A Standard way of recruitment

Users who are viewing this thread

infamybrain

Recruit
Guys i love this mod ALOT. There are things that seem to get in the way of this being a truely awesome mod tho. The biggest of all, has to be recruiting from villages :cry:. i mean in the middle ages cool, but i find it extremely hard to have a professional army. instead i'll have a army of peasants, and have to war it out, aalllll day to get a decent army only to have  a mass of causaualtys in a important battle then..back to peasant armys for awhile.

is there a better way to get some line regulars???
i mean like i tryed going to the pub, and man those guys want Tons of cash...

is there any way?

Not right now...
But for the Age of Blackpowder: Scandinavia for example will I still keep the recruit from villages. Just that you recruit the village soldiers. That is the Regulars...

I hope that is a better way. If you have a idea of an even better way. Please tell me... remember. keep the idea simple

maybe...
though it makes stuff more complex. And.. 600 denarii is way to low... 2000 denarii is more likely

and Denarii will be changed with "Gold"

like each  day you get troops depending on how poverty is and stuff than you collect the troops (have been training do they start out has regulars) like you would taxes for fiefs...

I like Polchers idea, but those recruitment centers would have to cost a lot. I actually also like the system as it is, as you can't have a dashing elite unit out of nothing. It takes some time to train them (and you level up in ror quite fast, so you and 1-2 companions should have quite decent training abilities). Also, in Venitius addon pack, you can recruit mediocre, unupgradeable line infantry to support your own faction troops until they get better.

In the next version, which should be released soon if JDeNef13 does the rest of the Dutch uniforms, there should be a higher recruitment rate and recruitable farmers and townsmen in taverns.

well if we will have recruitment centers i suggest its cheap to build but its not free either

you have to put money into the recruitment center and like how its whatever gold to recruit 1 man is how much it costs to recruit him

and training is free but slower then actual battle

Back
Top Bottom