Worst Moment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Evilknightz

Grandmaster Knight
Well every mod forum needs one of these to get conversation going.

I was Gutts, i bought a gun (Flintlock Rifle i think) and was so eager to test it out that i used it exclusively on the next battle, only to forget that the only thing winning my battles was my Rambo attacks. Twas a short battle.....

In the new version you can properly fight as companions.  So leave Gutts to go maniac and test out the rifles with a more normal npc like Gaston.  Griffith, Casca, and Pippin got buffs in the new version.  They will be deadly to control as well.  Worst moment is every time I get a jav to the face just as I am getting set to go Ramboing.

Usually it's after I kill all the infantry and (most) calvary and realise there is a few dozen archers in front of me firing volleys at me. Or getting couched lanced from behind (actually it's worse to get couched from front, because you know you could dodge or kill and you feel silly).

Midland is bad for getting pincushioned by archers.  You'll kill everyone only to see the line of ten Bakiraka Assassins with hand crossbows.  There is little way to get out of that situation.  In truth it seems the bakiraka assassins do 80% of the killing of the entire midland army.

Finding out my laptop won't run M&B just as the new version is released (Am at parents for the holiday break), freaking pathetic resource hog that is Vista!  :wink:  Oh well, after the new year I'll be hitting the mod full tilt again.

Gamewise?  Hmm...

Probably "Gutts First Battle with the Hawks" the first time I played it.  Here I was expecting it to be easy... it wasn't!  Now it isn't so bad, but that first attempt was UGLY.  Oh was I in for a surprise on some later quick battles!

Yeah.  Unnatural humans weren't so bad for me other than in the Eclipse.  But Daka, here I was expecting something more like a normal elite, and instead I got "OH MY GOD!!  WHY WONT YOU DIE!?!?!?"

In the eclipse you lose anyway you play it and is there just for thrill and story purpuse. As for Dakas, we're ''lucky'' Berserker Pride didn't put in the remaining super elites Kushan used in the manga.

I still have plans to add the crocs and giant elephant men.  But I don't want them to show up until after the eclipse.  Not sure how to do that yet.  Daka tiger mounts for some of the daka would be sweet too.  Maybe random parties of familars could show up after the eclipse.  That would be easy to implement.

My worst moment was, when playing as a non Gutts character, my first battle with a beast party. It was something like 800 to 250, me being on the short side. I had no idea how brutal the beasts could be at that point. The commanders, Dni, Tro and Lumanea, were easy enough to take out, but I pretty much froze in place at the tusked, fat purple awe that is the Ogre. I knew everyone was dead as soon as Percus, in all his god slaying glory, got 1 hit KOd when an ogre chucked a post at him. Everyone in camp cried themselves to sleep that night.

Later, when I found a beast party that was about an equal match for me, was when I was actually able to kill an ogre for the first time. "How many iron chain knights do I need to throw at this thing?" I thought when there was just the ogre and no other enemies left. The number is just under 20.

Yea they regenerate slowly too.  But once in hugging distance they can't hit you.  If I wanted to be mean I could have given them trample damage.  I'm glad the beasts are tough though.  I wanted them to be the type of enemies you could only engage one party at a time.

My second worst moment? Killed by Slan in the troll hole battle. My first worst moment? Slan killed by Isidro in the second time.

Berserker Pride said:
I still have plans to add the crocs and giant elephant men.  But I don't want them to show up until after the eclipse.  Not sure how to do that yet.  Daka tiger mounts for some of the daka would be sweet too.  Maybe random parties of familars could show up after the eclipse.  That would be easy to implement.

A bit on the complicated side, and not sure if it is possible but it is a thought.  Set up a script so after the Eclipse that Kush is replaced by an entirely different faction with all the cool demonic stuff?  Before that just have their normal troops as now (Minus Daka).  Afterwards, change the entire faction from "Kush" to "Kushan Empire" and have everyone in it change sides to the new one as the cities and such.  Easier for the non-Gutts types than Gutts though.  Since those ones could start in play.

Actually that would work.  Good idea I'll have to look into it.  The faction would only need one lord as everyone would join it from the Kushan faction.

Yeah maybe that would work best.  I still need to find out why all the new kings in the endgame factions keep showing up as fac_commoners though.  Maybe I'll check the sword of Damocles source and see what I am doing wrong.

my worst moment in the game?

i captured a Kushan fort, they immediately swarmed to the castle and sieged it. i got around 120+ troops, and they got 6100+ troops. i sat at the ladder and started shooting(wif a heavy pistol). then i realized.... the king is a freaking monster! i i got 3 head shots on him plus the random bullets from other guys and he just walked up the ladder calmly. when he got up he proceeded to rape all of us. :cry:

silencekyo said:
my worst moment in the game?

i captured a Kushan fort, they immediately swarmed to the castle and sieged it. i got around 120+ troops, and they got 6100+ troops. i sat at the ladder and started shooting(wif a heavy pistol). then i realized.... the king is a freaking monster! i i got 3 head shots on him plus the random bullets from other guys and he just walked up the ladder calmly. when he got up he proceeded to rape all of us. :cry:

Wow....I have never had kings tank that much

Back
Top Bottom