New News of Note

Users who are viewing this thread

Huh, the Branded Kingdom will surely be badass... one big reason to give up becoming an Apostle. After all, who wouldn't like an allied king who never loses ? :razz: On the other hand, what if Guts declares war on the Apostle Player's kingdom ? Can he be defeated only in a fair battle, or do you plan to add a quickbattle ? I also fear that the "never loses autocalc" makes things imbalanced - after all, Guts won't be alone this time, but rather leading a whole army of professionals... though maybe you know better.

You will still be able to beat him in a proper battle.  Maybe I will tweak it so that he merely has a huge advantage.  Also the rest of his armies will be at a disadvantage to Griffith and beast armies in autocalc so Gutts himself will probably get outnumbered a lot.  I'm not sure I could tweak it so that Gutts has three times strength in autocalc or something.  The Gutts you find early on and the Gutts who leads a kingdom are actually different troops so I can set the autocalc advantage to be different for each.  Also I had a thought.  I knew I wanted a Gutts kingdom to appear but wasn't sure if the same would happen if you played as Gutts.  I can't think of anyone better to lead a separate rebel kingdom than Theresa herself.  She won't be in the upcoming version but it would be cool if she started a rebel kingdom after meeting Gutts for the second time.  You could of course just conquer her after that but it wouldn't be impossible to create an alliance with her.  Even if only a temporary one :wink:.
In 1.00 Gutts will declare war on you if you are an apostle.  This will create a cool situation of three (or four if you count Kushan) powerful enemies tearing the regular kingdoms to pieces.  Good luck surviving that massacre.

EDIT:Ok good thing you mentioned that when you did I hadn't actually set the autocalc advantage yet.  It is set now at 5x.

EDIT:New news that you will all be glad to hear about.  I am currently packaging the mod for release.  This will not take long.  Consider it an early christmas!
Also check out the screenshot thread for a little sample of what is in store.  A lot of changes in this next patch.

What does Packaging it mean?  Like, in the next hour or two?  Or a bit longer of a process?  (And how much of what you've spoken of made it in?  Going Apostle?  Going Struggler?  Kingdom Management?  New Companions?)

Everything is in but becoming an apostle and the endgame quest for non-Gutts.  Kingdom Management is complete and has full functioning troop trees.  About 34 new companions spread over both quests.  Should be about 20 for each as Gutts also has serpico and the gang.  I also added custom commander, new ai behavior in formations(thanks to thrakkenmarn.)  A lot of the companions will wield unique weapons so feel free to jack them.  I'll try to come up with a more nuanced way to get you special weapons in the Glorious version 1.00(this is going to be .97)

Presuming it's not being uploaded as we speak or too late...

Any chance you could go with the 'companions give you a duplicate' of their unique weapon option you'd once bandied? 

Or are there any unique weapons yet for non-Gutts outside of the companions?

Well you do receive a revolving five shot crossbow from Dasharon when he joins up.  But you know the way I see it you are only going to steal a weapon from one of them as non-Gutts.  I will get a better way to get all the unique weapons ingame in 1.00 but for now at least there are a ton of new powerful weapons.
Mod isn't being uploaded yet I am running through it one more time today then uploading.

Crossbow sounds awesome enough.  :wink:

Oh!  Did you do something with Knightly orders too?  I remember suggesting that and it being rather positively considered. 

Regardless, really looking forward to this, and praying my laptop can handle M&B while I'm back home for the holidays.  :wink:

The new option looks mind boggling. We will need new tactics very soon. :mrgreen: The new companions when thy become lords they don't rebel against the player do they ??

No not yet.  Although when I include an option to become an apostle expect half your lords to jump ship to Gutt's kingdom immediately.  Along with all their fiefs haha.
Should be a fun time for a while hunting down the traitors and retaking your territories.

Of course!  I can't believe I forgot that.  Yeah I wanted to include that for players who want to stick with one of the five initial factions.  And the knightly order for Gutts kingdom could be becoming one of the legendary Black Strugglers.  This ties in well to a request to be able to join Gutt's kingdom as a lord rather than form an alliance as your own kingdom.  I'll get this in for 1.00 for sure.

Berserker Pride said:
No not yet.  Although when I include an option to become an apostle expect half your lords to jump ship to Gutt's kingdom immediately.  Along with all their fiefs haha.
Should be a fun time for a while hunting down the traitors and retaking your territories.

Beserk your evil you know that ?? :mrgreen: :twisted:

Berserker Pride said:
Of course!  I can't believe I forgot that.  Yeah I wanted to include that for players who want to stick with one of the five initial factions.  And the knightly order for Gutts kingdom could be becoming one of the legendary Black Strugglers.  This ties in well to a request to be able to join Gutt's kingdom as a lord rather than form an alliance as your own kingdom.  I'll get this in for 1.00 for sure.

Awesome.  So are we able to join Gutts' kingdom as a non-Gutts character right now?  (Though I personally think it should be 50 relations, I've never gotten to even that as one of my characters, even serving a nation for a long time.  Gaining relations is hard!)

Also, for the Non-Gutts, is there anything to help up their power level yet as the game gets on?  I noticed as Non-Gutts, once the Beasts show up, it's almost impossible to fight them, I pretty much have had to start over then, even with a level 30 character.  And the Special Griffith stuff is almost too much for me to deal with as well, I managed to rescue two of those special lancers with my current character, and in one on one duels, I can't beat them most of the time.  That's a first for almost any troop type.  I fear actually encountering them on the battlefield...  Special weapons will naturally help, but the rest is rough!

Maybe when you get offered a Knighthood, you get a bonus X stats?  Like +9 in Str and Agi (Possibly even Charisma) or something?  Not huge, given the innate advantage of a Player in general, but helpful.  This is a stupidly epic Mod, and whether you go Apostle or not, you should be able to become suitably epic.  Just the road should be a bit longer and harder if you choose not to be an apostle.  (Something similar if you become a King, as well, might be helpful)

PS: Am I the only one who keeps refreshing in hopes of new version every few minutes?  :wink:

You will be able to join Gutt's kingdom as a vassal in the normal native way.  I think you'll find collecting enough elites should help you deal with the beast parties.  Forty Bakiraka Assassins of the kind midland uses are basically machine guns.  But if it turns out to be too hard I can always push back the date when Griffith and eventually the Beasts show up.  Did you find they invaded the map too quickly in Non-Gutts mode?  I should also add a spoiler that non-Gutts mode is currently really hard.

Well, in the last version I thought they did.  I'll find out in this version once I start it.  I think the plethora of companions alone will help against them.  It'll just take a while to get all of them./  My current game I'm well over 120 days in and still haven't gotten a couple of them because I can't find anyone that has the elites as prisoners to rescue, or attack (I'm working for the See, which just won't bloody go to war with Paneria, and they made peace with Kush and everyone but Midland, who has many other things to deal with, so I never get to find any of their people).

So even with the beasts here, don't have the companions I can get.  And obviously that gets harder once you're up against troops like that.  So some more time might not be a bad idea, just to give us time to get our companions and establish things.

I'll push back the date they invade in Non-Gutts mode to maybe start at 200 days rather than the 120.  I also was able to implement becoming a champion of a kingdom.  You will now get a message from the messenger of the kingdom to go talk to the king.  Once you do he will tell you how cool you are and give you armor better than any you can find or buy and a unique weapon(or two).  This includes Gutts kingdom and Griffith's.

Sweet Gorilla of Manilla!  Awesome!

EDIT:  While we're at it and as it comes to mind.  Does the special armor take into account Male or Female bodytypes?  Or male only models?

The special armor will be plate so won't really show off the female figure at all.  But won't make them look like a man either.  For Gutts kingdom you will get a Lordly version of the struggler Dark Plate.

Also NEW patch to v0.97b is out now.  It will fix the capture Farnese quest.

I'm going to edit the dragonslayer to try to completely stop the enemy from blocking.  Perhaps the block interrupt animation is too short.

Berserker Pride said:
I'm going to edit the dragonslayer to try to completely stop the enemy from blocking.  Perhaps the block interrupt animation is too short.

Oh that reminds me i have a question. When I got the dragonslayer, the friendly fire/area damage it has unless you hold ctrl doesnt seem to happen every time, are you supposed to have to hold the button for a certain amount of time or something?

Back
Top Bottom