need invisible head & feet for full body meshes

Users who are viewing this thread

emw98

Recruit
I have full body meshes for a bunch of characters ported from other games, and the meshes include their head and feet. I decided to make an invisible mesh for a helmet and boots, but the npc's don't seem to like to wear the helmets and boots (which should turn their heads and feet invisible) or the helmets and boots arent working. Sometimes it works in battle, but it never works in dialouge. How can I make the npc's heads and feet invisible so that the full body mesh is all that can be seen in dialogue. I use morghs editor for reference, and would prefer not to us Python. Thanks for your time

1) Visit the Q&A thread for quick questions, instead of creating a new one

2) you don't need a invisible mesh with the 3D object, just a empty mesh.

then use the item flags to override the head/etc. This is a example from VC:
Code:
["sarranid_horseman_helmet", "No head", [("empty",0)], itp_type_head_armor|itp_fit_to_head|itp_covers_head   ,0,
 180 , weight(2)|abundance(100)|head_armor(15)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(0)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_plate ],

note the use of the mesh "empty", and the flags "itp_type_head_armor|itp_fit_to_head|itp_covers_head". You can apply those with .txt files, and possible Morgh's as well (if you don't want to use the modsys)

if in doubt you can see how VC created the empty mesh by checking their BRF

I really appreciate your help, however it doesn't seem to have worked. I've taken the models from Romance of the Three Kingdoms and am attempting to place them in Gekokujo, but even after making all of the meshes empty, applying proper flags and starting a new game i'm still stumped as the two heads still clip and don't work. does writing 'empty' in Morghs work? Or will I have to use a text editor for that bit?

I've realized that when the character is 100% naked they have no head or legs while using the invisible head and leg pieces. I just can't figure out why they won't work with the body armor in place?

Back
Top Bottom