BNL EYW - NPC's, Heroes and more...

Users who are viewing this thread

The VOC was founded during the twelve years of truce right? I actually wanted to let the mod play before the period, when Maurits of Oranje was the ruler of the Republic of Holland. Doesn't really matter however for the person. It doesnt has to be super accurate.

Jezze said:
The VOC was founded during the twelve years of truce right? I actually wanted to let the mod play before the period, when Maurits of Oranje was the ruler of the Republic of Holland. Doesn't really matter however for the person. It doesnt has to be super accurate.

The VOIC is a very interesting element of gameplay :smile:

They were supersmall in the beginning because they didn't recieved much support of the government because they had to finance the war against the Spanish. After the war they became to be super large  :grin:.

The VOC was founded in 1602 with support from the goverment
The twelve years of truce were  from 1609 till 1621
The truce was made because Maurits had nearly conquered/liberated all of the Republic's land and the Provinces of Holland wanted to end the war because it was too expensive. Maurits however wanted to fight on and defeated the Peace Supporter Oldenbarneveld.
Maurits lived from 1567 till 1625. He studied Roman Warfare (Is why he was so good in fighting :razz:) as a child and he became the leader after Willem was shot.

Similar to Piet Hein perhaps, but id like to put another naval commander forward :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maarten_Tromp

He was partially responsible for the destruction of Spanish naval power in the region. Also he is reputed to have shelled London, and been the bane of English seapower during the latter Anglo-Dutch wars. Personally he is one of my favorite historical Dutch figures.

You have to wrote it Jauregui, I live in the basque country and one of my best friend´s surname is Jauregui, no "jaureguy", i never heard that after. In this part of spain we have surnames quite different from the rest of the country. And the name "Jean" is more frech than spanish, the equivalent in spanish is Juan.

Back
Top Bottom