The Wastelander mod [ download now ready] 5/12/09

Users who are viewing this thread

del

Master Knight
Hi all .

If you want a end of the world mod with guns , lasers , aliens , cars , bikes and a totalitarian government. your at the right place  :twisted:

Mod name  -  Wastelander [ the rifts mod ]

wastelander mod beta download on mbrepository  http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1586

also available to download at  http://www.moddb.com/mods/wastelander-the-rifts-mod/downloads/wastelander-mod

TO INSTALL
you need to do this if you want the mechs to work properly
open program files and then Mount&Blade folder.

unrar mod to Mount&Blade\Modules.

Move your folder called data in Program Files\Mount&Blade to somewhere safe DO NOT detele as you will not be able to play other mods or native.

Move folder in Mount&Blade\Modules\wastelander beta called data to Program Files\Mount&Blade .

PLAY .

you will have to change the data folders over again to play other mods or native .

or use iron laucher http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1501

so as it stands at the moment mod features are :-

4 types of bikes as mounts,

2 cars and 2 pick ups as mounts, (yes they are driveable)

and 1 hoverboard as a mount.

lots of guns, laser weapons and melee weapons added .

lots of armours , helmets and clothes added. (not many native ones left in mod)

4 types of mechs as troops.

new aliens , robots , demons and mutant animals as troops .

new mercenaries .

5 new factions , The Coalition , Cyberworks , The Pecos Empire ,Federation of hell and The Xiticix .
all with new troops .

troops Continue fight after you fall.

ENTRENCHMENT KIT.

Battlefield Tactics kit.

this mod is not finished yet so please post or Pm me with and bugs , thanks

Credits
modding , models , textures and coding .  by  Del  :grin:

A BIG thanks to you all and sorry if I have missed someone (let me know and I'll change that )

The rifts rpg game

armour and weapons from Highlanders 40k mod

OSP Steam Punk and Costumes ,bugs , cultist and demons - by -IYI-O-R-T-

OSP Clothing - by HokieBT

armour and weapons by Geroj

armour and weapons by Barf

Battlefield Tactics kit - by Mirathei

ENTRENCHMENT KIT by Tempered

AND Berserker Pride for all the help and advice .

some new armours.
screenshots.
armour5.jpg

armour3.jpg

armour4.jpg

armour2.jpg

armour1.jpg

Story  -  post apocalyptic world
Sometime in Earth's future, the face of the planet is decimated by a nuclear war which invertible opens dimensional portals all over the world with devastating results . Cities fall, civilization collapses, billions of people perish, and the portals let though hundreds of different aliens and terrible demons to prey on the planet .

The story of wastelander picks up 100 years later. mankind has, at last, crawled up out of the ashes to reassert itself in the world to take back what is rightfully theirs . Only this world is as strange as any alien planet. Reshaped by dimensional energies, inhabited by alien beings and horrors, humankind must learn to adapt to this strange new world or perish.

factions
Cyberworks
Beneath a mountain lies an ancient military bunker of the old American Empire; a vast installation built by Cyberworks before the time of the rifts. Inside is "Archie Three", the ultimate supercomputer. Archie's human masters and creators have been dead for centuries now. Without their instructions, Archie has spent trillions of cycles computing what to do with himself and the self-contained production complex at his disposal. Over the centuries, the machine has grown both intellectually and emotionally, as well as having altered its programming. In many respects Archie is now some sort of mechanical living entity.

With his new twisted perception of self and reality, he has come to some new revelations.
1, he, Archie, is a superior being.
2, humans are lesser beings.
3, non-humans are aberrational vermin.
4, as a superior being, it is his destiny to rule the lesser creatures.
5, all creatures must sudmit to his rule.

He has created legions of robotic soldiers using the secrets of lost, pre-rifts technology and production resources. Providing him with military power the equal of any who style themselves "Kings" of Earth. Now that he has decided to take a hand in world affairs, he may even decide to conquer it all.

"But how do you have 'fun' when you're a god? Will ruling the Earth be 'fun'?"

bot1e.jpg

bot4m.jpg

bot2h.jpg

bot3.jpg

The Coalition
The Coalition are fascist human supremacists with a totalitarian government, restrictive internal media, restrictive education, and mandatory military service.  The Coalition is ruled by Emperor Karl Prosek, and is genocidally opposed to all aliens, D-bees (Dimensional Beings), human mutations, and Magic. Their ultimate goal is to return the Earth to its pre-war status, and do so by attacking anything and everyone that is foreign to Earth as it was before the cataclysm.
kl11.jpg

dead boy
94387834.png

dog boys
54268910.png

recruits and dead boy

56394688.png

The Xiticix
Giant humanoid insects from another world, Xiticix numbers have grown from a few dozen to almost four million in only 50 years! The Xiticix have no allies; they exist solely to breed, conquer, and terraform the Earth into a world suitable only for them. Apparently more intelligent and advanced than their "bug-like" appearance would at first suggest, many foolish adventurers have dismissed the Xiticix as non-sentient, only to end their days staring down the barrel of a Xiticix-manufactured glop rifle.

xiticix.png

76415912.png

68198672.png

The Pecos Empire

The Pecos Empire is a loose-knit association of dozens of independent kingdoms and bandit groups.  The primary strength of the Pecos Empire rests in their mobility and diversity, making them all but impossible to engage and destroy.

Sabre Lasar, self-proclaimed Emperor of the Pecos Empire, is warlord of the region's largest military band. While his position is not powerful in itself, Sabre Lasar has cultivated an environment where many of the other Pecos Empire forces come to him for guidance and acknowledge his leadership.

"From the seeds of our diversity, together we can build something great. We have the people, we have the territory, and with me in charge, we have the leadership to become a great power."

The Federation of Hell

A new threat to man has appeared in the last 10 years ,from dimensional portals they made a lighting attack on the crumbled remains of Tolkeen after its war with the Coalition.
Coalition force fell back quickly to their own lands , giving ground to this new threat which they were not ready for.

The Federation of Hell is a force of demons and many other fiendish servants, they have conquered or destroyed all that stand in the way , enslaving or corrupting the population to its cause.
Their goal is to take over earth , to make it a hell on earth

vehicle screenshots
bikes
bike2z.jpg

bike1g.jpg

bike3a.jpg

quad
quadt.jpg

pickups
pickuph.jpg

pickup2.jpg

trucka.jpg

cars
carj.jpg

car2jp.jpg

52602199.png

hover board
flyerqp.jpg

mechs
exosuit
exosuit.jpg

trooper mech
mech3.jpg

fury mech
mech4.jpg

dark mech
mech1.jpg

hunter mech
mech2r.jpg

Also wastelander is on mod db  http://www.moddb.com/mods/wastelander-the-rifts-mod

This is not finished yet. still a bit to do as in :-

lords
npcs
town names
etc

wastelander mod beta download on mbrepository  http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1586

also available to download at  http://www.moddb.com/mods/wastelander-the-rifts-mod/downloads/wastelander-mod

Firearms should be rare IMO and should be very limited and have a battered / tribal look to them in general (since most of the inhabitants of earth at that point are bandit-like marauding bike gangs). I would love to see a sawn off shotgun like Max uses - shame you can't do the aoe effect it would really have :sad:

I agree with eragoen. Everything should look battered and dusty.
Firearms should be rare and not the main weapons. Clubs, blades and things like that should be used more than firearms. Good luck with mod. Awesome idea! :smile:

Adorno said:
del said:
... cars ,bikes and trucks as mounts ...                     
You actually made that work? Respect  :smile:

Looks like a lot of work has been put into it, the features of Geoffrey Ashe and Tempered is nice.

all working as mounts as I post  :grin:
Been working on this mod for about 5-6 hours a day for a week and a half  :shock:

Lord Tryko said:
I agree with eragoen. Everything should look battered and dusty.
Firearms should be rare and not the main weapons. Clubs, blades and things like that should be used more than firearms. Good luck with mod. Awesome idea! :smile:
I agree too , there will be troops as like :-
infantry - close combat troops
ranged - fire arms ( bows and crossbows for low tier)
cavalry - bikes and quad bikes with close combat weapons
heavy cavalry - cars and trucks with heavy fire arms

Revan Shan said:
30 years aren't enough for radiation to go away. You need at least 50.
Were is it settled? Europe?
I was thinking if it is set away from major cities 30 years is enough time survivor to get back on their feet and for a new generation to grow up , also mutants to band together.
No setting yet , still using native map at mo , with new textures .

Dahvos said:
there still gonna be horses in it? would make sense if they were
sorry no horses , they all died out or was mutated  :cry:
(cant use horses and vehicles in same mod because of animation of the mounts will look to weird on vehicles)

just a quick question to you all ,
what kind of first release would you like to see from this mod ?

a full mod , a teaser with vehicles and what has been done so far, or something else.

let me know, thanks

depends if you want to realese it since 0.1 version it means not every thing is there  version 1 when every thing you planned is there

I don't mind 0.00000001 versions, but I think it's worth waiting.

Release it only when you think it's ready for full release...  or release some kind of alpha, beta or whatever to advertise your mod.

I guess you'll have to decide that on your own.  :wink:

...And all of a sudden, this reminds me of "Dies The Fire" (sadly, it really died) :???:. Which brings me to think, that you could contact the team and see if they'd allow you to use some of their work...There were some nice scenes on show, if I recall it correctly. However, I'm not sure how far they got with that. The mod seemed to have pretty simillar features though.

Unless, of course, you want to make everything for this mod on your own or with your own team.

Either way, have a look and see if anything works for you:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,20339.msg428113.html#msg428113

And of course, good luck :smile:

great work with this mod so far. also i agree with hairfree that this does remind me of "dies the fire" which is a great post apocalypse book series... i got half the series in paperback and the other half on e-book.

Back
Top Bottom