Accuracy fix

Users who are viewing this thread

DaLeGiOnArY

Regular
http://www.filefront.com/14852875/item_kinds1.txt
save the file to your modules/age of blackpowder folder, just be sure to backup your original item_kinds1.txt
for those who don't know, it changes the damage of weapons and ammunition to fix the accuracy issues with getting a high-damage weapon.
So this means that battles are less about luck and more about the quality of your troops and your aim.
Have fun.
Currently, i have the occasional weapon, the ones i know about being the dark-colored flintlock carbine and flintlock that still has its original damage rating. hoping to fix this soon.

Nice work! Does the original damage stay or do muskets do less damage now? I pressume you've added more damage to the cartridges/ammo rather than the weapons no, so that the accuracy isn't influenced of the high damage rate?

JDeNef13

yep
increased all cartridge damage by 100, decreased weapon damage by 100 but the occasional weapon variation(with a darker skin) is the same thing so i gotta fix that.

DaLeGiOnArY said:
yep
increased all cartridge damage by 100, decreased weapon damage by 100 but the occasional weapon variation(with a darker skin) is the same thing so i gotta fix that.
Just as I thought! :smile: Great job!

JDeNef13

knuckleguy said:
is this compatible with the add on?
The Napoleonic add-on you mean? Or something else? I think this is only compatible with AoB: Realm of Revolution.

JDeNef13

knuckleguy said:
yea, im talking about the napoleanic add on, cuz it doesnt seem like it includes weapons from the add on
Well, this fix is only compatible with Realm of Revolution, NOT the add-on, although we can make a fix for the add-on too. But that would be useless, because the new version of the Napoleonic add-on is almost finished. We'll fix the weapons in the new version of the add-on! :wink:

JDeNef13

nilloc93 said:
so how exactly does this "fix" the accuracy is it for the cross-hairs or does it make the weapons more accurate?
Well, this is the M&B accuracy concept: the more damage a ranged weapon does, the less accurate the weapon is. So if you assign the damage to the ammo of the ranged weapon, the accuracy of the weapon isn't influenced of the high damage, because the damage is assigned to the ammo. Get it? :smile: So this fix makes the weapons more accurate and it influences the cross-hair.

JDeNef13

oh does ths fix the problem of the accuracy of flintlock rifles and such?

cause it says they have better accuracy than the hand guns, while they really are worse

Huh...

I did the same thing on the Nadd-on item_kinds1.txt file here and...

The Accuracy actually got WORSE.

Then I tested the Original Nadd-on I_K1.txt file

Yep the "fix" accuracy really did get worse.

In another thread I believe I said that the problem was the Missile Speed so I went and lowered the Muskets/Rifles MS from 700 to 200

The Accuracy really improved.

tl;dr

The problem wasnt the damage it was the Missile Speed(Although the WD from the Nadd-on is lowered a lil bit too)

Well that is what my tests say at least its probably the same thing with the Vanilla RoR.

Edit: Just tought about this... What if the troops are aiming thinking the shot arcs like with bows and x-bows? with 700 MS I guess that aiming even a little bit high will send the bullet one way to heaven.

^Now that's strange as hell. I noticed a considerable difference lowering damage.
Ofc, it could be that you're using a weapon i didn't mod.

I said it was fix of the add-on I made myself doing the same thing you did that is lowering Guns damage by 100 and increasing bullet damage by 100. and im pretty sure I  did that for all guns.

Also im not testing that alone im using a whole squad to test the Acc.

Back
Top Bottom