Author Topic: New Companions Project  (Read 17895 times)

Berserker Pride

• Fearless Scripter of the Berserk Mod
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: CoR_Berserker
  • WB
Re: New Companions Project
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »
Awesome that is the one.  I'll swap her for master sapper.

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 12:02:46 AM »
Since this is my creation, now I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing her in action once you've gotten the weapons coded!  Any chance for a mini-patch?  :p

(OK, seriously, not that impatient)

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 12:03:35 AM »
I've actually been working on a mini-patch.  Kingdom Management has delayed it a bit.

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 12:35:57 AM »
Can't wait!

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 08:32:08 PM »
Ok thanks for all the submissions so far.  Feel free to update the OP to include all of them as confirmed so far Morris.  I just realized that Jango the Slayer has the exact skin colour of the Iron Assassins.  Which makes him a perfect upgrade from them as a hero.  I'll just put a couple variations of his weapon ingame and boom done.  I actually made a default upgrade from them already but he didn't have a character yet.  And remember to get me those facecodes.  It's hard to make a face from a brief text description and it certainly won't look nearly how you would have envisioned it.  Good work on Lysette's Dulahan face she is a cool looking woman. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 08:42:14 PM by Berserker Pride »

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 09:12:16 PM »
It's weird.  I keep trying to come up with more.  Yet there's already so many in the anime and Manga, especially The Hawks, that it is hard to come up with something that isn't already covered.  Especially fighting style wise. 

Here's another attempt

Name: Ma Zhuo

Race: Human, Male

Origin: Other side of Kush - or far parts of said empire

Appearance: Slanted eyes, dark hair.  More specifically, colorful, light custom armor of a unique design.  He's an assassin from a village that's suffered horribly from the Kushan attacks.  Not a Bakiraka, but with similar skills.

0x000000037f00238b4d2faeb7a4ee553300000000001e35bd0000000000000000

Background: From the village of the Misty Falls (In translation), his people suffered a rather typical fate when the Kushan attacked their empire.  They lost in the face of the powerful and demonic forces.  Yet not all have given up.  Ma Sunzhao has followed the Kushans, waging his own little guerrilla war ever since.  Whoever should face them will be an ally.  To his own people he would be called a "Xia" - a Knight.  A Hero.  And he still considers himself such, even if he has to fight his battle alone, until now.  (I'd see him somehow joining up around the same time the major Kushan push comes.  If PC isn't an apostle in training, or isn't serving Kush...  Or with Falconia, if the player is and apostle in training).  Alternately, perhaps a prisoner in one of the newly conquered cities?  And joins you on being rescued?

Personality: Actually quite friendly.  A very loyal companion, the sort of person you want to hang out with.  Interesting at the drinking table, free with a laugh and story.  And there for you if you need him.  He's quite fervently opposed to the Kushans.  Yet that is it. 

Fighting Style - Some sort of flexible weapon, whether a 3-section staff, or a flying guillotine, or even some sort of 'iron whip'.  And if this doesn't seem to look good, then something else more distinctly "Chinese" - perhaps a Chinese style crescent halberd or Guan Do,  or even a 9-ring sword.  Essentially, just anything that looks exotic.  And definitely in the 'fast' fighter fighting style.  I'd have him as max athletics and strong power-blow and iron-skin. 

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 09:16:51 PM »
Flexible weapons have been kicking my ass lately.  But I did see a sweet pic of a Dadao just recently.  It's a pretty awesome looking weapon.  I don't imagine this guy would have anything against Falconia though.  So far in the manga they have been nothing but saints.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 09:19:00 PM by Berserker Pride »

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2009, 09:18:47 PM »
Indeed it is!  Especially if you model a red tassel to the hilt.

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »
Yea I'll try to get the tassel in there.

MorrisB

• Knight
  • Loremaster of SOD
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 01:39:42 PM »
What I'd like to see is a horse archer hero (mongolian) or a horsemen who fights with a glaive (chinese warlord style)... both would be pretty useful and original companions but I can hardly fit those into the Berserk universe. The best thing I can think of is saying that these guys are from a distant corner of the Kushan Empire, but perhaps it would be too non-canonical... what do you think of the concepts BS ?
"I am the chronicler. I shall record your adventures in my book of legends. Tell me of your deeds."

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2009, 03:32:26 PM »
The one I just came up with would be a very good fit for the glaive (A Guan Do). 

And given it is based on the Real World slightly, no reason it couldn't be added.

Kazzan

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2009, 06:11:32 PM »
Name: Dareth

"My honor has always been my life! Revenge and honor, thats what I strive for in this acursed land"

Race: Human, male
Origin: Tudor

Appearance: White skinned, has a mustache and no beard. He has blue eyes and otherwise he has the looks of a regular guy.

Story: Dareth was born in Tudor, there he fought in their army, his faher fought at Doldrey and was slain by the white hawk. Later after the war, he did not join the tudor civil war. He was one of the men who hunted the shattered band of the hawk, but when he recieved news that the raid leader had returned he stopped. Guts was rumored to have slain a hundred men. After that he wandered the world fighting for survival, until he recieved news of Griffits return. During his wanders he had gathered a band of warriors and now he is aiming for revenge against Griffith.

Fighting Style: Prefers a sword and shield, the shield must be small enough to fit on horseback. He can fight on foot, but he prefers horseback.

Joining Gutts: Gutts comes across Dareth in a bar shouting out his anger towards Griffith, you have the option to either ignore him or tell him about yur shared quest wich will lead to him joining your group.

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 08:16:07 PM »
An HA companion could be nomadic.  I have a few Horse Archers as part of the Kushan forces.  They look more tribal though not so much mongolian.  Your guy could be one of them.  As for the Chinese Glaivesman he could be following the Kushan as Dulahan has mentioned.  He would wear more Kushan armor but have a chinese face.  He would be a little anacronistic but not too much so.  As he would only be one character he would be more of an oddity than anything else.
Dareth could be a good everyman type of character.  Gutts would probably point out in there little conversation that it may well have been him who killed his father.  But he would also point out that in a time of war as they are in such things need to be set aside.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 08:49:14 PM by Berserker Pride »

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2009, 08:39:24 PM »
*puts on historian hat*

Honestly, even the Manga is pretty anachronistic.  We've got a guy based on a second century Indian King invading 15th-16th century Europe with an army that looks like it came right out of the late Sassanian and Byzantine armies of the 5th and 6th centuries.  So I don't think anachronism is a very big deal.  ;)

Super Kitty Trollslayer

• Recruit
  • Permanently Banned
  • Destroyer of Trolls and Flamer of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 05:59:15 PM »
Name: Mirtis La Morte

Race: Human Male

Origin: Unknown

Appearance: Very pale, as if he's Death himself. Has jet-black hair. Has a constant grin. Clean shaven. Has grey eyes. A slightly longer face. Wears a wide-brimmed hat.

Story: Has traveled far and wide, learning anything that he can. That's all people know about him. The rest is mystery...

Personality: Wise, but very odd, almost insane.

Fighting Style: Has a double-sided spear where the blades are connected to the spear shaft through iron chains, thus making his attacks more fluid.

O yeah, it's longest post on that forum... Let's make that guy our Administrator...
@topic. Mat, can you tell us some news? And... your forum is ekhem...

You're awfully cynical for someone who loves a deceased child molester.