Bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Archevious said:
Yeah I think a bug allows you to do so. But I love ticking Howard off. In fact, I made a save just to kick his ass repeatedly.

Punched him out in the tavern upon recruiting :lol:

In my game several bugs happened, most have already been reported (and sometimes fixed), I used an older version:
  • The castle guard didn't want to talk to me about the tea - I just raided some caravans and it worked when I sneaked into town.
  • Howard the Whale has no weapons and I can't arm him so he is rather weak in combat.
    But I loved punching him out in the tavern.
  • From the start of the game you are owner of the fishing village and the harbor, the problem seems to be that they are assigned to none (troop 0) and your player is troop 0. Perhaps the easiest way would be to assign a lord as an owner...
  • I could recruit by talking to the village elder even when I couldn't recruit from the village menu.
  • In the final fight the king brought only about 80 men - my army was superior in both numbers (120) and skill (many elites).
    Could be intentional though.

Not a bug but something that looked a bit weird to me:
At the end I commanded troops of all factions (green, red and blue) so it sometimes was difficult to see who belonged to what side.

All in all it was lots of fun and I managed to get around any problem. I even managed to get a masterwork heavy bastard sword in the first fight against some enemy lord - it cost me half my army but that's still cheaper than what a merchant would want :cool:

Omfg.My game is ruined. when the whale dude :razz:  started fighting me i got out my axe and hit him over the head with it. now he wotn join my party and I cant ask him about the brother. Do i have to start again? If so,im not sure if i will :sad: Which is a shame As I was enjoying this mod

Im having problems defeating the king.  I confront him, challenge him to a duel, we fight on the field, and it says i dont have enough troops to defeat him.  I read what you said about how he has to be in his hall, but thats not really possible.  You see the king has been patrolling around one city for 2 ingame months.  :evil: 

ver1.2

freezed after pressed "Have a nice day" while talk with Armorer in Wismor

and, calandale wrote, Uncle William freezed, too

I don't know if this is a bug or the way you designed the mod.

I was helping my King to lay siege to a castle, but all of the men just stood there as the archers pummeled them with arrows. They didn't run up the ladder or anything. Well, actually, one at a time did. A few soldiers went right up to the wall and stood there instead, and the rest just stood in their spawn positions with their shields raised. Then one at a time would progress up the ladder until he was killed by arrows, then another until he was killed, so on and so forth. I mean, are they waiting for me to go up the ladder or something because that's just something I cannot do until my soldiers clear the way. I'd end up "unconscious" way too fast. One other thing is that it would seem that the archers would run out of arrows because they'd periodically calm down for about 30 seconds to a minute or so, and then they'd start right back up again.

Is this what you designed this mod to do in castle sieges? I mean there must be some reason you offer the war mod separately, but I thought that was just because at the end of the quest, somehow we were unable to continue taking over Astorionar.

Albertus Magnus said:
Berserker Pride said:
Found the solution to the can't fight the king problem.  The screen saying you don't have enough troops shows up if you try to fight him in the field.  If you talk to him while he is in a castle the battle will start properly.  Good work on the mod I like the end scene where you talk to everyone.

Ah alright, that might be. I always only tested it, when the king was in the castle. I'll have a look, why it is this way.
Thanks a lot!

Same problem here, king patrolling all the time around the city and cannot be attacked, all my men deserting because of low morale while waiting for him to return to castle.

MBMM said:
I don't know if this is a bug or the way you designed the mod.

I was helping my King to lay siege to a castle, but all of the men just stood there as the archers pummeled them with arrows. They didn't run up the ladder or anything. Well, actually, one at a time did. A few soldiers went right up to the wall and stood there instead, and the rest just stood in their spawn positions with their shields raised. Then one at a time would progress up the ladder until he was killed by arrows, then another until he was killed, so on and so forth. I mean, are they waiting for me to go up the ladder or something because that's just something I cannot do until my soldiers clear the way. I'd end up "unconscious" way too fast. One other thing is that it would seem that the archers would run out of arrows because they'd periodically calm down for about 30 seconds to a minute or so, and then they'd start right back up again.

Is this what you designed this mod to do in castle sieges? I mean there must be some reason you offer the war mod separately, but I thought that was just because at the end of the quest, somehow we were unable to continue taking over Astorionar.

Sieges aren't meant to be a big part of the mod. I didn't change anything about them.
I believe one or two castles were redone (to remove the snow...) maybe it was one of them
and the AI-mesh isn't working. I have to admit, that I didn't test that one, because (for the story)
there's no need to lay siege on castles.  :neutral: Still thanks for mentioning that and good luck for further playing!

clray said:
Same problem here, king patrolling all the time around the city and cannot be attacked, all my men deserting because of low morale while waiting for him to return to castle.

I don't know why that happens. I stopped working on bugfixing (it got really boring/annoying...) , so
I'm sorry to tell you, that you probably have to wait until he goes back to his damn town...  :neutral:
I'm really sorry about that, but I'd rather put energy in warband-future-project, than reworking
everything again and again...

Albertus Magnus said:
  :neutral: Still thanks for mentioning that and good luck for further playing!

Thanks, I'll just have to use the order my troops to help without me option in such a case from now on. Keep up the storyline mods, this game sort of really lacks without them. I mean really, if it's good without storylines, imagine, if they just added a bunch of them, but kept this open sandbox type play. I think it would really improve the game. Well, at least they had the foresight to encourage modding to become a large part of this game's enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom