Faction Patrols

Users who are viewing this thread

ragnarokk1966

Sergeant
Hello,

If you have played the mod The Eagle and The Wolves ( I love that mod ), you have seen the faction patrols he has roaming around the map. I love that feature but can not figure out how it was done.  I have searched the forum unsuccessfully to see if I could find how to do this. ( Must be using the worng keyword or something). I played around in python with the parties.py and just cant seem to get it to work.  Any ideas or code snippets or even a link on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Lumos's outposts kit.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,80871.0.html

There also a fort kit somewhere, but I don't know if it has patrol.

The outpost kit isn't quite what I was looking for.  The patrols I'm trying to implement are like lord parties but without the lord and much smaller, only 20 to 50 troops. And they are tied to a faction so all factions have these mini patrols as well as the lord parties. I almost want to set them up like a bandit party but those are tied to spawn points.  Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to make mini lord parties without the lords.  Any ideas?

Well, without having tested anything whatsoever:

Go into module_triggers.py, and uncomment this:

##      (try_begin),
##        (store_random_in_range, ":random_no", 0, 100),
##        (lt, ":random_no", 10),
##        (call_script, "script_create_kingdom_party_if_below_limit", ":cur_kingdom", spt_patrol),
##      (try_end),

then go to module_scripts.py and uncomment this:

##        (eq, ":party_type", spt_patrol),
##        (assign, ":party_count_limit", 1),
##      (else_try),

and this

##        (assign, ":party_template", "pt_patrol_party"),
#        (assign, ":party_name_str", "str_s7_patrol"), <---- keep this outcommented
##      (else_try),

It might be much more complicated than that, just an idea..

Like Cruger said, it's just an idea for your own mod. It is hard to find anything that is "exact". Ask Lumos to borrow the code and modify it to your own need.

Cruger said:
Well, without having tested anything whatsoever:

Go into module_triggers.py, and uncomment this:

##      (try_begin),
##        (lt, ":random_no", 10),
##        (call_script, "script_create_kingdom_party_if_below_limit", ":cur_kingdom", spt_patrol),
##      (try_end),

##        (assign, ":party_count_limit", 1),
##      (else_try),

and this

#        (assign, ":party_name_str", "str_s7_patrol"), <---- keep this outcommented
##      (else_try),

is it works ? somebody tested it ?

dunde said:
Gniewomir said:
is it works ? somebody tested it ?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.msg2331555.html#msg2331555

I tested that code from the script exchange a while back and it didn't seem to work correctly.  The party spawns with zero troops from what I remember, the dialogs were messed up, the party didn't move, etc.  It probably would be possible to get it working, but I think a little more code is necessary.

I'm just suprised it partially worked, all I did was searching abit around for "patrol" and uncomment whatever I found. Hokie is right, more coding is needed to make it work for real.

I have implemented patrols for each faction in my mod and it is very well working. I will put the code tomorrow, as I don't have enough time right now.

i found something like this in party_tempelates :
("patrol_party","Patrol",icon_gray_knight|carries_goods(2)|pf_show_faction,0,fac_commoners,soldier_personality,[]),
no troops in party , i could add some but i want different units for each faction

Hi all ,
I have been trying to get this in my mod too, I found this code for it but it stiil does not work :???:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.450.html  at the bottom of the page

Has anyone got a clue how to get it to work??

Sorry for the late reply and necro.

I had the same issue with appearing of only 0 troops in the parties. There is an easy solution for this :wink:.

Look up this code in the module_scripts file.

Code:
#(eq, ":party_type", spt_patrol),
#(party_add_template, ":result", ":reinforcements_a"),
#(party_add_template, ":result", ":reinforcements_b"),

And comment them out EXCEPT the line of reinforcements_a. Then compile your module and the patrols will contain troops of the belonging factions!

When you compile without commenting out reinforcement_a, then your build_module_check_tags will give the notification of a
usage of variable :reinforcements_a.

Hope this helps.

ok i have do this:

##      (try_begin),
##         (lt, ":random_no", 10),
##      (try_end),

##         (eq, ":party_type", spt_patrol),
##         (assign, ":party_count_limit", 1),
##      (else_try),

and this

## (eq, ":party_type", spt_patrol),
##      (else_try),

#(eq, ":party_type", spt_patrol),
#(party_add_template, ":result", ":reinforcements_a"),
#(party_add_template, ":result", ":reinforcements_b"),

the ------------ Words are delet

Back
Top Bottom