BNL EYW - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm surprised this hasn't been suggested, Kingdom management from Highlander. Hes always happy to share and it would greatly improve this mod.

It has been considered, to implant Kingdom Management, but we did not do it because it is a historical mod and making your own kingdom would be completely incorrect. But on the other hand, we decided that you should not follow the complete history, but that where you were set in it. So actually it can be considered.

And maybe we can consider another alternative for Highlanders Kingdom management because so many mods already use it. We will consider your suggestion seriously.

Good to be remembered on it, else I had completely forgot it :razz:>

Jezze said:
It has been considered, to implant Kingdom Management, but we did not do it because it is a historical mod and making your own kingdom would be completely incorrect. But on the other hand, we decided that you should not follow the complete history, but that where you were set in it. So actually it can be considered.

And maybe we can consider another alternative for Highlanders Kingdom management because so many mods already use it. We will consider your suggestion seriously.

Good to be remembered on it, else I had completely forgot it :razz:>

That'd be great addition to this wonderfully well done mod. Yeah, HL is the main one, theres a couple others though. 

I don't know if something like this has been suggested already, but maybe during naval battles, ships could move side by side for a while, maybe 2 minutes, then when the ships get close to each other,  bridges like the ones for sieges will drop down and connect the two ships?

Maybe if your troops are outnumbered, two ships could surround yours?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I didn't read through the thread.

Mr. Grimm said:
I don't know if something like this has been suggested already, but maybe during naval battles, ships could move side by side for a while, maybe 2 minutes, then when the ships get close to each other,  bridges like the ones for sieges will drop down and connect the two ships?

Maybe if your troops are outnumbered, two ships could surround yours?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I didn't read through the thread.

As far as I know, it is not. Your idea is pretty good and I am planning to improve the Naval Combat feature. Sailing besides each other seems to fit in good and so its a good suggestion. And because we are going to use new ship models, we need to look how we can do this to get the best results.

guys i love the idea of the eighty yers war! good job!
haven read everything, so if it has been said already, sorry...
for all the rifles/muskets u guys might wanna take a look at the 1866 mod, they made some good rifles, although for a later period u guys might be able to use it, ask em first though, think they would apreciate not stealing it  :grin: reloading animations and stuff, finger on the trigger and alike, might be worth a peek

I doubt their weapons would be any great of use since that mod is situated in the 19th century and BNL EYOW in the 17th century. So there is a 200 year difference. Maybe the animations would be nice to use, but I haven't started to work on those.

Thanks for your suggestions though, I might use them :wink:.

I'd like to see a good varieties of hats!!  :grin: As well the always never present Wheel lock pistol for the cavalry.

Edit:

Oh the most important thing I think many people misunderstand is the fact that during the period there pretty much were no such thing as uniforms. Soldiers fought in their civilian clothes! So to get a true historical feeling in the mod the soldiers should all be - in a possible extent - wearing different clothes and not look the same. I mean nothing was standardized, not even the calibre for the muskets, so it was a miscellaneous mix.

Great pic (beware it's huge):
Pike_and_shot_model.jpg

Thanks for your suggestion! I know they used mostly civilian clothes, only its kind of hard to get them. I am trying to make some new ship models first, since the artillery with the models is completely implented, with some minor bugs though.

Maybe I can try to retexture some to make some new armour.

I'm not sure if this was already suggested, but more mercenaries, and larger mercenary groups
-Swiss Pikemen
-German Landsknects
-Genoese Crossbowmen

Etcetera.

Schylerwalker said:
I'm not sure if this was already suggested, but more mercenaries, and larger mercenary groups
-Swiss Pikemen
-German Landsknects
-Genoese Crossbowmen

Etcetera.

These units rather belong in the late 1400s early 1500s.

hi guys, i was jsut surfing the net, doing some research for another mod, when i stumbled upon this site:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040209224446/http://hagen.let.rug.nl/~s0948535/EindOpdracht/Maps/Blaeu/BlaeuThumbNails.htm

I am not sure if u guys are about making the cities look historically correct, but if you are, there are some good maps on this site of Dutch cities back then, not sure of the time period though, might be a century or so later, dunno, anyway might be worth checking out, good luck with the  mod!

EDIT: oh just saw it is around 1650 or so, and found another one: http://www.let.rug.nl/~maps/frankderink/

Apstinentas said:
Does anyone suggested that you should make this mode compatible with warband or something? :mrgreen:

Yes, as you can see in this topic, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,123161.0.html, we are working on a multiplayer part for the mod for warband, and working on the single player for both warband and old mount&blade.

Marcus Wolfe said:
hi guys, i was jsut surfing the net, doing some research for another mod, when i stumbled upon this site:
http://web.archive.org/web/20040209224446/http://hagen.let.rug.nl/~s0948535/EindOpdracht/Maps/Blaeu/BlaeuThumbNails.htm

I am not sure if u guys are about making the cities look historically correct, but if you are, there are some good maps on this site of Dutch cities back then, not sure of the time period though, might be a century or so later, dunno, anyway might be worth checking out, good luck with the  mod!

EDIT: oh just saw it is around 1650 or so, and found another one: http://www.let.rug.nl/~maps/frankderink/

Thanks for the maps! We have planned to change the cities in the future, so they look more realistic. These maps would help a great deal :wink:.

always happy to help  :grin:

and i had some spare time, so i did a little artwork, nothing  really, done real quick, but i thought u guys might like it so here it is

artwork1.png

feel free to use it, would be nice if you gave me a little thank you, but nothing needed

There will be more over time, but not all will be listed here. More details will be given during the release or before it."This idea is quite reasonable. I also want to know this problem. Whether a meticulous again ugg?

Post edited by Jezze, due commercial crap that the person posted.

Back
Top Bottom