe a more defined plum helm, and have him wear an outdated bronze chest piece with some insignia designs on it. Goes in line with the civilizations he's fighting with the historic events. Obviously, not sure if you guys even have access to any of that stuff, but you and Terco are absolute gods when it comes to these designs.

In any event still, it looks stunning as always. 

JustinTime49 said:
Ik that the Empire, in general, is supposed to represent the more advanced byzantine age, but I think it would be cool if you gave Garios a more Western Roman aesthetic.
I tought i did, but more of a late Romano-British look . . .  :ohdear:

First i must say a big thank you for the compliments, it inspires further.  :party:

I personaly would absolutely LOVE to have western Empire be more romanized, and the North and/or South be purely Byzantine, or with some flavour. Now i must admit that would leave us with some issues for example:

either 1 roman and 2 byzantine or,
1 roman , 1 byzantine and 1 non defined inconsistent look.

Anyhow, what i think where TaleWorlds got their inspiration for the events in which the Empire breaks in 3 splinter states are probably the events after the Fourth Crusade, when Byzantine Empire split in 3 major states - Empire of Nicaea, Empire of Trebizond and the Empire (Kingdom to some) of Thessalonica (The Latin Empire considered as no more than a temporary ocupied territory) and many more minor ones.

I might be wrong with that, but the lore kind of reminds me of that.

That is why i think we will not be getting roman inspired faction, and i kind of understand it, there is a whole lot of possibility for, lets say M&B 3  :fruity: to be set in that era, arround 400-450 AUC, and have a roman, carthaginian, hellenic, gaulish, persian and egyptian inspired factions, from respective period.

Here you have a total revamp of the troops of each faction for the MP section from a realistic (personal judgement) point of view. In these Tercosketches there is no external element coming from anywhere else but the art of Taleworlds.  In previous sketches I introduced external elements with the intention to show the artistic shortcomings that in my opinion each faction lacks nowadays.

(*) Piconi, the Battania and Empire revamps I did before have become obsolete. Please remove them by replacing them with these new ones in the post on the first page.

Terco_Viejo said:
(*) Piconi, the Battania and Empire revamps I did before have become obsolete. Please remove them by replacing them with these new ones in the post on the first page.
Gotcha, done !

This is some blood-sweating work my boi, shows there is huge potential even in the somewhat limited amount of items already in the game !

We could easily have 4-5 very good looking variations of the same class, giving a very realistic feel on the battlefield !

And yet, I find that variety is lacking. Hopefully some miracle will happen and in March there will be dozens of new items for each faction. Fingers crossed...

Offtopic: I just read the latest twitter post and Callum (I guess that's him) sells us Battania as a purely Celtic faction. (link)

1382.gif

Me reading the tweet...

Terco_Viejo said:
And yet, I find that variety is lacking. Hopefully some miracle will happen and in March there will be dozens of new items for each faction. Fingers crossed...
Hopefully . . . If not by march, then at least there would be enough time untill EA ends. Time is not of the essence, but in my opinion, will is.

Also it would be dope if minor factions used the items that major factions' troops don't .

Back
Top Bottom