Early access - Whats your comment?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Just to jump in, sorry to burst the bubble or put a bit of a downer on it, but I think Tolga is a bit off the mark here. But it does make me happy that with his work in QA he feels that the game is a lot closer to release than is actually true. We are launching in Early Access in March 2020 and we aren't making any false assumptions or promises about that. The game will not be feature complete at that time and there will still be a long road to go after that where we work alongside our community to bring the game to the level that we all hope it will be at.

Thanks for your clarification. Does that mean that modding tools will be delayed until subsequent full release as opposed to Early Access?

Early Access is a somewhat arbitrary label anyway. Since it has become standard to work on a game even after a full release, the distinction between EA and Full Release (FR) is fluid.

That means that some games will do an EA that outshines the FR of another, and some FRs would better be labeled EA.

That being said, I trust Taleworlds to deliver one hell of an Early Access.

Resounding meh.
The last early access game I bought was planet coaster. Made by a studio which has far greater acclaim than Taleworlds. And left me rather disappointed. I've been burned enough times to know better and expect better. Taleworlds isn't a cute little indie team any more. If you want people to Beta-test your game hire testers or organise a public beta. But don't expect the community to pay for the privilege of fixing your bugs.
On the upside at least I now don't feel like I have buy on day one and can wait till the price drops.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Just to jump in, sorry to burst the bubble or put a bit of a downer on it, but I think Tolga is a bit off the mark here. But it does make me happy that with his work in QA he feels that the game is a lot closer to release than is actually true. We are launching in Early Access in March 2020 and we aren't making any false assumptions or promises about that. The game will not be feature complete at that time and there will still be a long road to go after that where we work alongside our community to bring the game to the level that we all hope it will be at.
You announced early access after 7 years. I still believe in you guys :!: I really hope that this will be the full version of Bannerlord.
I'm ready to play with bugs, but not ready to play with cut out mechanics after 7.5 years development.
I hope in EA content will not be limited :roll:

@NPC99 - It is highly likely that we will release the modding tools alongside the full release and not before.

@SenorZorros - In this instance we would actually encourage you to hold on to your money until you feel the game is ready for you to enjoy. The game has a lot of content, there is no doubt about that, but if you want a complete experience you should wait until launch.

@Vairly -The game will not be feature complete during EA. You should definitely wait until full release if you want to play the game in its entirety with everything it has to offer.

Great on one hand...but frickin March on the other?

Don't get me wrong making games is hard, I get it it. (Did it for 15 years before I decided to make money) M&B is a great formula, but alot of moving parts to implement.

Looking forward to EA and remember sometimes less is more...

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Quite possibly in the future, but for now, if you are interested in playing, you should go to beta.taleworlds.com and fill out the application form.

How can we make our application more personal? Like for example I am a map tester and I discovered many glitches on many maps for servers or mods and I'd like to glitch some of those bannelord maps ^^  :fruity:

Lemondude said:
Part of me would take the early access game in march but the other part of me would rather the game isn't released at all if there is a big amount of work still needing done.

Getting the full game given to you in little pieces takes away the magic of playing for the first time
My thought exactly, I'll buy, but probably hold off from playing it until finished. It will be a hard thing to do though. Maybe just the multiplayer...

Schmutz said:
Lemondude said:
Part of me would take the early access game in march but the other part of me would rather the game isn't released at all if there is a big amount of work still needing done.

Getting the full game given to you in little pieces takes away the magic of playing for the first time
My thought exactly, I'll buy, but probably hold off from playing it until finished. It will be a hard thing to do though. Maybe just the multiplayer...

Well, I think that it would be such a honest and fair act from TW if they made Features Lists by the releasing of the EA. This way, people would know what to expect in EA and what they'll just have to wait for untill full release.

Shows a little bit of respect for the customer's time & money.  :lol:

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
@Vairly -The game will not be feature complete during EA. You should definitely wait until full release if you want to play the game in its entirety with everything it has to offer.
Unfortunately, I'm a fan of your game and will even play in a piece of program code...  :ohdear: :facepalm:

Horik6697 said:
Well, I think that it would be such a honest and fair act from TW if they made Features Lists by the releasing of the EA. This way, people would know what to expect in EA and what they'll just have to wait for untill full release.

Shows a little bit of respect for the customer's time & money.  :lol:
It would be cool :roll:

Tbh I really just want to play the game in any form. Multiplayer alone I'm sure will keep me occupied for endless hours.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
So, early access isn't for 7 more months, and the game still won't be feature complete by then? Jesus H Christ... I'm not blaming you, Callum, I know you're just the messenger, but what the hell has been going on over there at TW for the past 7 years? The best explanation I can think of is that the devs have been making and remaking parts of the game time and time again, and that's why it's taken so long. The game still isn't feature complete because the devs need to finish putting everything back together again one last time, maybe squeeze in some last-minute improvements and ideas, and finish the stuff that nobody's gotten around to yet because it's been such a cluster**** up until now. It sounds like people haven't had their act together. I hope the devs learn from this before they make the next M&B game.

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
@NPC99 - It is highly likely that we will release the modding tools alongside the full release and not before.

@SenorZorros - In this instance we would actually encourage you to hold on to your money until you feel the game is ready for you to enjoy. The game has a lot of content, there is no doubt about that, but if you want a complete experience you should wait until launch.

Every thing you just said was such a ****ing disappointment. I mean a real stab in the chest. I appreciate the honesty but bloody hell what is happening with the dev team? The absolute ****ing least you can do is release modding tools so the community can get a head start on developing mods. Cause at your pace, full release could be till March 2021.

Wow. I am bummed out. I'm not even angry like I usually am. It's just a deep, deep sense of disappointment. Like what even is the point of loving this game? All you get is delay and let down. I've even been wondering, could this be because the game is being self published? If Paradox was still the publisher could they have kept TW more in line?

Well, whatever. Non feature complete EA after 10 ****ing years, with no explanation. TW is very ****ing lucky it has no real competition. Or rather, they can be this lethargic because there's no competition.

Arvenski said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
So, early access isn't for 7 more months, and the game still won't be feature complete by then? Jesus H Christ... I'm not blaming you, Callum, I know you're just the messenger, but what the hell has been going on over there at TW for the past 7 years? The best explanation I can think of is that the devs have been making and remaking parts of the game time and time again, and that's why it's taken so long. The game still isn't feature complete because the devs need to finish putting everything back together again one last time, maybe squeeze in some last-minute improvements and ideas, and finish the stuff that nobody's gotten around to yet because it's been such a cluster**** up until now. It sounds like people haven't had their act together. I hope the devs learn from this before they make the next M&B game.
Totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom