Author Topic: New Companions Project  (Read 17908 times)

Danny-Q

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • M&BWB
Re: New Companions Project
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2009, 07:09:50 PM »
Super Kitty Trollslayer:
Your idea has a serious lack of substance, might want to add to it before throwing it out there. Even if only to better your chances.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:14:27 PM by Danny-Q »

Berserker Pride

• Fearless Scripter of the Berserk Mod
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: CoR_Berserker
  • WB
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 01:28:54 AM »
I'm getting really close to having enough maybe only need five more here is the complete list.
Casca
Rickert
Farnese
Serpico
Erica
Shierke
Evarella
Puck
Silat
Morgan
Monkey boy(you know who I mean)
Theresa
Azan
Valonne
Deatheye
Percus
Berserker Roberts(no description yet he uses the Berserker's Pride)
Karl Tronsbergen
Jango the Slayer
Dareth
Inspector Garrov
Lysette
Ma Zhou
Dankell
Dasharon
Korven
Grimbold?(I might think of a new name he sounds too dwarfish or giantish)
Magnifico de Vandimon
Roderick

Wow that is 29.   That could be enough depending how I want to split up the possibility to get one depending on who the player is.  For example Gutts kingdom will have its own lords comprised of Gutts band and any heroes that wouldn't join you.  This would be if you aren't Gutts in the story.

Also Percus and Deatheye do you have a little bit of backstories for your characters?  Seeing as you are both cameos you don't have to have a huge extended story behind them but a quick one would be helpful.  Stuff like who they previously worked for and maybe a bit about their personality.
So far you get Deatheye from one of the Forest bandit chiefs and Percus you get from a royal lancer(as he uses the same armor.  So far I have him as a loyal midland soldier.  Not big on leadership but a trustworthy guy but that is a 2 second backstory feel free to change it.

Also MorrisB about Jango he would join Gutts under the right situation right?  I've just been adding the intro dialogues about the new characters.  Lysette ended up with an interesting intro where she reveals that she is really a woman(as musketeers aren't women it wouldn't make sense for one of them to morf into a female.) This actually fits perfectly with her backstory.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 10:24:59 AM by Berserker Pride »

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2009, 05:34:06 PM »
You keeping the whole "Get the NPCs after 60 days of X troop type in army?" thing?  Or will it be a new method?

Including like the Royal Lancer and Forest Bandit Chief ones? 

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 12:29:46 AM »
Yea I am going to keep that method for a lot of the characters.  It forces you to build your forces and companion pool gradually.  Deatheye is a bit of a special character so it isn't easy to get him(Forest Chief's are rare only one per enemy forest bandit party.)

Death3ye

• Regular
  • Ruthless Tester of the Berserk Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 03:35:33 PM »
My char:

Name: Death Eye (his real name is unknown)

Race: Human Male

Origin: Holy See

Appearance: He wears a hood so you can not see his face. Also he wears armor that he hides with a robe.

Story: Death Eye lived in a noble family until his family was executed by an high ranked general. After that he left Holy See and began a new life. As he traveled through the land, he met a group of assassins. Death Eye joined them as a recruit. After many years of training and many assassinations later Death Eye became  a master assassin. He assassinated the general but the general was still alive because he was a demon. Death Eye fought against him and lost but he managed to escape.

Personality:Wants revenge, Brutal, loves to kill and uses all methods to kill his target.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:56:29 PM by Death3ye »

MorrisB

• Knight
  • Loremaster of SOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 07:27:35 PM »
@Berserker Pride: whoa, good thing you reminded me of "Staff Characters". We have 29 companions already ? Wow. Didn't notice. Really...

In any case, I think each of us should think of how these companions would get hired. Sure, a couple of them could show up in Taverns, as it is a typical place to find mercenaries, but it should be a challenge to get the majority. You mentioned Jango, for example. I thought Jango could randomly spawn in the map with a small group of Bakiraka Assassins and Bakiraka Huntresses and roam around, hunting the Beasts (trolls, ogres etc.). In case his group falls, he respawns. When spotted, the Player may decide to give a hand in his battles. At first, he tells you off. Second time he makes note of your skills. Third time he compliments. Finally, fourth time he offers to join your band or something. I don't know if this is possible to code, maybe some triggered quickbattles would be easier to make (let's say you approach Jango and the trigger activates the quickbattle, then speak-Jango disappears-spawns at a different location-follow and trigger next quickbattle-etc...).
"I am the chronicler. I shall record your adventures in my book of legends. Tell me of your deeds."

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 08:43:50 PM »
I'm not going to have any in taverns. Taverns are a good place to find mercs but not trustworthy companions.  A lot of them will use the upgrade to a hero method and a few will seek you out after your kingdom gets established. In particular Jango and Dasharon are necessary for your kingdom to get Bakiraka training and gunpowder weapons respectively. In a future version I will probably have you meet Jango in the field but for this version he will come to you. He will join Gutts but doesn't trust him enough to bring the Bakiraka with him. Now that kingdom management is finally complete I just need joining dialogue for all the companions.  This just leaves transforming apostles, the Black Swordsman arc, and the becoming an apostle quests to complete.  And the Theresa/Big Sister/Karl Tronsbergen stories.  I'd also like to look at being able to hire mercenary commanders from taverns.  A lot of players will probably want to promote their companions to vassals as soon as possible.

EDIT: Except for that one guy of Kazzans. He will be the only one to show up in a tavern.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:09:57 AM by Berserker Pride »

Tsunai

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • u fight me i bite u
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2009, 10:59:14 PM »
i have an idea for a Companion more like a teen who's family was killed and you are the last guardian for him.

NAME:  Tsunai

Race: half elf / or human (either one you want)

Appearance: 5'10'' Blue eyes Black hair like Aragons for LOTR

Background:  Family killed in a bandit raid comes to you because you are the last Guardian for him

Personality:  Sometimes Down and gloomy loves to kill bandits,  fight ect.

Fighting style: Ranged/melee Uses longbow and one handed swords light armor no helm maybe a hood 

Danny-Q

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2009, 11:21:07 PM »
MorrisB? I've seen the light, I love your characters, and am glad they take up the majority of the spaces for original characters in this mod.
Not half as 'original character' as some of these other ones...

The ones on the list look good, it'll be interesting to encounter them in the updated version of the game (having all that backup will be a serious boon, walkthrough will need some details on how knigdom management will work in this BP, sounds like it'll be time-consuming but rewarding)

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2009, 12:11:41 AM »
Yeah it will be important to spell it out.  In truth though the rules of the new kingdom management system are fairly simple.

Super Kitty Trollslayer

• Recruit
  • Permanently Banned
  • Destroyer of Trolls and Flamer of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2009, 01:26:21 AM »
Super Kitty Trollslayer:
Your idea has a serious lack of substance, might want to add to it before throwing it out there. Even if only to better your chances.

Its because noone knows him.
O yeah, it's longest post on that forum... Let's make that guy our Administrator...
@topic. Mat, can you tell us some news? And... your forum is ekhem...

You're awfully cynical for someone who loves a deceased child molester.

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2009, 02:35:02 AM »
Any new characters would preferably be more human than anything else. Also I need characters more for the non-Gutts storyline now. During the non-Gutts storyline Gutts will form his own kingdom with his band and a lot of the canon Berserk characters as his lords.  So I am mostly missing potential companions and lords for the become an apostle quest.

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2009, 02:49:51 AM »
I'd say Lysette and Ma Zhou could both work for either the "Become and Apostle" or the Gutts Ally or Gutts proper storylines.  :)  Just my own thoughts.

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2009, 03:00:52 AM »
I think I have those two in both. You will get Ma Zhou when you are at war with the Kushan and have your own kingdom. Lysette is a hero upgrade from rahna handgonner. She reveals that after two months that yes she is a woman just as you tell her you want to promote her. 

It would be pretty cool to have enough heroes to form their own band of warriors just like the mod for an older version of the same name.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:23:22 AM by Berserker Pride »

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2009, 05:06:59 AM »
Three months with a handgunner?  Or a grenadier?  (Yeah yeah, I invented her!  I want to know how to get her ICly ASAP once the version with her comes out!)