This is a download issue. I cant find the thread for it, sorry for inconvenience

Users who are viewing this thread

wiensmasta

Recruit
Now, I may just be a noob at this, but, when I extracted the file and dragged the module.ini file into the modules folder to complete the installation, it said that I needed administrator information to work the file. I have other M&B mods installed into this same folder that work fine. If someone could help that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Ash

"administrator information"

1-Do you mean administrator permission?

2-What OS are you using?

~Ãbyss

Yes administrator permission. Could you clarify what OS means?

I now assume you mean operating system. It is windows 7 and I unpacked the file with Winzip

Thanks,

Ash

Good.

1- Do you have more than one operation systems on your computer? (aka dualboot /multiboot)

2- Do you have more than one user accounts on your computer?

3- Do you agree that Microsoft should just go jump off a bridge for failing at making a decent OS?

~Ãbyss

if you unzipped the sandbox folder directly into the modules folder of mount&blade you should not need to manually drag the module.ini from the mount&blade folder into the m&b/modules/sandbox folder.

Just unzip sandbox.zip into the modules folder and start your mount and blade, pick sandbox and enjoy the game.

Thank you both. To answer your questions, no I do not have 2 systems on the computer, no I am the only user, and sometimes yes I agree that Microsoft should jump off a bridge :razz:...I am re-downloading it now and will attempt what Noosers told me to do :grin:

Thanks guys,

Ash

You need to be logged in as administrator to do what you need to do - particularly with bloody Vista, which stinks -  if you are not, say "thank you, Mr. Gates" and set yourself up as the administrator.  Then you can unzip into the modules folder of M&B 1.011  If the file says "sandbox" just change the name to POP V 2.5 and you should be set.

You can set it in the properties screen so winzip run's in admin mode everytime you run the program. What I do is, I create a folder, place the module into there, than manually place it into the module's folder.

Back
Top Bottom