Your favorite faction?

Users who are viewing this thread

UBERMANN

Sergeant
Post your favorite faction and why.

Mine: the Brabant one, can't remember the first name but they are grey.

They have pretty good troops all around, and they are sort of the underdogs. Personally, I destroyed Holland and am at war with the Spainyards at the moment.

Spanish Empire, of course... I love their Tercios, the best soldiers in that moment.

Can't wait to play with new stuff for all the factions...

Well, it is a hard decision, but i'd choose España, cause of tercios and it is my Fatherland, though flanders fought braverly... I dont know! both are matched xD

Angel Olivares said:
Well, it is a hard decision, but i'd choose España, cause of tercios and it is my Fatherland, though flanders fought braverly... I dont know! both are matched xD

CHOOSE FOR FLANDERS!!!! :grin:

Ehm, I said statement (like a sentence) talking about my previous post...  :smile:

One question... I've read somewhere that in Holland (dunno if it was just during the 80-year war) the mothers said to their sons: "if you're not good the Duke of Alba will come and get you "... really?  :???:

May very well have been true, perhaps even long after the peace had been forged. That man had quite some local nobles sentenced to death and that may very well have frightened the populace.

Yes, I know.

The problem with the Duque de Alba was that he supressed the riots in a very though way (well, you know, all of them executed people, but the problem is that the Spanish were the "invasors" and, apart from diplomacy, there are more direct ways to do policy)... that was one of the reasons that made Felipe II to call him back to Spain.

Back
Top Bottom