C4 Suggestion & Resumal Thread! No progression/nothing happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Nikephoros

Section Moderator
farnsworth.jpg

Please note that there is absolutely nothing happening and contributing ideas is a waste of time. Thank you. - Venitius

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

A forum for the development of C4 opened at THIS address! Come in numbers! It's basically dead place; no-one goes there anymore. Stay here. - Venitius

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, another "thanks" to D'Sparil. I rarely saw something so capable of catching people's immagination WITHOUT velociraptors.

Now, this thread is just to make suggestions, to be discussed elsewhere, and to "gather" all the resulting stuff.

So, without further ado, here's a temporary list of factions:

Known Factions:

1. Holy Swadian Empire
2. Tsardom of Vaegirs
3. Laurian Kingdom (mainland & colonies)
4. Imperial State
5. Ormeli Empire
6. Lion Throne (more or less all of it)
7. The Haelmar Union (mainland & colonies)
8. The Grand Duchy

Faction from SfB:

9. Duchy of Livania
10. Eridanian Republic
11. Free cities of Fanum and Brixia (what's left of the Brixian League)

Completely new factions

12. Kingdom of Murond
13. The Highland Clans
14. Khergit Khanate
15. Republic of New Zendar
16. Sarranid Empire

Forgot anything?

Factions in red are being "studied" right now, factions in green are the same old lads we are used to.
[/quote]

I would like to see that the Khergits have evolved a bit and taken on more renaissance influences.
Instead of being the early mongol horde they could have evolved more towards what they became in India.

The Highlands are just now being discussed in another thread as well.

Visually the clothes and armor would be somewhere in between native khergits and teatrc Vaegeir.
Baggypant and short robes, conical helmets. Overall strong colors, blue, green and yellow.

Even mix of Cavalry and footsoldiers
Handweapons are mainly Tulwar or that birdsbeak axe (cant remember name)
Square metal shields.
All footsoldiers could use the Indian chakram... The smaller finger kind not the Xena one =).

Preference for shorter composite bows for greater mobility but has access to "specialized" firearms in towns with the repeaterrifles and perhaps even handcannons.

Mainly light and very fast cavalry to give all Hussars and heavy knights trouble.

Overall slightly heavier than "light" troops but still not movement impaired and those not specified for a distinc purpose should lean much towards skirmishing more than line fighting.
Much like the Clans being discussed elsewhere they should be a fast moving force with a heavy punch but not much staying power.

Venitius said:
If we do implement Arty (save us from the IS, Haelmar and LT), Khergs could get ehmn, rockets?
Yes! Nearly getting a hard on just thinking of it....  :shock:

Phsssoh! ---------------------------------------------------------------------  Booom!!!
Phsssoh! ---------------------------------------------------------------  Booom!!!
Phsssoh! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------  Booom!!!
Phsssoh! ---------------------------------------------------------------  Booom!!!
Phsssoh! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Booom!!!
Phsssoh! -----------------------------------------------------------  Booom!!!

You could make these Rockets just a wooden pole with a small rocket attached

As for stats 1 Accuracy 90 damage and small AoE

That would be the Lazy man way but hey it would work... I think.

Is it possible to give particle effects to projectiles? That way the rockets would be more visible with the plume of fire and smoke following it. And making a hell of a noise and a spectacle.

If YOU script it, it's possible.

But still, for now i'd rather stick on feasible stuff.

Moghuls = Good.
Rockets = Bad.

(still, it's a cool idea).

Another thing that CAN be done (and i want to try it, dammit), it's destroyable props.
There are already in warband, but i think that expand it to, for example castle gates, or wooden premises, to be taken out with a hand cannon, would be just great.
I mean, the cannons are there for a reason.

What do you think?

Since you plan to let the Khergits advance, it's needed to add some mercenary troops for them in the form of Long Guo subjected peoples with higher technology who will also build siege weapons for them. And perhaps the odd throwable stone-age explosive grenade

What about G-P? Seeing as we've planned 3 major firearm factions already, not including G-P, what do we have left to make them unique?

G-P???
What is that?

Still, as i said, let's keep our feet upon the ground, for now, and let's plan some normal-but-cool factions. I mean, we don't have the module system yet.
We don't even have WARBAND yet.

I suggest Rejenorst's  "Higlander charge" as main music theme for The Clans : http://www.rejenorst.com/music/music.html
"Celtic freedom" would also be a nice addition

Back
Top Bottom