Your favorite faction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hehe yes :razz:. Maybe good to know, I am going to reconstruct all the units and troop-trees again. So I will select on more realistic stats and items etc.

And I also have some nice idea's for special troops. They would need some work so I cannot say anything for sure.

Wel, if want to make one, I cannot stop you :wink:. Would be great actually, if you could include some more cavalry and more variation if possible if you would make a new troop tree.

Would really be appreciated.

At least 10 I think. I would like if you woould include some engineer for the artillery :wink:. So, cannoneer -> Captain of Artillery etc. So you would have 4 different kind of troops; inf., ranged, cav and engineers.

All factions will get a completely redone troop tree & items. I am going to start with some retextures, to see if I can make some of them :razz:. Hopefully you will like them. The Spanish Kingdom will keep most of the same units I think.

Well, I think we can add some more troops, maybe cavalry (herreruelos and similar troops...)

arbolespaol.jpg
arbolenglish.jpg

In the cavalry we have a "problem". The "Spanish Rider" can be upgrade to "Herreruelo", but that word also refers to the "raytres" or "swartzreitters" that were German troops, so the word to use would be "Coracero" or "Cuirassier" that is used for all the non-german "raytres".

I know that the Spanish Imperial Army had soldiers from all over Europe, but the "reitters" or "Herreruelos" can be independent from the Spanish trooptree (special mercenaries), as they looks different from the other riders (you know, the black armour and so...) but also added to the pt_reinforcement of the Spanish faction. Don't know if I have made myself understand...

For the artillery... we can add two upgrades before the Arquebusier, something like "artillery assistant" and then "gunner" or "official gunner" (in Spanish "Auxiliar de Artillería" -> "Oficial Artillero"). There were different names for them depending on the kind of artillery that they used, but to be more general, I think the names are ok.

So, there would be 3 more troops, one cavalry (Coracero/Cuirassier), and two artillery (Auxiliar de Artillería/Artillery Assistant -> Oficial Artillero/Official Gunner).

Damn, when correcting the grammar, it wanted to change non-german to non-human...  :???:

Thanks for your work! Looking good as always :wink:. The engineer recruitment will be different, so you won't be able to get them anymore over troop trees but on another way.

And I thought of the Spanish rider, have 2 options, Spanish Lancers and Herrulero's, mounted musketeers/arqubusiers. Spain had also themselves Herrerulo's ? And if not, they can be added as mercenaries.

And you need to explain a bit more about the reinforcements, do you mean during a battle that they will also appear on the field, besides the ordinary spanish troops?

Uhm, different, ok, it would be better... so they need more upgrades or with that two is enough?

Next point: yes, Spain also had Herreruelos, it's just that the name was used for the German Reitters too (Herreruelo and Reitter had the same meaning, AFAIK Herreruelo was used for non-Spanish mounted troops).
So, if we are talking about Reitters (German troops), you can call them Reitters, Raytres, Swarzreitters or Herreruelos, if we are talking about Spanish mounted troops, you call them Cuirassiers/Coraceros.

As a note: the Herreruelos were called that way in Spanish because of their equipment, because they used hammers instead of swords (the blacksmith is called Herrero in Spanish).

So, after Spanish Rider I would add Cuirassier and then Veteran Cuirassier... equipped like the German Reitters/Herreruelos (or Swarzreitters, because of their black armours), but could be less skilled or at least with less armour.
It's true that there were some mounted arquebussiers, but they used to dismount to use their firearms (so difficult to shot a weapon like that while mounted), so I think it's not a troop that deserves appearing.

About the reinforcements, I was talking about the party templates, where you adjust the kind of troops given to faction lords (kingdom_X_reinforcement_a, and so...)

Well, the Cuirassiers were equipped this way

CoraceroA.jpg

Rapier and two pistols, but the Spanish Rider (first mounted troop in the Spanish trooptree) can be equipped with lances and swords and light armour. The lance was used until the battle of Turnhout (end of the XV Century), where lancers (light Spanish cavalry) were destroyed by the rebels cuirassiers. In he XVI century, the Spanish added to their armies the cuirassiers and reitters, because the light cavalry (lancers) was inefficient.

Lope de Rojas said:
Well, the Cuirassiers were equipped this way

CoraceroA.jpg

Rapier and two pistols, but the Spanish Rider (first mounted troop in the Spanish trooptree) can be equipped with lances and swords and light armour. The lance was used until the battle of Turnhout (end of the XV Century), where lancers (light Spanish cavalry) were destroyed by the rebels cuirassiers. In he XVI century, the Spanish added to their armies the cuirassiers and reitters, because the light cavalry (lancers) was inefficient.
ddnt know there was a battle in Turnhout =O
spanish vs flemish?

Back
Top Bottom