Battle summary

Users who are viewing this thread

Thales

Recruit
I already suggested a log keeping track of all your kills.

I would also like to see a battle summary at the end of a battle, saying something like:

You killed 1 dark knight and 3 dark hunters.
Borcha killed ...
Your troops killed...
You lost 1 swadian crossbowman and 2 swadian men at arms.

Anybody else agree?

:razz:

It'd be pretty redundant. once group sizes get larger, a you progress, you'd have stuff like;

Swadian Marksman killed Swadian Marksman
Swadian Marksman killed Vaegir Horseman
Swadian Marksman killed Vaegir infantry
Swadian Marksman killed Vaegir Archer

Et Cetera, It'd just go on forever. I don't wanna know who kills who, I just wanna know "Did my knight survive?"

I agree, that is why I only suggested having the following separate counts for kills:
Yourself
Your two heroes
All your troops together.
And your cumulative losses.

I agree that there is no point in having the single kills summarised.

I like the idea. To take it a bit further, it would be kinda neat in your charcater screen (as well as in Marnid's and Borcha's) if a running total of all your kills/losses was kept as described in posts above.

I think a neat - but superfluous - feature at the end of combat would be:
Who you killed
Whose kills you assisted in (someone else made the kill, but you hurt the guy)
Who assisted in your kills

But I'm a sucker for extraneous data :wink:

What I would REALLY like to see is basically what Thales said: how many people I killed (doesn't have to be who I killed, even), who of my people got killed, and who among my people made kills - I don't care who they killed, I'd just like to know if certain NPCs are pulling their weight or not.

ArabArcher35 said:
Et Cetera, It'd just go on forever. I don't wanna know who kills who, I just wanna know "Did my knight survive?"

+2

Which is why I think that this:
Thales said:
You lost 1 swadian crossbowman and 2 swadian men at arms.

Is a great idea.  Adding another screen to the loot/capture prisoners sequence would be good for people who enjoy statistics, without being overly annoying to those who couldn't care less.

Thales said:
I agree, that is why I only suggested having the following separate counts for kills:
Yourself
Your two heroes
All your troops together.
And your cumulative losses.

I agree that there is no point in having the single kills summarised.

Agreed :smile:
Really annoying to not know what units you lost during a battle.

It would be even better if it was a loyal, random soldier telling you this, so it would be like:

Swadian Knight: "My Lord, you killed 6 Vaegir Knights, 10 Vaegir Archers, and 2 Vaegir Footmen. Lord Borcha killed... etc... Lord Marnid killed... etc... We killed everything else. My friend died. I'm sad now."

Seems like a good idea, something different yet similar to Total War might be good. A kill counter would be a novelty as well 1.2.3.4.5.6.7...

Swadian Knight: Mi Lord, you killed forty three and a half Vaegir veterans, crippled nine horses and took three billion prisoners.
Diomedes: I've been ill lately, What about our troops?
Swadian Knight: (Astonished whisper) Mi Lord, Borcha is a butcher!
Diomedes: Ah, so he's finally proven his worth, how many of the knaves did he end?
Swadian Knight: If by 'knaves' you mean our men, then most of them.
Diomedes: WHAT?!?! Take away his bow and clap him in irons!
Swadian Knight: I would sir but he's got a crazy look in his eye, I'm afraid I ...
SPLAT
Diomedes: Borcha you bastard!
Borcha: My ears aren't this size for nothin you know.

A battle summary would just be one of those things you read a couple times because it's there, and then you never look at it again.  Watch the bottom of the screen during battle to see if your troops are killed, or know how many you took into the battle.

in a game like M&B,I'm not sure anybody would even look at it...you simply don't need to know that

Uh, I don't know, Berserker, wouldn't you like to know how many people you killed of theirs and how many of yours died? Knowledge is power, know thine enemy.

I always play solo :mrgreen:so I don't need to know....but for those with soldiers it may be a fine addition :idea:

Back
Top Bottom