I dont understand this genre at all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilknightz

Grandmaster Knight
This isnt trolling or hate mail, I've played Age of blackpowder for a few hours once but I do not understand why people keep making 18th century mods.

1:The whole idea of musket warfare is stupid if you cant have your troops shoot in volley after volley which isnt possible in M&B.

2: The gamplay is usualy the same for each one with no variations in the units other than nationality and extremely minor stat differences.

The 18th century simply doesnt work with M&B, Especially when the AI loves you charge you instead of lining up and shooting...

1: You havent play The Eagle and the Radiant Cross, have you?.
2: From that point of view you could say there is not much gameplay difference playing Prophesy of Pendor from playing Native.

And before you say a 18th century mod wont work in M&B, wait for The Penninsular War to be released.

Articulo34 said:
2: From that point of view you could say there is not much gameplay difference playing Prophesy of Pendor from playing Native.

And before you say a 18th century mod wont work in M&B, wait for The Penninsular War to be released.
Never played PoP the download likes to corrupt on me every single time.

1: I tried but i couldnt get into it so not much

1. What's wrong with volley fire? It's effective enough.

2. You haven't tried my addon yet? Different stats, different troop types, different weapons, different combat styles...

3. It's an alpha, no AI formations etc.

Evilknightz said:
Articulo34 said:

Never played PoP the download likes to corrupt on me every single time.

1: I tried but i couldnt get into it so not much
There is one faction in TEatRC that is 100% firearms based, the Imperial State. And with a little bit of tactics by your part its possible to beat anyone with very little casualities. There is also another faction, Haelmar Union, that´s almost firearms based (they have pikeman), and its quite possible to do it right with them too.

Truth be told, i only play those factions, and i barely lose any battle.

EDIT: The regular line formation M&B has works quite well with firearms.
Not many armies can hold against something like this for long.
ispower.jpg

I mean volleys, They get out of sync like insanely so that they fire one after the other and not one boom and 20 dead which is MUCH more entertaining

Yep, once the accuracy is fixed, battles will be more realistic. And yes, volley fire is entertaining, but back in the days, it wasn't always as "clean" as you can see in certain movies.

JDeNef13

I haven't tried this but there is "fire" and "hold your fire commands". Would these help volley?

Queen Pinky said:
I haven't tried this but there is "fire" and "hold your fire commands". Would these help volley?
The first time, more or less yes. But after that if you use "hold your fire" they wont reload, and if you press "fire" again they will reload and fire as soon as they track a target, some will be faster than others breaking the volley.

Articulo34 said:
Queen Pinky said:
The first time, more or less yes. But after that if you use "hold your fire" they wont reload, and if you press "fire" again they will reload and fire as soon as they track a target, some will be faster than others breaking the volley.
Actually, having the same class of men helps (same rank = same équipement). Make a line of infantry (all on the same class) - hold fire until the enemy is about 50 mètres away and then fire at will - that roughly allows you 2 to 3 near perfect volleys before bayonet charging.
Very effective  :twisted:
Evilknightz said:
I mean volleys, They get out of sync like insanely so that they fire one after the other and not one boom and 20 dead which is MUCH more entertaining
You may not get 20 in the first volley but you get at least a dozen or so, depending on the size of the opposing force, but on the second you your chances  :twisted:

Anyway great mod  :grin:

*bump in*

EvilKnightz, you seem to be a moron to be honest. You play my mod, then you jump straight in here, with arguements thrown towards the generality.
Here's the thing. If you want someone to change it, then there is to options: Do it yourself or go and yabber somewhere else.
Or mabye, are you just doing this cause you want to nagg for some reason. Then there is only one option for you. Go away! You seem to have no proper reason to create such a topic.

Now when this is said must I add an answer to one of your questions. We do these mods cause we like them. End of story.

bjorne. said:
*bump in*

EvilKnightz, you seem to be a moron to be honest. You play my mod, then you jump straight in here, with arguements thrown towards the generality.
Here's the thing. If you want someone to change it, then there is to options: Do it yourself or go and yabber somewhere else.
Or mabye, are you just doing this cause you want to nagg for some reason. Then there is only one option for you. Go away! You seem to have no proper reason to create such a topic.

Now when this is said must I add an answer to one of your questions. We do these mods cause we like them. End of story.

Hohoho! I'm neither trolling nor telling anyone to fix it, im just voicing my opinion that M&B isnt the best game for this style of warfare.

bjorne he wasn't trying to insult your mod or anything he was just stating that all 18th century MnB mods are basically the same - extremely fast arrows shooting from crossbows which look like guns. I don't want to look like a troll either it's just one of those things that all people know but few say.

1. They aren't actually arrows, they're an item named "cartridges".
2. Same goes here, it isn't a crossbow, but a musket.
3. Not every troop uses firearms, so there's some skill in it.

Venitius said:
1. They aren't actually arrows, they're an item named "cartridges".
2. Same goes here, it isn't a crossbow, but a musket.
3. Not every troop uses firearms, so there's some skill in it.

I don't think people make guns from scratch in most mods, they just change the crossbows model and edit the speeds. So basically they are "edited crossbows"

Actually, there are animation for muskets and a type of item named "musket" that uses the "firearm" proficiency so it is not similar to crossbows in that way.

But when they were being developed, were they made from scratch or was the code copied from Xbows and edited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom