Warband in Linux

Users who are viewing this thread

everything works fine for me. only a small texture glitch. all faces and some other textures are usually black for me.

changing the shader option can turn all non-terrain textures black, and all text, also in menues, disappears. toggling the shader option again will return text and textures. the toggle seems to cause it, the bug can happen for me with all settings, high, low, medium.

sdog: you say that a bug happens where all text disappears, which sounds like the font bug; then you say toggling the shader option returns them - how do you find the setting to change with the invisible text? I tried it out in game by playing until the font bug happened, and then going into the options and changing the shader quality option by guessing where the menu items would be: changing that didn't seem to work for me, however I clicked the HDR option by mistake a few times and that returned all the fonts to normal; unfortunately after going back to the game the font went invisible again very soon afterwards when I clicked something to open a new window or display something, both of the times I tested.

So it seems the font bug might be somehow to do with HDR? I've always had it turned off anyway, since it causes glitches.

From winehq entry about warband:
sound problem
by ilya on Sunday April 4th 2010, 5:30
some handwork need:
"mmdevapi" should be set to "disabled" under "Libraries" tab in "Wine
configuration"
and after that sound works

see
[Bug 21248] No sound in multiple applications, needs mmdevap…

After disabling this library I can use pulse audio and alsa as sound system (set the audio option in rgl_config.txt to 0)
Almost no more sound hickups for me and other applications can continue to use the soundcard while playing warband.

with MBW version 1.105  and wine 1.1.42 everything works fine for me now. Texture glitches are gone now, even with dx9 setting and shaders, shadows and hdr maxed.

sdog said:
with MBW version 1.105  and wine 1.1.42 everything works fine for me now. Texture glitches are gone now, even with dx9 setting and shaders, shadows and hdr maxed.

Same for me, but I also have to uncheck "Load textures on demand". (HDR still generates some weird colors sometimes, so I turned it off)
I've seen black floor textures in some scenes with custom battle option.

I cannot get the Mouse_Fix to work and the game is running very sluggish but I don't doubt it's because I"m running it off of an SD card.

Ebin said:
I cannot get the Mouse_Fix to work and the game is running very sluggish but I don't doubt it's because I"m running it off of an SD card.

You did what was told and copied hacked dinput.dll.so, made the script and launched it with that script?

If the wine for some reason uses some other directory for those (not sure does it do in any default system), command the computer to "sudo find / -iname dinput.dll.so" and you should get right location for the file.

No other ideas at the moment.

I have a problem.i've istalled the game and it seems to work but when i approach to play the image become irregular and not fluid.. suggestions?  sorry for my bad english

Longbowmark said:
I have a problem.i've istalled the game and it seems to work but when i approach to play the image become irregular and not fluid.. suggestions?  sorry for my bad english

Try setting different screen resolution. For me some of them don't work and I had similar bug. You probably know but - open game -> configuration -> resolution. Hope this help.

with wine 1.1.43 sound doesn't work for me anymore in warband 1.113.
with 1.1.42 sound worked flawlessly.

EDIT:

this entry in wine appdb helped me.

sound problem
by ilya on Sunday April 4th 2010, 5:30
some handwork need:
"mmdevapi" should be set to "disabled" under "Libraries" tab in "Wine
configuration"
and after that sound works

see
[Bug 21248] No sound in multiple applications, needs mmdevap…

I updated to ubuntu 10.4 yesterday. I can't play warband any more. Texture bug seems to be fixed but game is unplayable. It starts fine. Taleworlds/Paradox start-up animation plays on full screen mode but loading screen and game itself cannot.

1. Gnome panel is still visible, positioning cursor to top of the screen (where my gnome panel is) makes mouse exit warband area.
2. Mouse fix doesn't work any more.
3. Game runs like everything in it is few times slower. Even sounds play somehow slower. Like they were chopped into small pieces and prolonged just like during stuttering.

:mad:

Odd. I recently upgraded to 10.04, and I can now run Warband flawlessly, whereas on 9.10 I had minor texture and sound problems. Am running wine-1.1.43-249-g033bb8a compiled manually with a mouse-warp patch applied.

Texture problems seem to be fixed yeah. I'll try to compile newest wine with mousefix. Thanks for the reply.

Edit:
I couldn't compile because of lack of some libraries needed for 64-bit system.
But: in winecfg I disabled all options under graphics and full screen mode works fine now. It seems it was causing mouse fix not to work because this fixed mouse too (using mousefix).
Unfortunately: performance is still a big sad tragedy. It seems like my computer now needs to breathe and stops working while breathing in (only in warband).
So: game is still unplayable for me until I buy new computer with windows (I want to buy it anyway, that's why I don't install windows now).

I had to change this line:

mpg123_feedseek(aad->mh, 0, SEEK_SET, NULL);

To this line:

mpg123_feedseek_64(aad->mh, 0, SEEK_SET, NULL);

In <wine src folder>/dlls/winemp3.acm/mpegl3.c

After that it would compile.

Can't say much about your performance problems as I do not have any idea what could be the cause.

For me the game runs best with directx7, much higher frame rate and less crashes.

With directx9 setting the game seems to crash sometimes when loading new maps (during multiplayer map switching, starting a custom match or entering a new scene in singleplayer)

With directx7 I've only had the game crash in singleplayer, in battles just after reinforcements or more enemies message is shown. Although I have the feeling this is no Wine bug as it seems to happen a lot at sieges (troops spawning on cramped walls) and a lot less on open terrain maps (messing around with the amount of troops per battle also seems to influence the crash frequency)

Also on Ubuntu 10.04 which caused no new problems for me. Only after any Wine update I need to copy the mouse warp fixed dinput.dll.so again.

I am suffering from: err:d3d:resource_init Out of adapter memory
I can start game, sound is working, i can connect to server. But then when players appears, game crashes. Usin ubuntu 10.04, wine 1.1.42. No visual effects on use.
Any fix to this?
Graphic card is nvidia gf 9700m gt. 512mb memory. http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-9700M-GT.9454.0.html
Edit: directx 7 works. But fps goes to 4-12 with short intervals. When not lagging fps is 40-100.

are you using closed source NVIDIA drivers or the new open source driver nouveau? since 10.4 this new reverse engineered nvidia driver is included, and i think set as default when upgrading from 9.10.

Back
Top Bottom