Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

1) How come it seems like nobody is recruiting from my kingdom's culture? Do I need to manually tell every lord to do so and get a relations penalty? If I did this would it get rid of their household troops?

2) Why do the Eltinor armies also use Perisno troops? Is there lore to this?

3) How do I get my marshals to actually siege a castle? They never do so and only the enemy tries to siege my castles

peenerz said:
1) How come it seems like nobody is recruiting from my kingdom's culture? Do I need to manually tell every lord to do so and get a relations penalty? If I did this would it get rid of their household troops?

2) Why do the Eltinor armies also use Perisno troops? Is there lore to this?

3) How do I get my marshals to actually siege a castle? They never do so and only the enemy tries to siege my castles

I can help you with this!

1) yes, most lords have their own culture and household troops - if you tell them to recruit otherwise, they will lose their household (special) troops!

2) they don't, they probably have them captured from your patrols, caravans, Aroulo area

3) Appoint a 'martial' marshal. This sound funny, but those with 'martial' or 'cunning' personality are much more likely to go for castles/towns instead of villages and fights

peenerz said:
2) they don't, they probably have them captured from your patrols, caravans, Aroulo area

That's not quite true - Raunaeril, one of the Elintor Dukes, actually fields a full army of Perisno troops (and just Perisno troops), with a heavy emphasis on Ranger Knights. I know this because I've actually fought his army before, and he's now one of my own lords.

Strange, I know. Raunaeril himself also wears the same plate armour that Perisno champions wear, so instead of some kind of mistake I think it was a deliberate choice by the developers.

-

I recommend NOT forcing your allied lords to adopt your culture. They'll lose the elite units that make so many of them surprisingly tricky opponents (I'm still traumatised by Berlaeduil and his Moon Knight death squad), and instead they'll just be generic lords with generic units.

Ah, Raunaeril. What a strange lord he was. In my game, he joined Drahara and got Draharan troops and after he switched to my culture, he stuck with Draharan units. I just told him to get some Freelancers.

Talinoth said:
That's not quite true - Raunaeril, one of the Elintor Dukes, actually fields a full army of Perisno troops (and just Perisno troops), with a heavy emphasis on Ranger Knights. I know this because I've actually fought his army before, and he's now one of my own lords.
Raunaeril has no emphasis.
Naraglad uses Ranger Knights as household troops.
They're kind of downshifters.  :smile:
Plus Bregedon hires Perisno Champions as his bodyguards.

Sajuuk333 said:
Ah, Raunaeril. What a strange lord he was. In my game, he joined Drahara and got Draharan troops and after he switched to my culture, he stuck with Draharan units. I just told him to get some Freelancers.
:shock:
In my game he also switched multiple factions but he still trains Perisno troops.

So it seems that Raunaeril trains troops of a random faction each game? Spooky, never heard of that before.

... Either that or some weird occult shenanigans occurred and he decided he was a born-again Draharan that one time only.

-

I've got two questions of my own to ask;

What are the exact differences between normal mode and Hard mode in Perisno? I'm successful in normal mode, a bit too successful, with 6 towns at Day 306 and 18 lords, and I've already beaten the Elves. As long as the Falcons don't screw me, I should be in position to win by day 500, 600 at the latest.

Will Hard Mode make the enemy lords/marshals a bit gutsier, increase the size of enemy armies, and most importantly, give the Zann a larger bank account so they don't run out of money for their Spearhead parties? They ran out of steam and now they're being hamstrung and utterly defeated. I see Emperor Zann getting defeated and managing to escape every week.

-

Speaking of the Zann, they were the best thing to happen to me, attacking Elven cities that I was in position to defend, letting me score roughly 2000 kills personally from all the sieges (I actually went from level 27 to 38 in one week of game time, that was one brutal week...), but if they had've kept it up for longer *everyone* including me would have been in serious trouble because I was running out of archers and I only barely managed to save the Elven fiefs.

As it stands, they just gave me heaps of kills and loot, helped me get my Archery proficiency over 400 in no time at all, didn't declare war on me when I split from the Elintor (effectively allies for free), and just put pressure on every other faction long enough for me to kickstart my own Kingdom - like their real mission was to provide a distraction so the Kingdom of Perisno could arise.

Literally tens of thousands of brave Zann men have died, and now they've lost Arendal and Reichberg on the northeastern shores, crushed by a powerful Reich campaign. I earlier stole Leuven from them before I rebelled, and now they only have Forde and - all the way in the south-east - Amarna, which is soon to be lost permanently to the Falcons. I've never even defeated any of the Horde parties - the Zann should be fighting at full numbers but they're just out of steam.

So soon all they'll have left is Forde and two former Tolranian castles in the northwest. That's all that remains of the largest invasion force Perisno has ever seen - a failed campaign that ran out of cash too soon. All they have succeeded in doing is helping me create a united Perisno. The land doesn't even need the Jin Dynasty to clean up the pieces - the Zann will soon be gone before the Second Expedition even arrives.

And I don't have to lift a finger now. I'll just watch them die while I inherit the Empire.

Raunaeril and Naraglad are supposed to always train Perisno troops.
That switch to Draharan troops was some weird bug.

Yeah, hard mode = slightly more money for lords, slightly less money for you and so on.

So i have a quest to kill Gunnarr but i can't seem to find him anywhere, the wiki page says he should be close to bebbanburg but i circled it around and around and he is not there

Where is he? and does anyone else have this issue? could the fact that i own that town affected his spawn location?

How can I effectively set my archers up when I'm defending a castle or a walled town. I want to set my archers up on the parts of the wall where they can fire down on the invading Force. Is there a way to break my arches up into groups and say group a stay here Group B go over there. I would like to split my group of lets say 40 archers into 2 groups one for each side of the wall. My final question how do you guys defend your castles and what are some tips of troops i should place in there. Thanks sorry for the huge post. :oops:

Personally, I prefer to use castle yard trap tactics.
Old screenshot from PoP:
h-90.jpg

If you have more than 1 stack of archers, you can temporarily (or not) reassign some of them to a different group before the battle.

Sooooo is there nothing I can do to finish the Illica Falki line if Gunnar just isn't there? No file I can change to make it completed? Don't mean to spam just wanted to make sure this one last time.

Leonion said:
He spawns around Voldeberg.
I used the reveal all cheat (Crt+T) he is not in the map

ruledarkman said:
Sooooo is there nothing I can do to finish the Illica Falki line if Gunnar just isn't there? No file I can change to make it completed? Don't mean to spam just wanted to make sure this one last time.
I feel ya man! i am missing -4 with them, that quest would make them neutral with me :/

Sleeeves said:
noaheaven said:
hello guys, anyone knows is lord personality with self–righteous is good or bad ? i google it its like he have strong believe but i dont know its good or bad.
It's bad. A self-righteous lord will be very self centered.

thanks man i got time played again and kicked 2 of my vassal with that atrribute!.

and anyone know if i can add more music to this great mod ? will it crash or make it unstable ?

also anyone have got quest from guild master that need to kill 3 party robber. i managed kill 2 but by mistake my patrol kill other one. and i cant finnish the quest. and i got minus relationship with that
city? can u finnish it ?

Leonion this one is funny man  :grin:
OMHFG X IS SO OP WHAT CAN I DO FAQ:
Q: OMHFG, PEOPLE OF VALAHIR ARE SO OP, HOW CAN I POSSIBLY FIGHT THEM
And there are lords such as Gereon or Oskar who eat people of Valahir for breakfast

Hello there.

I'm stuck in 1 quest in particular: Find the Red inmortal, defeat them and loot them.

To do so, I have to find the ''Center of Learning'' which is suposed to be a Tolranian Town (or this says the quest). I talk to guild masters, barmans, townsman, looking inside the castle to see if any1 is there, but nothing...

I want to see those fancy Red Inmortals but I can't find that city :sad:

Mark it as spoiler if anoy1 don't want to see it please if someone knows it!!!

Will the perisno champions ever get the helmet that they wear in the main menu? I think those look really cool, also the armor and helmet that the cavalry wears in the other screen

How is the dodging supposed to work? What I remember from 0.7, it should allow characters with high AGI to sometimes not be hit when they should be. So I turned it on and imported a character with max AGI to test it out, enlisted myself as a freelancer to get into big battles soon, but so far I haven't noticed any change. I lose hitpoints everytime i get hit.

Back
Top Bottom