The North 912 - a mod of roots of yggdrasil - version 3 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

The North 912 - version 3

Download here:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1581

This is a historical version of the Roots of Yggdrasil. although there isnt always very much historical material in that time, perhaps it is a semimytological mod.
It is not possible to sail though, i dont know how that works.
I also dont know very many finnish, polish/slavic and latvian/baltic names for the lords of those factions.
If anyone have any historical corrections or just any suggestions please report them.
Oh, and dont complain about the Norse, Danish, Swedish and German names, they are translated to Old Norse, Old Swedish, Old Danish and Old German
(unless they are spelled wrong in the old languages)

Features:
a map of scandinavia,
new troop, king, faction and lord names
Factions: Norvegr, Danmark, Finland, Svealand, Götaland, Kvenland, East Francia, the Slavs, and the Balts
Gutekfiuteks Polished Landscapes

Known Bugs:
King Bjorn Eriksson of Svealand is a woman
Not able to cross Tiveden.
Finnland is not historically correct
Lagging
Map movement problems

Next version:
Hopefully a fix of all the reported map moving problems.

Sounds awesome. I can help you with King Bjorn being a woman if you'd like. Open up module_troops, look for the troop file and delete the bit that says "tf_female|" and at the end of the troop tuple you'll see a bunch of letters and numbers, that's the face code. Just replace it with the same face code as one of the kings has for the moment, save and build module. Turn on edit mode, go in-game, edit your face and press Ctrl+E, then make the face you want to give to King Bjorn, when you're done click on the face code bar that appeared when you pressed Ctrl+E and that'll copy the face code. Exit the game, open up module_troops and replace King Bjorn's current face code with the one you just copied down.

Thanks you

Your mod include exactly feat. which missing me in original, namely "historical" faction and maps...
I was little confused while playing "native" Roots of Yggdrasil  - too many unfamiliar faction, troops....

Unfortunately in this version map has same problems ( some parties get stuck in several places, little empty parts of country....  ) but its beta i know..  I hope that in next version I can regulary sail throuht the baltic sea ( but in one place, on the top on the hill between Swedish and Gotland settlements, all party icons is changing to ships - bug ?? )

And one qustion? from where you gather information about Slavs troops?  For example "Mysliwiec" is bit strange name...
.... I (exactly my ancient slavs roots :smile: ) offer little help to You with this faction...

Hiki said:
Thanks you

Your mod include exactly feat. which missing me in original, namely "historical" faction and maps...
I was little confused while playing "native" Roots of Yggdrasil  - too many unfamiliar faction, troops....

Unfortunately in this version map has same problems ( some parties get stuck in several places, little empty parts of country....  ) but its beta i know..  I hope that in next version I can regulary sail throuht the baltic sea ( but in one place, on the top on the hill between Swedish and Gotland settlements, all party icons is changing to ships - bug ?? )

And one qustion? from where you gather information about Slavs troops?  For example "Mysliwiec" is bit strange name...
.... I (exactly my ancient slavs roots :smile: ) offer little help to You with this faction...

I just used google translate  :smile:

:grin: I thought that you use something like this  :grin:

Can You post there whole trop tree of slavs (with decent description ( weapons, armor..) ?
I (or someone else) will try to correct it...

EDIT: Is version 2 save compatibile with version 1?

Hiki said:
:grin: I thought that you use something like this  :grin:

Can You post there whole trop tree of slavs (with decent description ( weapons, armor..) ?
I (or someone else) will try to correct it...

EDIT: Is version 2 save compatibile with version 1?

I am not at home right now so i cant post the troop tree right now,
the version 2 is savegame compatible but the changes to the map wont work unless you start a new game.

I tried out the first version and after a while it started to lag like roots of yggdrasil (cant play like that, too annoying) has anything been done to fix this in this version? I saw in the RoY thread that someone had released a hotfix for the lag that replaced the triggers.txt and this seemed to work.

Other than that I think this mod rules

Zaphod said:
I tried out the first version and after a while it started to lag like roots of yggdrasil (cant play like that, too annoying) has anything been done to fix this in this version? I saw in the RoY thread that someone had released a hotfix for the lag that replaced the triggers.txt and this seemed to work.

Okay i will include that fix  in the next version since man cant sail anyway.

Temae said:
Zaphod said:

Okay i will include that fix  in the next version since man cant sail anyway.

Sweet!  :grin: Thank you for listening to my feedback, you are a very nice modder!

Really enjoying this mod - espcially the absence of horses! Apart from the lagging, I'm having some real problems with movement on parts of the map. Great atmosphere though, and you really get the feeling of being close up and personal when in a shield wall. If you could sort out the two problems above I'd be happy playing his mod for a long time. Thanks for all your work and effort.

About that map movement problem, its probably because the mesh is too stretched. Sometimes it also happens because th mesh is just too flat as well.

spookytooth said:
Really enjoying this mod - espcially the absence of horses! and you really get the feeling of being close up and personal when in a shield wall.
That stuff was part of the ruthven's mod, not his.

Anyway Temae, this sounds cool, I'm going to check it out later on.

Sweet! Another viking mod! :grin: Time to go raiding!!!! :twisted: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  :twisted:
I hope though that a patch is released to fix the map problems and adds sailing to the game. Wishful thinking. :grin:

Its a really nice mod and if you get the problems made its peferkt. But i have been playing it a bit, and when i get my own kingdom, by takeing over a castle, suddenly all units i get from villages, is peasants, peasant infantry, peasant pikemen, peasant bowmen, and they can only be upgraded two times, is this the way it should be, or is it a bug. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom