BNL EYW - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Peralta

Sergeant Knight
If you have the most splendid idea for an item, character, tweak, quest or anything else that you think would fit this mod, feel free to post it here  :smile:

Visit this topic for more suggestions; http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,91802.0.html

Maybe I forgot something, which I usually do, so please post if anything is missing according to you.

SUGGESTIONS IN V0.3 AS FEATURES OR GAMEPLAY

- Bridges, already in the bugfix, V0.21

- New Companions (read more here. Which will come in I cannot say at the moment. It will come on a later moment or a surprise :smile:.

- English and Native Tongue versions of items and troops, this will be in the bugfix, V0.21.

- More and balanced firearms, also new armors, weapons, items etc. Also be more historical correct.

- Improved map, especially landscape, edgy rivers etc. A few fixes will be done in the bugfix.

- New bandits, read more here.

- Artillery

- Spear Bracing Kit, (maybe)

- Improved version of Morale System, maybe, you can read more here.

- COMPLETE NEW MAP!! Decision made by Jezze. This because of its failure such as borders etc.

- And bugfixes ofcourse.

- Improved Naval Combat.

- Siege Artillery (In progress).

There will be more over time, but not all will be listed here. More details will be given during the release or before it.

*More firearms, muskets, and they have to do more damage. They're not deadly enough
*Much, much more forest, small hills on the map.

Verbeek said:
*More firearms, muskets, and they have to do more damage. They're not deadly enough

Please know that especially the Netherlands was completely not very hilled. Adding new forests shouldn't be a real problem, but the hills should be limited used I think.

Jezze said:
Verbeek said:

Please know that especially the Netherlands was completely not very hilled. Adding new forests shouldn't be a real problem, but the hills should be limited used I think.

I know  :grin:
but Belgium, especially to the south (one of our kings died falling from a cliff), en Luxembourg. Hill 'm up  :grin:

I just think the map looks kinda bald

Verbeek said:
Jezze said:
Verbeek said:

I know  :grin:
but Belgium, especially to the south (one of our kings died falling from a cliff), en Luxembourg. Hill 'm up  :grin:

I just think the map looks kinda bald

I agree with you. Its f*cking boring when you pay attention to the landscape.

Peralta said:
Verbeek, firearms + hills = frustration, go ask the guys from 1866 :p

If we use hills limited I assume it shouldn't be a large problem.

Peralta said:
Verbeek, firearms + hills = frustration, go ask the guys from 1866 :p

Nah not really, you need cover. The firearms-mods i've played never been frustrating

But you are right, the really hilly scenes, you know, where you always get frustrated on horseback too, should not be in this game

*Maybe some nice companions?
*removing the claimants

Make the firearms have a longer reload time,less accurate, and more damage.  I think this would add a sense of realism to firearms and more strategy to them.

I've played the beta version and I've seen some items that me don't like:
Many uniforms and arms seem medieval despite the re-texturation. still used shields in war?... javelins? The Spanish flag is totally wrong, the correct flag is which show my avatar. The other flag is the current flag, not the old.

Despite all this, I like much this mod, and I could contribute with some items if you want it.

Are there war of ships? I've built one, but enemies don't build none :sad:

Un saludo!!

kanon said:
I've played the beta version and I've seen some items that me don't like:
Many uniforms and arms seem medieval despite the re-texturation. still used shields in war?... javelins? The Spanish flag is totally wrong, the correct flag is which show my avatar. The other flag is the current flag, not the old.

Despite all this, I like much this mod, and I could contribute with some items if you want it.

Are there war of ships? I've built one, but enemies don't build none :sad:

Un saludo!!

* Many uniforms and arms seem medieval despite the re-texturation.
There aren't retextured or remoddeld again, just direct use from the OSP pack.

*still used shields in war?
Yes, they did. Not all of them, but several did.

*javelins?
Think they should be out of the mod. Should change them in the next.

*The Spanish flag is totally wrong, the correct flag is which show my avatar. The other flag is the current flag, not the old.
Ok, this can be corrected. Weird I didn't notice.

*Are there war of ships? I've built one, but enemies don't build none
There are several sea pirates parties, but factions do not build ships their own. I don't know how to do this yet but it could be a good idea.

*Despite all this, I like much this mod, and I could contribute with some items if you want it.
Thank you. We would be pleased if you would do so. We can always use help from other players. What kind of items do you have to offer actually?

I know the mod is a bit buggy right now, but by playing it, the bugs will be uncovered.

Right now I have a hat and a helmet, and I am modeling a armour. All based on the Spanish regiments. Next week I'll show it here.

I have a suggestion, Spanish pikemen should only give lunges with spears, not hitting. As lunges usually cause less damage, they would have to put more thrust damage.

Sorry if I only talk about Spanish faction because I don't know the other factions history. :???:

kanon said:
Right now I have a hat and a helmet, and I am modeling a armour. All based on the Spanish regiments. Next week I'll show it here.

I have a suggestion, Spanish pikemen should only give lunges with spears, not hitting. As lunges usually cause less damage, they would have to put more thrust damage.

Sorry if I only talk about Spanish faction because I don't know the other factions history. :???:

Lunges? You mean the thrust attacks? You are right about that. That should be changed. It would be great if you could show some work :grin:. The Spanish faction isn't really correct so we are happy that you can help us. My knowledge also limits it to the Lowlands factions because I do not know much of the Spanish expect what is in the books.:razz:

make bridges in stead of low water in rivers

and a ferry the the isles in north holland and zeeland

Really?

I'm puzzled\confused\intrigued. Can you provide any proof\explanation? Just out of curiosity.

Because some units in the mod look quite viking, or scottish, or somehow medieval, rather than early modern flemish.

Nikephoros said:

Really?

I'm puzzled\confused\intrigued. Can you provide any proof\explanation? Just out of curiosity.

Because some units in the mod look quite viking, or scottish, or somehow medieval, rather than early modern flemish.

This is because they are probably Fyrske and not flemish.
In those times the wars were still fought mostly by steel meeting steel on the battlefield. Archers were replaced by musketeers, but only by the armies which could manufacture these things, or afford it
Also, the flemish and dutch factions were rebelling against a trained army, so they started off as scattered bands of highwaymen and guerillas crippling the spanish armies.
It was not until the leaders took command, and until they had stolen enough gunpower from the spanish, that the real battles begun.
And still, most people didn't fight with 'modern' or 'proffesional' weaponry. Mostly medieval remnants

Back
Top Bottom