Author Topic: New News of Note  (Read 12912 times)

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • M&BWBWF&S
Re: New News of Note
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2009, 08:09:19 PM »
I think you said 75 relations with the faction, you're knighted.  And get special armor of the order, and possibly a special knightly weapon.

Berserker Pride

• Fearless Scripter of the Berserk Mod
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: CoR_Berserker
  • WB
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2009, 08:12:01 PM »
Of course!  I can't believe I forgot that.  Yeah I wanted to include that for players who want to stick with one of the five initial factions.  And the knightly order for Gutts kingdom could be becoming one of the legendary Black Strugglers.  This ties in well to a request to be able to join Gutt's kingdom as a lord rather than form an alliance as your own kingdom.  I'll get this in for 1.00 for sure.

dzorro

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2009, 08:12:48 PM »
No not yet.  Although when I include an option to become an apostle expect half your lords to jump ship to Gutt's kingdom immediately.  Along with all their fiefs haha.
Should be a fun time for a while hunting down the traitors and retaking your territories.

Beserk your evil you know that ?? :mrgreen: :twisted:

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2009, 08:32:35 PM »
Of course!  I can't believe I forgot that.  Yeah I wanted to include that for players who want to stick with one of the five initial factions.  And the knightly order for Gutts kingdom could be becoming one of the legendary Black Strugglers.  This ties in well to a request to be able to join Gutt's kingdom as a lord rather than form an alliance as your own kingdom.  I'll get this in for 1.00 for sure.

Awesome.  So are we able to join Gutts' kingdom as a non-Gutts character right now?  (Though I personally think it should be 50 relations, I've never gotten to even that as one of my characters, even serving a nation for a long time.  Gaining relations is hard!)

Also, for the Non-Gutts, is there anything to help up their power level yet as the game gets on?  I noticed as Non-Gutts, once the Beasts show up, it's almost impossible to fight them, I pretty much have had to start over then, even with a level 30 character.  And the Special Griffith stuff is almost too much for me to deal with as well, I managed to rescue two of those special lancers with my current character, and in one on one duels, I can't beat them most of the time.  That's a first for almost any troop type.  I fear actually encountering them on the battlefield...  Special weapons will naturally help, but the rest is rough!

Maybe when you get offered a Knighthood, you get a bonus X stats?  Like +9 in Str and Agi (Possibly even Charisma) or something?  Not huge, given the innate advantage of a Player in general, but helpful.  This is a stupidly epic Mod, and whether you go Apostle or not, you should be able to become suitably epic.  Just the road should be a bit longer and harder if you choose not to be an apostle.  (Something similar if you become a King, as well, might be helpful)

PS: Am I the only one who keeps refreshing in hopes of new version every few minutes?  ;)

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009, 01:04:17 AM »
You will be able to join Gutt's kingdom as a vassal in the normal native way.  I think you'll find collecting enough elites should help you deal with the beast parties.  Forty Bakiraka Assassins of the kind midland uses are basically machine guns.  But if it turns out to be too hard I can always push back the date when Griffith and eventually the Beasts show up.  Did you find they invaded the map too quickly in Non-Gutts mode?  I should also add a spoiler that non-Gutts mode is currently really hard.

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2009, 01:29:21 AM »
Well, in the last version I thought they did.  I'll find out in this version once I start it.  I think the plethora of companions alone will help against them.  It'll just take a while to get all of them./  My current game I'm well over 120 days in and still haven't gotten a couple of them because I can't find anyone that has the elites as prisoners to rescue, or attack (I'm working for the See, which just won't bloody go to war with Paneria, and they made peace with Kush and everyone but Midland, who has many other things to deal with, so I never get to find any of their people).

So even with the beasts here, don't have the companions I can get.  And obviously that gets harder once you're up against troops like that.  So some more time might not be a bad idea, just to give us time to get our companions and establish things.

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2009, 04:39:51 AM »
I'll push back the date they invade in Non-Gutts mode to maybe start at 200 days rather than the 120.  I also was able to implement becoming a champion of a kingdom.  You will now get a message from the messenger of the kingdom to go talk to the king.  Once you do he will tell you how cool you are and give you armor better than any you can find or buy and a unique weapon(or two).  This includes Gutts kingdom and Griffith's.

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2009, 05:14:58 AM »
Sweet Gorilla of Manilla!  Awesome!

EDIT:  While we're at it and as it comes to mind.  Does the special armor take into account Male or Female bodytypes?  Or male only models?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 06:04:56 AM by dulahan »

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2009, 07:19:47 AM »
The special armor will be plate so won't really show off the female figure at all.  But won't make them look like a man either.  For Gutts kingdom you will get a Lordly version of the struggler Dark Plate.

Also NEW patch to v0.97b is out now.  It will fix the capture Farnese quest.

I'm going to edit the dragonslayer to try to completely stop the enemy from blocking.  Perhaps the block interrupt animation is too short.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 09:00:06 PM by Berserker Pride »

Leam

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • WB
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 10:00:52 AM »
I'm going to edit the dragonslayer to try to completely stop the enemy from blocking.  Perhaps the block interrupt animation is too short.

Oh that reminds me i have a question. When I got the dragonslayer, the friendly fire/area damage it has unless you hold ctrl doesnt seem to happen every time, are you supposed to have to hold the button for a certain amount of time or something?

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 10:04:41 AM »
No for some reason the script doesn't kick in all the time.  But I have balanced it around that fact.  Whenever the script kicks in(about half the time) it will deal enough damage to kill two non-elite troops.  I'm afraid beyond fixing the enemies blocking problem I can't improve the script much further.

Soleiraus

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2010, 06:36:37 AM »
Any news on current v1 progress?  :mrgreen:

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2010, 06:50:38 AM »
Just that I will likely start work on the new towns soon.  I'm at a bit of a serious job hunt stage in the old life right now so I don't have as much free time as I would like.

SXIII

• Knight
  • This world is not enough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 10:41:03 AM »
I'd prefer to see a patch for the current version when you have the time rather than you going straight for v1.0.

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2010, 04:50:35 PM »
I second that.  Another patch or two to clear up the current bugs would help a lot.  Especially to make it more stable for the long wait for v. 1 goodness.