1866 - FAQ and Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Highlander said:
Eumolpus said:
So is this the alley you were saying? Because I didn't find anything there, except for the three dummies I shot down as you can see:
mb24.png
Other than that, the only thing I found particularly interesting was the prostitute wandering around. Is she relevant to the challenge?
It's not El Rio, it's that other Mexican city near El Paso. The graveyard is north of it (as that guy tells you).

yeah san casteabro

This is not the question thread. Post your questions here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,83822.0.html
I will delete any further questions/answers to questions.

Hint-1
The real crosshair is the one in first person view. In third person view you should aim a bit upwards to hit the intended target. It is a native bug, nothing to do with the mod.

Hint-2
There is a bullet drop effect in the mod. But it is hard to notice it unless the distance is long. And pistol bullets drop more than rifle bullets because of velocity difference. You will adapt it by time.

I use it at the beginning of every battle.
Darn recruits won't follow orders when reloading.
*edit, referring to the usage of "hold fire" + "fire at will"

Brasilian said:
where do i sell the prisioners? i mean there is a place to sell them already?

Search around in this board, realise this question has popped up a lot before and then go and be ashamed of yourself...

Peralta said:
Brasilian said:
where do i sell the prisioners? i mean there is a place to sell them already?

Search around in this board, realise this question has popped up a lot before and then go and be ashamed of yourself...

i didn´t found anything about selling prisioners in this thread, and its the GUIDE thread, so,if you don´t know the answer or if you don´t whant to answer, you really don´t need to post anything cus believe me, your post didn´t contribuid in nothing for the mod  :wink:

insomniac said:
no selling prisoners for now. You will find a slave trader in kuhtu, in the next version.

thanks for the answer  :grin:

Does Horse Archery influence shooting guns from horses? I saw some highend mounted riflemen with 3 in that skill and was wondering.

rasz said:
Does Horse Archery influence shooting guns from horses? I saw some highend mounted riflemen with 3 in that skill and was wondering.

Yes, it does. That's why we renamed it to horseback accuracy.

Penis Colada said:
rasz said:

You mean in next version? Its still horse accuracy in 0.8. I tried it in 0.7, gave it 3 points and there was no noticeable difference compared to native and bow (where 3 removes almost half of the penalty).

I got more questions concerning skills :
- Does Looting influence enemy drops by any chance? Afaik in native its only about looting villages and nothing more.
- Does Power throw increase dynamite damage? or maybe throw range?
- Does the Wagon work in 0.8? I got it in 0.7 and it did not add +1 to Inventory Management.
- Same for the Compass item, it increased "trail-blazing?" in 0.7, but there was no such skill.
- What does "small delay between blabla" for high end Rifle ammo with stockpiling +4 mean? It almost sounds like this ammo is somehow worse than normal one.

I think thats all I was confused about.
Now im gonna go and play me some  0.8 yay!

rasz said:
Penis Colada said:
rasz said:

You mean in next version? Its still horse accuracy in 0.8. I tried it in 0.7, gave it 3 points and there was no noticeable difference compared to native and bow (where 3 removes almost half of the penalty).

I got more questions concerning skills :
- Does Looting influence enemy drops by any chance? Afaik in native its only about looting villages and nothing more.
- Does Power throw increase dynamite damage? or maybe throw range?
- Does the Wagon work in 0.8? I got it in 0.7 and it did not add +1 to Inventory Management.
- Same for the Compass item, it increased "trail-blazing?" in 0.7, but there was no such skill.
- What does "small delay between blabla" for high end Rifle ammo with stockpiling +4 mean? It almost sounds like this ammo is somehow worse than normal one.

I think thats all I was confused about.
Now im gonna go and play me some  0.8 yay!

If you knew how to read, you could have answered all your own questions.

omg crossbows are now long guns, no wonder i couldnt hit anything with a rifle in my previous game!

I localized the problem, instead of running 1866_0.8.exe I just extracted it with a right click/extract like I did earlier with Europe 1200 mod. The difference in size at first glance is 4 files and 2 folders, Language files for example went to $_OUTDIR folder. Now I see installer does some magic with copying files from /Native folder.
I realize its my fault, but some info next to download link about running installer instead of manual extract would be usefull.

Schneider8 said:
guys i thought there will be more siege battles in version 0.8  but factions still don't besiege enemy forts  :sad:

Wierd, it's day 25 in my game, and Commanches, Appaches and US have each taken over at least 1 Mexican fortress already...
And the bandits are sieging too, not as often, but still.

Peralta said:
Schneider8 said:
guys i thought there will be more siege battles in version 0.8  but factions still don't besiege enemy forts  :sad:

Wierd, it's day 25 in my game, and Commanches, Appaches and US have each taken over at least 1 Mexican fortress already...
And the bandits are sieging too, not as often, but still.

i have the day 25 too but forts, cities and hotels have still their default owners

Back
Top Bottom