{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

Users who are viewing this thread

HTAPAWASO said:
DruidWu said:
Not much has changed since page 125. I used to play Warband alot back then as well. This topic was created in what March 2011. Theres 10 comments per page roughly. So that equals 10 posts per month on average.

I think your math is a little off there bud...

always is  :grin:

Papa Lazarou said:
yedrellow said:
Really though, the sooner that warband as it is dies in Australia, the better. Right now, the only people playing are the 3rd tier and below players who aren't really at the point where they can realise that the entire concept of melee in warband suffers from severe fundamental flaws that impose a skill ceiling much lower than what most players would think.
Better for whom? The handful of players who reached the ceiling?

It would be better for everyone.

At the moment, the difference between tier 1 and tier 2 players in 1v1 is 0 due to the limitations of the game; for example, in a 1v1, there'd be no real difference between a tier 1 player like rhade, thorn and toad and a player like me. These limitations mean that you can put a lot of effort in to becoming better, for very little benefit. If the skill ceiling was higher, then skill progression would be closer to linear as opposed to asymptotic for the majority of the player base. That means that innovation will come back in to the game, as people would have a lot more head room.

The upper asymptote of the skill curve affects everyone who plays this game, not just tier 1/2 players. With no room for innovation, no room for skill improvements and an easily achievable method of 'optimal play', apathy leads to the situation we have at the moment. Quake 3 arena or starcraft brood war never had this problem of apathy, simply because the skill ceiling was clearly higher than any human could possibly reach. That's what we should be aiming for in warband, so that 'human' players will never hit such a ceiling.

How do you know Thorn and Toad are tier 1 if there's no difference between tiers 1 and 2?

Interesting idea though. Not sure how much it really effects the average player, but still.

Papa Lazarou said:
How do you know Thorn and Toad are tier 1 if there's no difference between tiers 1 and 2?

Interesting idea though. Not sure how much it really effects the average player, but still.

Differences in tier 1/2 are non-existent in simple play (read: 1v1), there are however differences evident in more complicated play. This is most evident in group fighting and scrimming.

Don't see a problem. You'll just see **** players getting good scores for a few weeks. Oh and a billion archers.

Man, there's been one hell of a deathmatch trend these past few days. I hope battle starts getting somewhat active again. Mindless killing gets boring real fast.

more **** i found on my old hd

7MYaN.png

E2n6V.jpg

YDzAv.png

Zi3ik.png

Back
Top Bottom