1866 - FAQ and Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

When fighting Indians or others that rely heavily on horses try killing the horses.  It's a bigger target and they will be easier to fight once they are on their feet.

After a bank rob the owner of the Bank, Alexander, attacked and captured my hotel. Was that a reaction to the bank rob or the dropped relation?

LukeS said:
When fighting Indians or others that rely heavily on horses try killing the horses.  It's a bigger target and they will be easier to fight once they are on their feet.

Something else that works really well is making that Indian party chase you. Wait until you are close to a village and then turn around and attack the indian party. The custom scene that loads will be that lot of the town/village and importantly the indians will be dismounted. You can gun them down at a distance as they run towards you.

A couple of questions I hope someone can answer:

1) How many companions are there? I've only found 3.

2) How do you find out where your companions are? (there's no travellers?)

3) Who do you sell prisoners to? (There's no slave trader?)

4) What's the mine for? (I explored it and found nothing)

5) Where is the 'graveyard'? (I was challenged to a duel but I couldn't found a graveyard in El Rio or on the map)

Cheers

I don't know if anyone use it but, "hold fire"&"fire at will" is very useful against cavalry. My soldiers killed 3 cavalry units before they charged in my recent game.

AlphaDelta said:
I think there are about 5 or so. I've got the Chinese, Dr Valentine, Harrison (is that his name?) and the Clown :wink:.

AlphaDelta said:
5) Where is the 'graveyard'? (I was challenged to a duel but I couldn't found a graveyard in El Rio or on the map)
How did you get to be challenged?

AlphaDelta said:

The graveyard is located between San Casteabro and the Rio Grande - a little bit up a hill/mountain. It's not visible on the map until you get close - like that ghost town Tull. Quite cool places, both of them.  :grin:

Articulo34 said:
Eumolpus said:
AlphaDelta said:
I think there are about 5 or so. I've got the Chinese, Dr Valentine, Harrison (is that his name?) and the Clown :wink:.
Dont forget Carl Bine.

There's also a guy named Charles Huntington.

go to rio etc. pay for the boat to one of the 3 towns and with luck some robbers came and you must fight, but the most time you musn´t fight.

lucky lancer said:
Articulo34 said:
Eumolpus said:
AlphaDelta said:
Dont forget Carl Bine.
There's also a guy named Charles Huntington.
Right. Huntington, not Harrison, pardon me :oops:.

AlphaDelta said:
How did you get to be challenged?
There's a little alleyway in El Rio, on the right side of the town.

Cheers
So is this the alley you were saying? Because I didn't find anything there, except for the three dummies I shot down as you can see:
mb24.png
Other than that, the only thing I found particularly interesting was the prostitute wandering around. Is she relevant to the challenge?

Eumolpus said:
So is this the alley you were saying? Because I didn't find anything there, except for the three dummies I shot down as you can see:
mb24.png
Other than that, the only thing I found particularly interesting was the prostitute wandering around. Is she relevant to the challenge?
It's not El Rio, it's that other Mexican city near El Paso. The graveyard is north of it (as that guy tells you).

Back
Top Bottom