Autoloot

Users who are viewing this thread

Ins

Recruit
This has probably been mentioned somewhere before, but what this mod really needs is an autoloot function. This would make it so much more perfect.
(on a sidenote I personally think arrows do too much damage, but I guess that has a realism purpose..)
Please consider adding this, it would be appreciated.

sigh...
DoubleFacePalm.jpg

By that, i mean ADD IT YOUR FREAKING SELF IF YOU NEED IT THAT DAMN BADLY.

Please can someone explain shortly the way to go to install Fisheye's Autoloot in this great mod ?  :grin:

Is there a way? Don't we need the mod's source code to do that?
I also would like to have the autoloot feature, it gets difficult to manage the inventory of like 10 heroes remembering their weapon sets, their actual weapons and their stats to see if they can use a particular new weapon =P.

I thought I'd guessed rightly what this autoloot is (err.... maybe like automatically taking the highest priced items of both your and the enemy's inventory?), but all that jazz got to do with hero inventories threw that off balance

tell us first, what the hell is it and do all of you guys talking about it mean the same thing?

^ Yes, that's the one. I've only seen it in other mods so far, and it was such a relief not to have to manage your captains inventory everytime.

Evilknightz: wow, what a dumbass. If you have nothing constructive to post then get the f*ck out. Only thing you're doing is keeping this mod from it's max. potential.

Sorry for  this stupid question, but how do i install the Auto loot into EGIII? Does replacing the files will mess up anything? Or do i have to do copy and paste code? can someone gimme a link of Instruction?

yes, im also wondering why the autoloot function is not included.
evilknights comment was unconstructive, to say the least.
i dont know much about scripting or the like. so without a guide how to install it myself, i wont be able to figure it out.

if there is an allegedly good reason not to have the very helpful autoloot function, just tell us.

constructively, if possible. otherwise dont bother.

Some people are thick...
Also, nice necro.

EG III has the source code included. Rubik's take on fisheye's autoloot minimod naturally comes with the source included. Get it here.
Learn how to use .py files by having a look in the corresponding sections of the forum and no, I'm not going to link you, use your own brain.

Now open the files you got with the autoloot minimod and copy over the hopefully marked parts that were changed/added into the EG III source and compile. If you get errors, ask in the forge*. If not, you're set.

Note that I assume that you know what to do after compiling it. As above, learn it in the corresponding sections of the forum. They're there for a reason :razz:

Was this helpful? Not very much, no. Were all the steps obvious and is it possible to learn this by yourself without asking? Absolutely.

*include what you've done, what mod(s) you're talking about, that it is M&B and not Warband, best provide a screenshot of the errors and don't name the thread Problem or IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!! or something equally retarded.

wow, this is a most uncommon and very interesting mixture of insults and constructive instructions, including some daring assumptions.
yes, i did mean constructive.
and the rest too.
i guess ill have to life with it.
could have been worse.
:shock:

yours,

the thick one

I had just awoken and found the fridge to be bereft of (eadable) food. Bear with me.

To be more precise:
It does not require a genius to learn how to use pre-made code. Assuming rubik/fisheye did mark the code properly but I'm pretty sure they did. You can learn all you need by reading some pretty basic tutorials and so on. You can find all the knowledge you ever need for this and more in the forge.
Just try it. The feeling of "I did this myself (more or less)!" is well worth the minimal effort it requires :wink:

It's just a matter of careful copy/paste.

okay :smile:

sorry about my posts, too -- i tend to be somewhat sarcastic or confrontative and so on, on occasion  :???:
oh, and (self-)rightious. definately that.

thx for the more detailed instructions; i might give it a try, since i really hate micromanaging my companions.

again, sorry.

oh, and nice necro means digging this old thread up?
um, i admit i sure did that.

Back
Top Bottom