SP Medieval 1429: The Hundred Years War

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it possible to make two handed swords to have an alternative attack mode such as the Mordhau ((Murder-stroke) where the use reverse the grip to end of the blade to make the sword into a makeshift warhammer) and Halbschwert ((Half-sword) where they grip the center part of the blade making it easier to make precise stabs)
Augsburg_Cod.I.6.4%C2%BA.2_%28Codex_Wallerstein%29_107v.jpg

f8bdf7c5dbfad48a8433b0c8c20b1291.jpg

history05cols2.jpg

FantasyWarrior said:
DavidTheAssassin said:
After playing this mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9d3om3Q8LA

The same for me when i watch walking dead  before translation :wink:

Was what may be a bad idea to put it here, I did not realize that translating is not usual for english and american's people  :neutral:
we are used to translate in europe (english -> languages) because usa is a major manufacturer.

per exemple my mod is perfectly translated in spanish and russian  :neutral:

I live in Portugal, we usually sub shows and stuff which has greatly contributed to my ability to speak English fluently :grin:

What is the word on the English translation . Thanks in advance. Another question are the special quest still in French

in lorges forest the hunter asks me to find his crossbow which I can't find >>>>>> WHERE IS THAT CROSSBOW PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEE

Currently attempting to complete the Templar Treasure quest. I have been in the library and taken on the quest regarding the fresco. However, in the quest description it says the coat of arms matches that of the Lord of Rennes in Provence. Is this a mistake or mistranslation as there seems to be no way to progress along this ? second quest line. In the library am I also supposed to find a manuscript or book, as that is what is suggested in the quest descriptor? There is a forum mention that the monk in the corner should be absent sometime  at night (does the book appear then, to be stolen?) however he is always there.

Again..... now,in the spirit of the game,I have spent a long time ( too long ) searching for the crossbow in the deer forest,without success. Is it even there to be found ? This mod has some great work to enjoy,but,frustratingly,are some of these quests bugged ?

Jug of Issek said:
Again..... now,in the spirit of the game,I have spent a long time ( too long ) searching for the crossbow in the deer forest,without success. Is it even there to be found ? This mod has some great work to enjoy,but,frustratingly,are some of these quests bugged ?

I can confirm to you that the crosbow can be found, i did the quest once and also lost a lot of time serching for it. Sadly it was long ago and i dont remember any useful tips for you except that its kind of a "invisible" chest, you must walk slowly trough the forest and u will find it.

Thanks. I will have another go in the forest. Now, any Templar Treasure quest ( as above ) assistance out there ie where to next ?  I am really impressed by the originality of this mod.

Jug of Issek said:
Thanks. I will have another go in the forest. Now, any Templar Treasure quest ( as above ) assistance out there ie where to next ?  I am really impressed by the originality of this mod.
Did you ever figure out how to advance in the quest? I'm kinda stuck in the same place.  :neutral: :neutral:

I suggest you wait for this Release:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,373552.0.html
It seens we will finally have a traslation for this fantastic mod and with even more cool stuff! :party:

Laizenbh said:
I suggest you wait for this Release:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,373552.0.html
It seens we will finally have a traslation for this fantastic mod and with even more cool stuff! :party:
Oh, that looks super cool! I'll be sure to look forward to it.  :grin:

English translation is now 100% done.  :party: :party: :party:

Pick this up:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/1429-la-guerre-de-cent-ans-steel-edition/downloads/1429-steel-edition

Then download this zip, the contents of which you place into \languages.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VCRdfUM7Jl3ofqgd_cNPh3h42yZ1efPx/view?usp=sharing

If you spot errors, pm or mention in either of the threads.

If you are a native English writer, you can still help by polishing the intro texts. At the moment they clearly aren't as slick as in ACOK.
Any bigger changes will be left to the La Relance submod.

Have a nice weekend with Joan, Rebels and Templars!

Khamu will add the missing lines to the La Relance version as well, but these translations will remain slightly different. On the other hand, Steel  has the interesting sword animation, but La Relance will be the one to play since it has freelancer among others.
Perhaps the community will be inspired enough one day to add some English/Burgundian quest lines to this mod. It now has quite substantial French, Rebel, Templar and Breton themed quests.

Orleans has 2 "grand forges" ... one of them is a monastery? At least I think it is. Can't be sure because the monastery in the templar quest is given as both "in" and "near" Orleans.

All of the French lords so far are "madams" or "ladies".

Also, Despite defeating numerous lords and successfully taking a castle, Phillip absolutely insists that I haven't "taken the sword to his enemies" enough to be considered worth of being a vassal of France! :shock: Relations to France is at 25. Maybe I'm too impatient?

I've hit a dead end on the Templar quest. I have a book that gives instructions on activating the next step, but there doesn't seem to be a location that has the proper conditions.

Past that, and other translation oddities, it's AWESOME!! :mrgreen:

The lower "grand forge" leads to the Abbey of Micy, which is the Templar quest 1st step after buying the book. You need to be able to enter the library on the right. Try dawn if he says it's the wrong time and then pick the right choice (more than one). Then look at the mural and talk to the guy inside.

Vassalship requires recommendation letter. There's at least four quest givers that eventually provide one. Sang Lys (Bourges Gordaine Square), Villandrandro (Paris Sewer), Unicorn (Rebel questline starting from the Tower of the Pines) and Duke of Brittany (starts at Iron Skulls outpost). Villa is probably the fastest/easiest. Sang Lys doesn't give another mission immediately after completing the first and the Rebel quest is long. Brittany is a bit hard to figure out too at first (Siege of Quintin).

Basically Jean Pucelle = joan of arc questline will lead to one siege and rebels to another. So thematically you should become a French vassal and then go run Jean's errand. Then if you have proceeded through the rebel questline you know what the endgame is. Of course you can decide otherwise at any point...

There are few unique quests in certain towns as well. Weapons training at barracks in few towns...

magitsu said:
The lower "grand forge" leads to the Abbey of Micy, which is the Templar quest 1st step after buying the book. You need to be able to enter the library on the right. Try dawn if he says it's the wrong time and then pick the right choice (more than one). Then look at the mural and talk to the guy inside.

Vassalship requires recommendation letter. There's at least four quest givers that eventually provide one. Sang Lys (Bourges Gordaine Square), Villandrandro (Paris Sewer), Unicorn (Rebel questline starting from the Tower of the Pines) and Duke of Brittany (starts at Iron Skulls outpost). Villa is probably the fastest/easiest. Sang Lys doesn't give another mission immediately after completing the first and the Rebel quest is long. Brittany is a bit hard to figure out too at first (Siege of Quintin).

Basically Jean Pucelle = joan of arc questline will lead to one siege and rebels to another. So thematically you should become a French vassal and then go run Jean's errand. Then if you have proceeded through the rebel questline you know what the endgame is. Of course you can decide otherwise at any point...

There are few unique quests in certain towns as well. Weapons training at barracks in few towns...

Thank you so much for the pointer about the letters of recommendation. So much questing goodness to look forward to! :mrgreen:

I managed to find the secret book, but I can't seem to find the proper place to trigger the next step. Based on the contents of the book, I thought it was the Monastery again, but ... the scribe has a cold, and no "handholds" in evidence. (Trying not to be too spoilerist here. :wink:) Could be a subtlety lost in translation. :???:

Back
Top Bottom