[CC]: Age of Blackpowder: Calradian Colonization(DEVELOPMENT CONTINUED 12/6/10!)

Which time period do you want this set in?

• 1600s

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • 1700s

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • 1800s

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Arga said:
I think it's clean. I have no other add-on or patches.

Sounds like either your download was corrupted or a game issue.

As for ships, I'm sure I'll add them once I figure out how.

bjorne. said:
"Current Bugs:

Sweden recruits too many Finnish Marksmen.

France recruits too many Lancers/Light Infantry.

Russians still seem to be a bit overpowered."
about this.. I don't think you can change the France and Sweden problem without the Module System
and the russian thingy.. well.. that is a fact. whatever you do they end up overpowered..

Considering my changes already have made drastic recruiting differences, I'd say I can change them. The AI isn't stupid, though, and it recruits wisely. Though this is a very good thing, it's the reason you'll see huge amounts of officers/lancers/marksmen in various armies.

for future release do you plan to add any new armors/weapons/units relevant to 1678?

such as armors like this:
1678_2.jpg

1678_1.jpg

1672_1.jpg

img_muskets02lrg.jpg

and doglock and matchlock weapons:
gp5.jpg

snap5.jpg

PKT_right.103142905_std.jpg

and of course, pikemen.
1670%20Pikeman%20Coldstream%20Regiment%20of%20Foot%20Guards.jpg

pike and shot had a lot to do with warfare in the 1600's. the late half of the 17th century was mainly comprised of Pike and Shot Tactics it was the last era that used this formation before pikes were completely replaced by bayonets at the beginning of the 1700's.

Very good mod. Still needs work though since I see simple typos like Finnsh instead of Finnish lol. But keep it up, this mod is one of my favorites.

Macko said:
Very good mod. Still needs work though since I see simple typos like Finnsh instead of Finnish lol. But keep it up, this mod is one of my favorites.

I have noticed there are still some typos, mainly "Infantry" being called "Infantrie", an issue the developing team never got around to. I plan to fix it in the next update.

Speaking of which, I tested several combinations of stat edits and recruitment paths, but each time I continuously made recruitment completely glitch to the point where I was seeing no Grenadiers any where, armies with 100 officers/100 lancers, almost all-marksman Swedish armies, etc., so I don't expect an update too soon, as I need to figure out what keeps making the AI recruit such stupidly high numbers of certain units. It appears this version is the most stable, and the AI uses a decent balance of troops, but I will be testing more of the changes soon.

PrayForPlagues said:
for future release do you plan to add any new armors/weapons/units relevant to 1678?

such as armors like this:
1678_2.jpg

1678_1.jpg

1672_1.jpg

img_muskets02lrg.jpg

and doglock and matchlock weapons:
gp5.jpg

snap5.jpg

PKT_right.103142905_std.jpg

and of course, pikemen.
1670%20Pikeman%20Coldstream%20Regiment%20of%20Foot%20Guards.jpg

pike and shot had a lot to do with warfare in the 1600's. the late half of the 17th century was mainly comprised of Pike and Shot Tactics it was the last era that used this formation before pikes were completely replaced by bayonets at the beginning of the 1700's.

Quite possibly.

UPDATE: I'm currently working on a new version of my mod, which will (hopefully) fix the unit recruitment issues and any bugs/inaccuracies the current mod has. Currently, I only have Russia and Britain fixed for the full non-beta release. Here's a preview:

Great Britain

A combination of three nations (England, Wales, Scotland), England has a good deal of diversity, ranging from Welsh Fusiliers to British Infantrymen to Highlanders. The British regular infantry are the best shots in the game. Their melee abilities are average, so they can hold their own, but they aren't as proficient in melee as they are in ranged combat. Highlanders, armed with bardiches, provide an elite melee backbone to the armies.

Pros: Excellent infantry, strong cavalry

Cons: Small unit numbers

Tsarist Russia

Russia is a vast country, the largest in the world, and it also has nearly unlimited manpower. Regular Russian infantry are atrocious shots, but are superior in melee to the other factions. Also, their units are very inexpensive, giving them a good number advantage. Though most are poor shots, Hillmen from as far away as Siberia and beyond provide the firing backbone, and are overall the most accurate irregular troop in the game. The Russians fight with fierce determination, and can prove quite an opponent despite their shortcomings.

Pros: Excellent melee troops, Hillmen are excellent shots, Can use sheer number to win the day

Cons: Regular ranged units have dreadful accuracy, Inexperienced units

Is there a possibility to upload the mod on an other website. MBRepository is quite slow. Filefront perhaps? :smile:

JDeNef13

Banastre said:
Russia finally nerfed
Pros: Excellent melee troops, Hillmen are excellent shots, Can use sheer number to win the day

+1
Banastre said:
Swedish Grenadier replaced with Danish Heavy Infantryman. Though a poor shot, this unit serves as the melee elite of Sweden's armies.
Why Danish? Denmark wasn't a part of Sweden. Is it for gameplay purposes?

UnholyNighmare said:
Banastre said:
Russia finally nerfed

+1
Banastre said:
Swedish Grenadier replaced with Danish Heavy Infantryman. Though a poor shot, this unit serves as the melee elite of Sweden's armies.
Why Danish? Denmark wasn't a part of Sweden. Is it for gameplay purposes?

Danish Heavy Infantrymen will be removed final release.

Banastre said:
Highlanders, armed with bardiches, provide an elite melee backbone to the armies.

The lochaber axe was a close cousin to the bardiche, but I'd think claymores would also show up into the mix (the two-hander arther than the more modern one-hander)

Here's my progress so far:

1. Great Britain and Russia completely revised (Streltsy are no longer steamrollers)

2. Kingdom of Svea changed to Kingdom of Prussia, given a redesigned troop tree with realistic stats

3. Most unit stats/recruitment paths revised

4. Some faction leaders modified, Generalfeldmarschall von Blucher added as Prussian faction leader

5. Rebelling mob replaced with Spanish and Portuguese Guerillas (allied with Great Britain), absolutely no known issues with them yet (they even join battles to assist the British)

6. Wood lurkers replaced with Franco-Spanish Loyalists (allied with France)

Current bugs:

1. Britain may be a bit too powerful now

2. Some recruitment glitches still exist

3. Prussia is still called Svea

4. Austria hasn't yet been revised

For all you CC fans, we're getting a commercial, along with other major mods, for the upcoming version of AOB!

Back
Top Bottom