BNL EYW - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Smissen said:
My idea is that you can make your own character like you also can do in the cRPG mod,that makes
it more exiting. This option only be available for militia/volunteers and hire soldiers.
Smissen said:
Nypifisel said:
Sure there were a wide variety of people in the armies, standardization wasn't even heard of, however the three basic roles which these men filled were still the same - though as stated this was before the mechanical mass production which we know today, everything was handmade and nothing was the other thing alike, clothes, armour and weapons looked different from man to man.
You start with few money so can afford a straw hat,duds,damaged
boots or shoes or something to start with. You can get payed after
each round depended on how good you were (minutes alive,kills,deaths).
So later in the game you can afford better clothes,armor,hats,equipment etc.
So experienced players can afford good armor,beautiful hats,golden trims,good
horse etc.

cRPG sucks monkeyballs, move along. Just kidding but i don;t gonna think that is going to happen

To make it like cRPG would be too intensive to make. We did need a PHP website etc. It would be possible, but it would take too much time I am afraid, and for how it is at the moment seems fine to me I think. Maybe we can increase the prices, so that is harder to get some serious armour.

I played the mod last night and I noticed that there are 3 á 4 different
type of Muskets. Maybe we can change it to 3 different kind of Muskets:
Matchlock,Wheellock and Flintlock,these 3 mechanism were all used during
the war.

Matchlock: If you press the shoot button,it will take 2/3 seconds before the
bullet leaves the muskets

Wheellock: Faster shoot,but takes a bit of time to (In dutch they call  it "Opwinden" if I'm correct)

Flintlock: The bullet immediately leaves the musket after pressing the shoot button and less time
to get it reloaded again. Make the last 2 mechanism more expensive because all the weapons were
made by hand and the Matchlock was the easiest kind to make.

Smissen

Hmm flintlock is kinda misplaced I believe though, that mechanism wouldn't become common untill the 1670s. People often confuse the Flintlock with the older Doglock or "snaphaunce". A firing mechanism not very popular during their days and were more often used for hunting.

Smissen said:
Just a quick suggestion,are we going to add pistols for the cavalry?
Pistols are standard for cavalry since the 16th century :wink:

Yeah, I've had discussions with Jezze about this, and yes, pistols shall indeed be in.

Edit:
Hey what's this "Old team-member" thingy D: I'm totally still active Jezze, just got a job too now. D:

Nypifisel said:
Smissen said:
Just a quick suggestion,are we going to add pistols for the cavalry?
Pistols are standard for cavalry since the 16th century :wink:

Yeah, I've had discussions with Jezze about this, and yes, pistols shall indeed be in.

Edit:
Hey what's this "Old team-member" thingy D: I'm totally still active Jezze, just got a job too now. D:

Eehhh.... *changes it quick back to what it was* :wink:.

Jezze said:
Verbeek said:
*More firearms, muskets, and they have to do more damage. They're not deadly enough
*Much, much more forest, small hills on the map.

Please know that especially the Netherlands was completely not very hilled. Adding new forests shouldn't be a real problem, but the hills should be limited used I think.

Holland is pretty flat but Limburg,Luxembourg and some parts of Belgium are very hilly :wink:

Hi,
let me first say I really appreciate the conception of this mod, I'm a joung scholar in early modern history (and still play some games, ok) and love this period. Let me just give a couple of suggestion if possible...
A- concerning the factions
You start the timeline in the year of the loot of Antwerpen & a couple of yrs before the capture of Brielle (if I'm not mistaken), but why not inserting the english like faction? later in the war the Oranje asked for help and part of the 7 rebel provinces became for (a third) a land under english protection.
You could even insert scottish and english mercenaries and deserters...
b- Instead than the waloon mounted sergeant, is possible to have waloon Cuirassiers?...ok they became famous in the 30 yrs war under Wallenstein, but they became one of the most famous troops of their age..
c- Ok, he toke service later in the war, but why not putting Alessandro Farnese in the lap of spaniards commanders?

Concerning Gameplay

- Implementing ranks in this mod would improve very much game experience. Without them pikemen and landsknechts are useful just at 50%. Asking help in this to the developers of Eagle and radiant cross could be quite easy, and I'm sure the battles more tough

- Like in the invasion mod, why not putting a huge spanish army under the walls of Antwerpen at a determinate day? Scheduling some of the most famous events in the sequence of days could dramatically improve historical accuracy.

I could have other ideas to propone, but I'm a gamer, not a developer...so can just renew my grats for the good work made till now and beg you to keep it up.
I leave you with just a last suggestion, asking to improve naval combat (pathfinding does sadly not affect speed at sea for now...is not possible edit charachters inserting something like seafaring), and to put more geuzen at sea...would be nice with different kinds of ships.

Wit true exteem and admiration
Biofuso

Maybe interesting for you guys to base the units and perhaps some animations on the following:

Wapenhandelinghe van roers, musquetten ende spiesen  by Jacob de Gheijn

Nassausche wapen-handelinge, van schilt, spies, rappier, ende targe by Adam van Breens

Both are Dutch military manuals.

What I find interesting is that the Pikeman is portrayed as using their pikes this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26C758K4Fc0

So in an "Overhead" way rather then the "Underhead" way.

Perhaps there should also be a Spearwall option to stop enemies from passing by.

And as I said before, warfare in this era was mainly Pike and Shot. Pike is really missing a lot in this mod.

I'd suggest just having a Dutch Republic faction and a Spanish faction and work from there for Warband. While Spanish troops were known for their higher quality(Training/Equipment) this could be balanced out by letting the Dutch have x times more men in MP.

Edit:

Some clear pictures of Pikemen and how they wielded their pikes. Gues it asks for a unique animation.

piekenier2.jpg
02810_24.jpg
LEMU01_00102287-005_U.JPG

6, 10 and 14 show this as well

Maybe also a bracing option like the following picture:

piekenier.jpg

Back
Top Bottom