C4 Suggestion & Resumal Thread! No progression/nothing happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

It's entirely possible to make hand rockets by making them thrown with the hand cannon's AOE effect code and making their animation be the "shoot musket" one, but the rocket isn't used as the projectile (there isn't one at all) and the AOE is really large. Rate of fire is mediocre with 80 speed.

Three of them actually got killed by some Nirdams and some Besiegers. So that makes 34 dead from rockets. Most from AOE but one got a rocket in the face. Remember, I gave the rocket 1 accuracy. Must be because I used a cheated character with good musket and thrown skill then.

So is Gunther-Piedmont going to rebel against the Lion Throne or something? Which would be an interesting turn of events.

Well, GP would be sort of a mixture of IS, Lowlands and Highlands.

Not-so-civilized tribes fielding gunners, footsoldiers with improvised weaponry (such as falchions and medieval swords) and mounted gunmen. More or less like the Early Rhodoks (when they still had scale armors and looked savage indeed), with an irish feeling.

Venitius said:
YAAAY AN EXCUSE TO BLOW UP THE AURORA CANNON!!!

That wouldn't really work, cus' that would conflict with my Over the Great Bloodfalls lore. Really, I was kind of expecting the next version to be focused on the events that led to the exploration over the Bloodfalls. Maybe after Vienna falls, or something.

What's this Gunther-Piedmont rebelling? Preposterous, for the first part they were original vassals of the LT, like Ellis they offered themselves as protectorate for the greater good of Filaharnism. I have this idea in my head that could be a lore but was too lazy to create: they were the original nation to employ widespread use of firearms (17th century style). It is from them that military strategists of the Swadia Ulterior got the idea of creating a new model army. It is a "known" fact that the Statesmen and Gunther-Boys are bitter rivals ever since they came across each other. Although GP generals accept the fact that the IS have further developed their tactics, and are much better than the Gunther-Piedmont firing line.
Gunther-Piedmont - originators
Imperial State - improved with the doctrine of overwhelming firepower
Ormeli Jannisary Corps - not of wide scale to be considered national identity.

wow, i sense the friction and the tense aura.
WHO?,WHO will be The Ultimate Winner of this Debate to Design the Future of G-P?

Stay tuned for the next episode of Dragon Ball Z..

What do you think about this castle style for Swadia? (Eltz castle)

752930123_710e3521f7.jpg

After seeing so much suggestions of each city having its own unique troops I figured it could also go for the Swadians... I mean when and if Nikephoros and D'Sparil decides that in the next version, the inevitable happens: The Mad Emperor dies and the Holy Swadian Empire officially ceases to be holy and imperial.

I recalled D quoting that at the beginning of C2, the Holy Swadian Empire, despite its recent victories, it is on the path to darkness and doom. So The Mad Emperor finally kills himself, I'll miss him :cry:. The four great Swadian cities however refuse to go, despite decay and corruption. Each of them have become semi-independent states, turning into a confederation.
Each city would have developed its own unique troop types.

Of course they would still have their precious Knights, but constant warfare has reduced their numbers, only the strongest survive. Their chargers are more powerful (with a charge of 30), and the riders would have ironskin (they initially have 0 in the game). Of course, they would however cost a lot.

Nuln, err Ulm has always specialized in gunpowder weapons, they own the most productive gun factories throughout the empire, and even throughout Calradia (the IS produce the same amount of weapons but their production facilities are spread out throughout their three cities, while the majority of Gun smiths of the HSE are centered on Ulm). Thus they would have developed Gunpowder infantry aside from their Mounted Arquebusiers. Add also Cannoneers.

Zollern probably has the greatest armor and weapon smiths in the empire. Their Great Armors of Zollern remain as regional, but the lord of the town has seen it fit to actually extend armor production to the town watch and infantry. Thus they'll have the armored town watchman, not that skillful, but hey he's armored than most. They'll later upgrade into armored swordsmen reminiscent to that of the mercenary swordsmen.

Marienburg has always been the richest of the four cities because of their access to the Silk roads to the south. Unlike most of the Swadian Cities, Marienburg shines in splendor. The Rich and Middle Class districts extravagant, and the poor district itself not doing too bad (you might even mistake it for a middle district). Their troops are what Corvid and I have probably dreamed similarly: spiffy and stylish. Why not add the powerful Marienburg Landsknechts who wear more stylish clothes as well as having longer pikes. Also, they have also dedicated mercenary quarters in the city, thus you could actually hire mercenary infantry and halberdiers as well as watchman (the difference being that they take less wages than normal mercenaries)

Vienna used to be the epitome of chivalry back then, but thanks to the Mad Emperor who toyed around and made a mockery out of its knighthood, and his death, Vienna is stuck with corruption and melancholic grimness. The Chapter Headquarters of the Knights of Swadia is situated at the city center beside the Imperial Palace. Now with the Emperor gone, they hold political power throughout Vienna. The dark days and decline of HSE however destroyed its penchant for chivalry. It still however boasts the most prestigious Heavy Cavalry school, thus producing mighty knights.  Here you could hire Swadian Knights of the Order. Powerful, costly, and ruthless (well most of them, some still cling to chivalry; good for them). Crime is also frequent in Vienna, despite having the center of the Calradian Church located here. Prisons swell up as Border Reviers and War Peasants bring home extra slaves and prisoners. The solution: give them armor, give them a zweihander and point them at the enemy. The Forlorn Hope was born they would have very high athletics and cannot form up into ranks for their purpose is to be cannon fodder and distractions.

I wonder who would rule in Swadia now... who ever he is I hope he's neurotic.

I do hope that all those cities have a greatly expanded dark side, no faction is complete without it.

What we could have, is after the emperor dies, it goes all real-world HRE conflicts with the various electors (the lords/margrafs/cows of the cities) AND The Kaiser battling up to form the HSE and become Emperor. Then all the other non-represented factions of the HRE can pop up and there's a massive brawl involving intricate alliances etc.

Back
Top Bottom