The Sounds of Combat

Users who are viewing this thread

(:) Dvd (:)

Regular
Meh, I just killed 20 Dark Knights and it sounded like killing 20 River Pirates. We need... THE SOUNDS OF COMBAT!

Alright, so basically the sounds need to be improved. When a person gets hit we want to hear the sword go through them, hear them scream, and hear them groan in agony as they die.

We want to hear swords hit metal, clash off of another sword, and cut through leather. We need grunting, screaming, and groaning. We need to hear swords clash and arrows thunk. We want to hear arrows go "ka-dunk" on steel armor and "thisk" on leather armor.

We need new combat sounds! Sounds of armors, weapons, and warriors.

-Dvd

I use the hand lotion!
Wait, wrong forum. :eek:

But yeah, I agree that should be a major design focus now that we've got other stuff out of the way.

Well, the sounds needs to be upgraded, yes, but there is Warrider soundpack.
But beside that, we need sounds for orders! Like "archers hold this position" and stuff like that. And more painful death screams of course

i will quadruble this notion everythingyousayplusone....ha i win

*gets rammed through with sword* "arggggggg.....owwwwww.. im groaning in agony as i lay dying!"

Flaming Eyes said:
Stop spamming!
Dvd is right. Who would like to use his voice for new sounds? ^_- :?: :?:

How about you Flaming Eyes? This is how it will work:

I take (this sword) http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/original/sword.jpg

Then I hit you with it multiple times while holding a mic up to your mouth as you scream in agony. Sound good?

I'll be at your house in 5 minutes.*

-Dvd

*All of the above is a joke and\or sarcastic.

I want the river pirates to sing sea shanties. Oh, and say "Yarrrr" a lot.

And where's their parrots eh?

Also, comedy armour that goes "Boing!" when struck. Oh, and a horse that talks like Mr Ed.

Yes, this game needs better sounds. The fact that when I block a wooden club with my saber it sounds like I just ran a car into a rock is a bit strange. When you go into a river, why on earth does it sound like thirty half-life doors closing at the same time? And why does the *whooosh* sound of my sword going through the air happen BEFORE I swing??? Other than the sounds, though, Mount and Blade is a great game-- Keep up the good work, Armagan&Co!!

I think the purpose of this thread was more in the area of the splat crash ching stuff than the music; but that's just me.

Cajesar said:
I think the purpose of this thread was more in the area of the splat crash ching stuff than the music; but that's just me.
Whaaaat?

But anyway, I'm all for more noise on the battlefield, but I don't want to hear words. No languages! That would give it a too specific cultural feel. Besides, I imagine it'd get old right quick.

I have three things to let you folks who are posting in this thread know about that will enhance the sound of your game AND give you information that your itching ears desire to hear.

1) Try out the Warrider soundpack.  It adds more variety to many sounds that are already in the game.  Go to https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=126 to download the patch, or search for the thread concerning the modified version of this mod by Janus.

2) Supposedly, voice sounds (such as screams, yells, ect) are being worked on and added.  I have yet to see an official verification of the project, but here is the link to the thread for more information. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,9632.0.html  Contact Rejenorst or post in the thread for more information.

:Edit:

3) If it is music that you want to change, try the King's and Kingdom's music mod. https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=51

Necro.

Two years and the sounds are still bad.

I still play Call of Duty 2 mainly because of the immersion caused by the sounds.

Before we had the magnificent Warrider Sound Pack. The game experience changed completely with it.

But now on .960, almost 1.00, we still have the same sounds.

Please :sad:

Back
Top Bottom