Unofficial Patch (Updated Jan 15, 2010)

Users who are viewing this thread

Manka

Sergeant
Hi all. I got wickedshot's permission to release a patch with a few bug fixes/new features. Check the change log for details.

Current verison: 0.675.3

Patch: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1631

Source: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1632

Should be very much not save game compatible with 0.675.

As of version 0.675.3, includes Berpol's Settlements City Add-On v0.675+1, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68059.0.html

Installation instructions:
  • Download and install Custom Settlements 0.675, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68400.0.html
  • Navigate to your Modules folder, (usually "C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules")
  • (Recommended) Copy the folder "Custom Settlements 0.675" to "Custom Settlements 0.675.3"
  • Download and extract patch archive
  • Drag and drop contents of patch archive to the new Custom Settlements folder, overwriting the old files
If you had previously created your own custom troop tree, backup "troops.txt" *before* installing the patch. You will have to re-add the custom troops, by hand or using the troop editor.

Change log:
version 0.675.3:
  scene:
    Diavolonia e0m0, e1m0, e1m1 - reworked AI mesh to utilize bridge, avoid buildings
    Diavolonia e1m1 - removed prison, fixed torches right of bridge, deleted floating 'destroy' object
    Grenlandsby e1m1 - Fixed door to manor
    Nottburg e0m0 - grounded floating objects and deleted castle entrace
    (Whitecreek has replaced Emptauk - Credit due to Berpol)
    (Squarodin e1m2, e2m2 - Added door to castle - Credit due to Berpol)
  bugfixes:
    patrols created between reaching eXm2 and becoming part of a faction are renamed once the faction arises
    removed debugging messages related to heroes hiding
    carvans no longer add prosperity multiple times per visit
    after prisoner revolt, it was possible that freed prisoners would be added to random party
    population party of settlements correctly changes faction when taken over by peasants/bandits
    troop/settlement/faction notes should be more accurate
    towns-folk visiting the settlement in-scene should no longer always say they need a better look
    heroes released/freed in dialog get appropriate title
    prevented experience bomb at beginning of game due to heroes not yet spawning
    (Many troops given more sensible weapon proficiencies and skills - Credit due to Berpol)
  changes:
    peasants migrating to settlements with higher prosperity now will always occur if a viable pair of source/target settlements exist. to counteract, timer frequency reduced from 7 hours to 72 hours.
    settlement heroes (and lords/faction leaders) give settlers that end up in their parties to their settlements
    heroes in combat no longer have their armies enlarged
    AI settlements (and player's with steward) have limits to automatic prosperity/productivity growth that depends on settlement economic level
    food withdrawn from settlement is now random, based on local production rates
    peasant training now can be done in multiples of 5
    e1+ settlements have prosperity/production grow more slowly if the population has a large class imbalance
    in edit mode, can claim settlements that are peasant or bandit faction
    AI settlements now consume food (Charfield given farmers to compensate)
    when adding roaming bandits to settlement's bandit party, prisoners now move to the settlement's prison or are freed
    added battle recap, loot screen for attacking/defending settlements
    attacking/defending settlements has battle advantage set on military level of settlement
    (10 new heroes - Credit due to Berpol)
  features:
    all trade goods are added and an initial attempt at balancing trade has been made
    settlements now have a detailed income/expense report
    added a few female victory cries
    integrated Berpol's Settlements City Add-On v0.675+1, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68059.0.html

version 0.675.2:
  scene:
    Fulrestin: e0m0 grounded some floating objects
    Diavolonia: e0m0, e1m0, e1m1 grounded some floating objects
  bugfixes:
    patrols should no longer disappear captured heroes if the settlement cannot take them
    lords should no longer disappear captured heroes if the settlement cannot take them
    while patroling or hanging out in scene, player no longer appreciates self or double appreciates heroes
    mercenaries will not always fail to join non-mercenary heroes for money
    merging of heroes and roaming parties now checks if parties are in combat before selecting to merge
  changes:
    merchants no longer receive same clothes as peasants or peasant upgrades
    hot-keys work at settlement menu
    withdrawing an item of food no longer sorts player inventory
    heroes stay at their settlement if there is an overwhelming force nearby and they are low on troops
    error for adding over 15 trade routes suppressed
    fully randomized which kingdoms arise at settlements (less Swadia/Vaegir biased)
    fully randomized which kingdoms settlements join
    patrols should use settlement cultured troops, not player
    capped roaming, unled parties at 100 people
    hero parties no longer grow beyond ideal size
    settlement lord parties always send peasants to their settlements
    added more trade goods

version 0.675.1:
  scenes:
    Luolan: e2m0 manor passage removed
    Drunadd: e2m0 fixed tavern passage; e2m1 fixed manor passage
  bugfixes:
    disappeared heroes should eventually respawn
    heroes freed by NPCs respawn immediately
    in-scene visiting townsfolk now add to the population
    patrols giving prisoners to a settlement no longer generate invalid party id errors
    companion heros no longer shuffle gear following an equip
    hearldic items/shields should get proper banner
  features:
    individual merchants for every settlement
    production rates for settlements' trade goods assigned by distance to "resource regions"

Patch details:
With Patch 0.675.3, a first attempt at balancing trade has been made. It surely is inadequate. Let me know how trade is working for you: are any routes too profitable? Not profitable enough?

I also made the likely controversial change of adding a few female victory cries. With about half the populace female, it was a little too quiet at the end of battles. If you have access to other, better sounds that don't have licensing issues, I'd be happy to add them.

Patch 0.675.2 includes two potentially controversial changes, and feedback would be appreciated. The first is that heroes that are low on troops now hide out in their settlements if there is a party nearby that is significantly stronger. This was done to stop the cycle where a hero would escape only to be captured immediately.

The second is that parties now are more hesitant to grow beyond their "ideal" size. For hero parties: 20 if free, 50 if settlement, 100 if lord, 300 if faction leader. For roaming parties: 100. For lords that have taken over a settlement, this change is minimal as they would previously have dumped most of the extra troops into their garrison. Now, their garrison sizes will suffer a bit, but hopefully this isn't game-breaking. Free heroes, however, may see significant reductions. Those heroes around Custow that could get hundreds of troops will be limited to 20. Conversely, there will be more, bigger roaming parties around. In the future, I would like to cap their size to be relatively small as well, but permit some small chance of a large group coming together and having that horde go do horde-like things. For now, 100 is quite large but should make for a few fun fights.

Patch 0.675.1 adds two new features. The first is unique merchants for each settlement, which should make trade viable again. Their gear is randomly selected at compile time from a job-specific list.

The second new feature is resource regions. These are polygons on the world map which represents areas where resources are produced. The goal with these is to make Custom Settlements is two fold. First, it would be nice some day to be able to plunk down a settlement at an arbitrary location. The approach used here would let that settlement be useful for trade. The second goal is to minimize the amount of work done when adding new settlements. You should be able to just ignore trade productions and it will work out.

Help wanted:
  • Diavolonia could use some touch up. Specifically, there were floating objects in e0m0, e1m0, e1m1, so I assume that there are some in the remaining scenes. The AI mesh in e0m0 and e1m0 was the default, so troops would prefer the river to the bridge and running into buildings to getting places. The AI mesh in e1m1 was largely disconnected and seemingly arbitrary. The other scenes could all probably use some love, and I'm a little sick of welding vertices at the moment.
  • Trade goods are imbalanced. At this point I need to know what goods are being over/under produced. If you can give me reports on how trade is working, that would be appreciated. The production values for settlements can now be obtained from the cheat menu. The prices don't settle down until a few weeks into the game, so if you cheat to get your settlement developed don't expect trade to be useful for a while.

• I could probably use some more/better female victory cries that can be redistributed without licensing concerns. I haven't yet checked what other mod authors are using, although I noticed one sound I obtained is also in the Wedding Dance. If you have some, or know what has already been done, please contact me.

Todo/Known Issues:
short term:
add craftsmen and townspeople as higher classes of peasant
tie prisoner revolt chance to quality of garrisoning troops
have troops cost money
report on troop costs/effectiveness
generalize training menu
generalize giving of prisoners to prioritize high quantity stacks
check giving of prisoners for settler troops and transfer directly to population
code up bandit-takeover as putting prisoners into settlement prison
get troops to wander farther
have food withdrawn be propto square of production rates
*settlements were getting mangled titles (e.g. Manor Village)
*custom banners

medium:
?heroes can get stuck following non-existent (possibly attached) parties
add ambient noises in settlements
ability to manage trade routes
give trade goods as gifts, rep propto rarity at settlement
check Diavolonia all for AI mesh
check Diavolonia e0m1, e1m2, e2mX for floaters (merchants goods, tree to left of bridge and tree near bandit camp)
have lords shed troops if beyond significantly greater than ideal size

long:
delete native code from source
sort source into separate files
reduce max size on wandering parties and introduce roaming hordes

*completed already, in next patch

God work. bug fixes are always good, but I don't know what to say about the new trade system. To be honest, I've never really been much of a trader at all in M&B. Having different merchants for each settlement though is definately a much-needed improvement.

Onasaki said:
If I may ask, when is the next unofficial patch? 'Cause I hate seeing parties of 200 mercenaries running about.. T_T

Patch is up, let me know how it works.

Works great as far as I can tell! No more 300-400-500 mercs running about. I however, screwed myself over by attacking a Vaegir Settlement and raiding it.. So I had to start over. The patrols wouldn't leave me alone.. and made me naked.. T_T

Anyway, I'll let you know if I run into anything weird.

Thank you for the kind words. The mod has so much potential and learning the source has been easier than I feared. I should have another update out soon - unless I get ambitious.

Sounds pretty good =), would there be some way to enable loot in scene battles?, seems like a pretty basic feature that is missing at the moment which would help quite a lot especially in the early game.

Yeah. All of that stuff is a royal, royal pain. But the good news is that I only that it's a pain because I'm working on it. I think I've got it for attacking settlements now, after that I should be able to add it for the other encounters.

Just tried the Jan 15th patch, looking very good :cool:. May i suggest somewhere down the line to add in more bandits to the map, I've noticed that once around a year has passed and Charfield has turned into a kingdom the bandits pretty much disappear off the map except for a couple of very small bands of looters who get gang raped by like 6 patrols once they come into the vicinity of a settlement.

Yeah, I'd like there to be more bandits too, or at least more hostile forces. However, I don't really want to summon them out of the aether, but rather have them come sensibly from settlements. That will mean finding ways to balance corruption, prosperity, and production so that it takes some effort to keep things going well.

Right now, settlement lords only occasionally wander very far so neglect isn't really a viable mechanism until they're given more to do. I'm toying with class imbalance ideas among settlers/unskilled laborers/craftfolk/townsfolk, and I might be able to get somewhere with the hero traits. All of this is pretty hard to play-test without developing a game for several hours, so it's much lower on my list than the things I can tackle immediately. After I've ironed most of those out, I'll try and take a game a year or two in and see how things are doing.

For now, I just coddle the bandits. There's no rep hit for helping them in combat, and the greater numbers of peasants/adventurers helps me fill up my prison.

Damn! I wish I knew you could help bandits without a rep hit! XD I woulda had a bunch of adventurers and peasants prisoners!

I'd like to also see the ransom rates go up, when you sell slaves. Just like it works in native, but maybe on a smaller scale. And I'd love to see the ability to ransom off heroes and villains. Ya know?

This made CS much, much better. The traders are probably the best feature, but the worldwide market seems a little too balanced (The minute I had my town to E1 with a trader to buy stuff with, all the cheap products from my town were cheap in Custow too, and the stuff in my town suddenly rose in price).

First off: very fine mod, and I like the patch changes too.

The biggest improement for me was having the disappereaing heroes fixed: in my unpatched 0.675 game I was playing Griffinhill and had pissed off the bandits - some heroes out of Charfield retalieted and crushed me in my settlement. The next time they came after me, I lured them to Custow where they were obliterated in a huge battle. The high level bandit heroes disappeared after that, which was a shame.

The capped party sizes are nice, too: In unpatched, I had trouble getting my max party size large enough for heroes to join me once the game had progressed a bit. On the other hand this made it a bit more challenging than having only to increase relations... Still, it's nice not to have Wirt of Gonace traipse about the landscape with several thousand troops.

As to trade: I wanted the game to start a bit faster, so I did a tour at the start handing out peasants and villages/manors at the start. A couple of months into the game, me (Dartmoor) and Custow still are the only castle towns. Trading is insanely profitable, possibly because while there are a lot of goods traders, there are only a few caravans. Stoneport sells velvet at under 200 dinars, you can get furs in the Vaegir settlements at about 50, and spices are dirt cheap in the steppe... I'll report on how it balances out once there are more caravans up and about.

First of all, THANK YOU for reviving this mod!! I honestly feel this MOD is among the greatest created for MnB. I hope that you will continue working on this mod.

1) when i install the patch, do i have to re-install the osp add ons??

Back
Top Bottom