Russians - I'm Sick of Them

Users who are viewing this thread

Banastre

Sergeant
I'm sick of getting owned every other battle just because Russians have overpowered infantry. Seriously, this issue has been documented for months now. Are you even trying to balance out the faction any more? I think there was a new update recently, as I have noticed the Russians aren't spamming Cossack infantry as much, but their units have too high of stats. They have dead-aim accuracy and slaughter enemies in melee. I'm getting sick of it.

Venitius said:
There was an update for the Russians?

Eh, I wrongly thought there was. Looking at older threads, I've seen several features for planned updates as far back as June that never even came close to being finished, but apparently this mod's more or less dead now thanks to the Scandinavia and Ottoman mods. Seriously, they should fix the damn issues with the current version before making expansions. Only reason I'm angry is because this mod had a lot of potential, but I suppose it's dying.

Well I'm trying to fix these issues with my add-on anyway. And the expansions aren't really chugging along, as far as I know.

Venitius said:
Well I'm trying to fix these issues with my add-on anyway. And the expansions aren't really chugging along, as far as I know.

This thread more shows the fact that promised updates never are released than it shows that Russians are overpowered. Nothing is chugging along in this mod it seems, and it seems as if bjorne and the dev team's abandoned it.

Ohh lord.. I remember Gimp when i was trying to make my Danish faction for Napoleonic Total War 2 mod (for RTW). I've had some very frustrated hours trying to get everything wright.

back on topic: The mod is not dead as you think. Bjorn is still around. Besides.. I have devised a strategem of how to best beat the crap out of the russians. The strategy includes, running away from them if you're at war with them, avoid getting outnumbered by them, make sure you have alot of allies if you're fighting them, and flank them, fire a few volleys and charge. If you follow these tactics you will have a nice chance of survival, and a good chance of driving a beyonete into the back of the badguys :smile: Though the guys that I really hate are the Oplechins (sp?) their Berdiche really packs a whollop and sends me packing everytime if there is more than 1 that is attacking me  :shock:

First of to tell a story.. It is quite short... it goes like this...

"I make the mod. I decide how the devolopment goes. You have no right to anger on it. You pay no money for it."

Okey. Now when that is complete. Will I say that I have not abandoned AOB. However Realm of Revolution. I kinda have... Maybe me doing a small wrap around on it.. fixing some small bugs I don't know.. But right now have I lost all faith in it..

bjorne. said:
First of to tell a story.. It is quite short... it goes like this...

"I make the mod. I decide how the devolopment goes. You have no right to anger on it. You pay no money for it."

Okey. Now when that is complete. Will I say that I have not abandoned AOB. However Realm of Revolution. I kinda have... Maybe me doing a small wrap around on it.. fixing some small bugs I don't know.. But right now have I lost all faith in it..

Exactly my point, and that's why I'm frustrated. This mod had so much potential and would've been an excellent choice for those wanting musket battles, but even with a team and coding skills at your disposal, you just gave up on the mod, even after you said you'd fix the bugs, such as the Russians being overpowered.

bjorne. said:
it's not hard fixing it...
why not learn to do it yourself?

I've already begun editing castle names and vassal names to more realistic equivalents, and I've fixed several issues so far. I can't figure out how to edit troop stats though. Right now, Cossacks are the basic melee units of Russia, but 5 can kill a line of 15 British medium-tier troops.

Banastre said:
bjorne. said:
it's not hard fixing it...
why not learn to do it yourself?

I've already begun editing castle names and vassal names to more realistic equivalents, and I've fixed several issues so far. I can't figure out how to edit troop stats though. Right now, Cossacks are the basic melee units of Russia, but 5 can kill a line of 15 British medium-tier troops.

I'd be more worried about those damned Streltzy bastards.. ****ing hell those guys might as well have chainsaws because once in melee they mean ****ing buisness... at least they suck at range so med. tier units have a chance to take pot shots at them but again, they're like men possesed with those damn Birdiches!... I call them the killer elf's coz their goofy red hat makes them look like santa's army of evil elfs! Seriously if there's 10 of them meleeing my guys litterally means i'm going to lose 30 men in less than half a minute! cossack inf i couldnt care less... they don't have guns and their sabre does less damage than the Streltzy  :roll:

Back
Top Bottom