1257 AD Middle Europe Final v1.2(1.4)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Szentgyorgyi said:
Here's a little work-in-progress screenshot of the map.
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7169/workinprogo.png

@Raudentius: is the year 1257 very essential, or can the mod be more about the whole 13 century? So then we could include historical figures from the whole century not just from 1257 and onward.

ehi that's a nice map!

in my opinion it'll be nice to consider the 1257 as a precise date, without puttin inside of the game to many figures... :smile:

Do you have any good, reliable maps of the period (maybe even the exact year 1257)? I'm a fanatic, I want the map to be as historically acurate as possible. We might even have to create other factions too (Halych, Lithuania), since those factions were present in  the region.

After doing some research I found out that Hungary and Bohemia in 1257 were larger than I thought. Both Ottokar II, and Bela IV were trying to expand (especially Ottokar). This resulted in the war between the 2,  the disputed territory being Austria and Styria. The sources I've been reading (mostly hungarian) say that in 1257 Ottokar owned Austria and a small part of northern Styria, while Bela occupied the rest of  Styria. (The war however turned in Ottokar's  favour, since Bela lost a few battles and had to give up Styria). I can't speak czeh, so I can't understand  what czeh sources say, but I'm sure they are close to what I've read. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Yes, you have right, but we hold open this question. Leave this land to HRE, and players can have influence who this cities overrule. New faction is a problem, I mean we would have to start complete new unit creation, with new troops. txt, faction.txt etc.... Better is keep this 5 faction. In future I plane create complete new mod to start year 1410 in middle europe. There, if you wish , we can import more faction (Special faction Teutonic Order, Poland- Lithuania, HRE, Hungary, Bohemiae, some russian faction, Denmark....). In this actual mod try create good map. And what you say in my todays files, which I send to you? I mean location of cities, castles and villages? Do you be cleaver wit this (lots of tiny numbers, red, yelow and white points  :grin: ) ?

Raudentius said:
And what you say in my todays files, which I send to you? I mean location of cities, castles and villages? Do you be cleaver wit this (lots of tiny numbers, red, yelow and white points  :grin: ) ?

Perfect, exactly what I ordered :wink:

I think I'll be able to squize in even more settlements (the more the better), but I'm not sure yet. For now, I'll use the map you sent me, so I can get a picture of what it would look like. Then I'll decide what to do.

Sry for double posting again, but I'm getting desperate.

I always feared when I would finish the map, it wouldn't work. After testing it the first time it crashed. Then I tried placing all the settlements on passable terain,  delleting all forests, still no results.  :evil: Az Isten bassza meg :evil: I'm really getting pissed of about this, after working so long, I end up with a royal screw up. I really need some advice  right now.

If I don't find the problem, I'll have to start the map all over again.

Seems the problem was the map density. When I made the first map, I used 600x450 size with 0.5 density. Now I made a new unpolished map using the exported files from the original one, with the same size, but 0.4 density, and it works ingame. So there's still hope, but I'll have to redo most of the  map.

Csabi, map working good and looks very nice! With settlerments I sugest to add maximaly this number, which you send me on email. To question Kingdoms of Bohemie and Hungary.... I mean so we can put some Austrian cities(1 for czech and 1 for hungary), Castles (2-3 for both countries) and some villages to Bohemiae and Hungary. Bela IV. and Premysl Otakar II. have lots fief in Austria, and fighting along with battle of Kressenbrun in 1260 AD.

Great mod, thanks.  I'd buy you some good beer but alas, I live too far!  That and I wouldn't mind if the date was 1410 so I get to kick some Teutonic ass :wink:

This mod is from 13th century. This is my new Idea created in future mod from 1410. Im czech and our mercenaries fighting in Grunwald battle too, on Polish side. And our brave warlord from Hussitian era Jan Zizka z Trocnova fighting in this battle too. :wink:

The situation of CE in 1410 would be very complicated. From what I know, it's the year Sigismund was elected (but not crowned) Holy Roman Emperor. But he was also king of Hungary at the same time (later even king of Bohemia).

This wouldn't work ingame, unless the HRE and Hungary would be in the same (huge) faction. But then it would be very unrealistic and not to mention unbalanced, since more than half the map would be ruled by Sigismund.

A possible solution would be to make Sigismund king of Hungary, and break the HRE into small duchies ruled by dukes (or whatever titles they owned).

No, Sigismud have only hungary in 1410. HRE Ruled in this year Ruprecht I. von Pfalz, and czech king was a Vaclav IV., Sigismund brother (and archenemy he he). But now we need confuse to 1257 mod. I try added some cities to the map and is a simply task! Change Plzen caste to city pleas and put on the map some Fords, for more easily river crossing. thanks for now.

Just discovered this old gem, downloaded at Nexus.  The map is amazing: after over 100 days I still haven't even reached all of the different factions' territories.  Very nice work with some of the heraldry and armor, too.  If the modders ever look back in on this thread, I'd like to extend my thanks for their efforts.

Honved said:
Just discovered this old gem, downloaded at Nexus.  The map is amazing: after over 100 days I still haven't even reached all of the different factions' territories.  Very nice work with some of the heraldry and armor, too.  If the modders ever look back in on this thread, I'd like to extend my thanks for their efforts.
Thank You! I´m create some mods after this. Here is some links for Warband: 1468 AD Middle Europe (War between Bohemian King Jiří z Poděbrad and Hungarian King Mathias Corvinus). http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5860/?  1257 AD Heart of Europe - Warband port of our mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3766/? and some medieval music: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3765/?

So far, the only serious issue I've had with the mod is that it's often next to impossible to find and reach the Marshall of your faction on that huge map before the mission times out.  I get a call to join the Marshall, wait a few in-game minutes to allow him to either stand still or move, and then ask another faction Lord where the Marshall is.  I can then compare his last known position from the order with his new location to (hopefully) see where he's standing or heading, and then try to find him in that direction, but there's a LOT of map for him to hide in.

It's worked in a couple of cases, and failed miserably in others, usually because the Marshall decided to go somewhere else in the mean time.  Each failure puts a heavy hit on your relations, and I'm not in good graces with the King purely by way of not being able to find him several times.  The times I did find him, he merely patrolled around a castle for about a week, then ended the campaign.....an underwhelming experience at best.  The rest of the game has been excellent.

[ Update, several months later - Played another campaign, managed to find the King (acting as Marshall) on all but one occasion by waiting at least a day, then asking another lord where he was.  In a few cases, the King had gone from deep in Russian territory to HRE land, or vice versa, in that time, so the much newer information was instrumental in locating him.  On at least one occasion, a message popped up that the King had begun sieging some castle, which I NEVER would have guessed by the previous hints, as it was off in a totally different direction.  Following the King on one mission, he changed plans and directions at least 3 times in about 5-10 minutes, and ended up going in almost the exact opposite direction as the one he started in.  Clearly, it's a problem with the original game, not the mod, but the mod is much more heavily impacted by it.

By the way, the historical advice applies in this game as well: NEVER invade Russia.  It doesn't end well.  I had to reload a previous save after a combined army of over 1000 Russians assaulted my hard-won castle, even AFTER beating several individual groups of 80-150 who were involved in the siege. ]

Back
Top Bottom