BNL EYW - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

@verbeek,

bullocks. Even if you'd use the start of the Eighty Years war, those viking helmets wouldn't be used. We are in the 16th century, those helmets would be out of fashion, even in the 15th century. Late medieval swords and chainmail could still be used, but those two handed axes and the viking style outfits just don't fit.

I suggest you'd take a look at the Age of Turbulence, a polish mod set in the beginning of the 17th century. I played it myself, and they have some nice 17th century pikemen armours and morions to go with it (and the guns ofcourse).

I think you are doing a great job, making a mod about the netherlands (I myself am from Noord Brabant) and I know how hard modding can be (I am a texture 'artist' over at Piratesahoy!, but I hate the way you depict all the units, I don't play this mod, because it just doesn't fit the time frame you are aiming for.

Yes I know. The historical accuracy is now almost below freezing point at the moment. This is my first mod and my modelling skills are limited to putting a wings model in a BRF file. Still working on it though :razz:.

So simply, these troops aren't done. There were no armors or weapons modeld for them, I just used the items that were avabile at the moment.

It is defintly not fisnished, so you just have to wait or help if you don't like the progress. And this is the first public release so we are currently working on it, so it should be better in the next version.

Stinus said:
@verbeek,

bullocks. Even if you'd use the start of the Eighty Years war, those viking helmets wouldn't be used. We are in the 16Th century, those helmets would be out of fashion, even in the 15Th century. Late medieval swords and chainmail could still be used, but those two handed axes and the viking style outfits just don't fit.

I suggest you'd take a look at the Age of Turbulence, a polish mod set in the beginning of the 17th century. I played it myself, and they have some nice 17th century pikemen armours and morions to go with it (and the guns ofcourse).

I think you are doing a great job, making a mod about the netherlands (I myself am from Noord Brabant) and I know how hard modding can be (I am a texture 'artist' over at Piratesahoy!, but I hate the way you depict all the units, I don't play this mod, because it just doesn't fit the time frame you are aiming for.

Great would you like to retexture some armors and helmets for us. Most aren't really accurate. We have uptight assholes bugging us about it all the time.
Would you like to contribute? We're all kind of bad ad modelling AND texturing, you see. We don't have your humongous amount of experience.

Verbeek said:
Stinus said:
@verbeek,

bullocks. Even if you'd use the start of the Eighty Years war, those viking helmets wouldn't be used. We are in the 16Th century, those helmets would be out of fashion, even in the 15Th century. Late medieval swords and chainmail could still be used, but those two handed axes and the viking style outfits just don't fit.

Great would you like to retexture some armors and helmets for us. Most aren't really accurate. We have uptight assholes bugging us about it all the time.
Would you like to contribute? We're all kind of bad ad modelling AND texturing, you see. We don't have your humongous amount of experience.

Please, don't make a fight out of this. There is not enough attention paid to these units and this period is pretty hard because there were much armors used over those 100 years. Also, it is hard to find a good desription about the units of that time, only from the Spanish soldiers and some State soldiers and that's it.

The armors etc. are looking medieval indeed, are in need of change, I admit. The only problem is that all these items need to be modeld. And that takes time. There are already some people working on armors, so we hope it will turn out good.

I do not want to FIGHT about this, but I thought I would just bring this under you attention. And to help you out about the historical accuracy, I suggest you pick a timespan of 20 years, because there were a lot of changes in those two centuries. This will give you a better frame for this.

As I suggested before, try to contact the maker of Age of Turbulence, since he has a LOT of items, you'd probably could use, as they are 16th 17th century armours. There was also a mounted pistolier made bya chinese guy which you could use. And I think there is a OP pack from one of the moddelers which contains a lot of helmets which fits the time span. Luigi also got a lot of renaissance weapons you could use.

And about the texturing, I would like to, but I can't be a steady 'employee' since I have a very intense study: International Media and Entertainment Management, I have very little time to texture. And I don't know how to put them in the brf edit. So if I just make the skins, and you attach them for me, it might work :wink:

Stinus said:
I do not want to FIGHT about this, but I thought I would just bring this under you attention. And to help you out about the historical accuracy, I suggest you pick a timespan of 20 years, because there were a lot of changes in those two centuries. This will give you a better frame for this.

As I suggested before, try to contact the maker of Age of Turbulence, since he has a LOT of items, you'd probably could use, as they are 16th 17th century armours. There was also a mounted pistolier made bya chinese guy which you could use. And I think there is a OP pack from one of the moddelers which contains a lot of helmets which fits the time span. Luigi also got a lot of renaissance weapons you could use.

And about the texturing, I would like to, but I can't be a steady 'employee' since I have a very intense study: International Media and Entertainment Management, I have very little time to texture. And I don't know how to put them in the brf edit. So if I just make the skins, and you attach them for me, it might work :wink:

I will take a look. :wink: Thanks for the suggestion. If you want to retexture some items its fine with me. I only cannot say when you can do it, because I need to look at it, which should be redone etc.

Silverwolf has those helmets, two hats and a rapier which you might want to use.

Stinus said:
@verbeek,

bullocks. Even if you'd use the start of the Eighty Years war, those viking helmets wouldn't be used. We are in the 16th century, those helmets would be out of fashion, even in the 15th century. Late medieval swords and chainmail could still be used, but those two handed axes and the viking style outfits just don't fit.

or look in empire total war units

in the 17-18 century people had colored uniforms

spijdie said:
Stinus said:
@verbeek,

Jezus spijdie,
:eek:
Empire total war is early 18th
Eighty years war is late 16th, early 17th.

Ok, as soon as my 1866 models are finished, I'll start working on a companion that can function as a guide when talking to him, since a lot of people need some assistance with the depicted era :smile:

FrisianDude said:
Story of Astorionar mod. And why? :razz:

just a little story ;D

that your father was Lamoraal van Egmond and your mother was just a farmer...or something like that :smile:

Verbeek said:
spijdie said:
Stinus said:
@verbeek,

Jezus spijdie,

I used to work for an eighty years war Empire mod, we've still got some units. I could ask our old modeller..

Verbeek said:
spijdie said:
Stinus said:
@verbeek,

Jezus spijdie,

its only  an idea for clothes or weapons maby cannons :shock:

used to work for an eighty years war Empire mod, we've still got some units. I could ask our old modeller..
if he would do it Then sounds it wonderful :mrgreen:

I also recommend you watch "Alatriste", it is a spanish movie about an Spanish mercenary soldier, fighting in the 80 years war. In the begin scene they inflitrate a Dutch encampement. They are also at the Siege of Breda.

Stinus said:
I also recommend you watch "Alatriste", it is a spanish movie about an Spanish mercenary soldier, fighting in the 80 years war. In the begin scene they inflitrate a Dutch encampement. They are also at the Siege of Breda.

Thanks, watched the trailer and looks interesting. Especially on their armors etc. Will give it a try :wink:.

Back
Top Bottom