Calradia Divided (idea/organization)

Users who are viewing this thread

I was just chilling a while ago, when I just got an awesome idea for a forum game/RP.

The idea is that Calradian is divided amongst all its lords. Each lord has a town/castle and a nearby village (multiple villages if the lord in question owns a town). Each place can be a kingdom, fiefdom, or whatever fits best for the situation (EG a formally-Khergit region may be a Khanate, or maybe something else), though that is for name only (though if you want, you could "evolve" from a Realm to a Kingdom if it makes you feel any better after conquering some land).

Each lord controls his own armies/diplomacy. For the sake of balance and realism, castles and towns get different situations entirely. Towns get more villages, more money, and larger armies, but town armies are usually based more around militia and weaker units (with a handful of elite troops and plenty of mercenary selection), while castles gain less money but have a larger number of elite troops (but a much smaller mercenary selection). In general, the set up is mostly balanced with a couple wrenches thrown into the works later.

Furthermore, a while into the game, the Native factions all appear in the sides of the map (the Swadian arrive slightly afterwards near Suno) and start attempting to build empires. Being invaders, they get pretty big armies, but have the disadvantage of having a set army and no initial relations with the other nations. In addition, every once in a while some NPC Vorroks will cross the mountains to attack the nearest towns (generally the Rhodok towns), though the attacked towns are generally quite rich in produce, which evens things out slightly. Any player can decide to be an invader faction leader (or a commander if they prefer), a Lord, or a wanderer of some kind (Mercenary, soldier, etc).

Eventually, the lords will expand and start fighting each other. I will be the moderator (I won't be getting any land barring the NPC territory, so I am not too biased) and decide based on (A) the troop composition/situation and (B) the tactics used (how they are described so the second person doesn't just make a reactionary move instantly can be decided later). If you get your sorry ass conquered, you can do any number of things: You can simply keep playing as the lord in question and instead essentially make a horde of loyalists, attempting to make a new home/wandering and becoming a Bandit King (unless, of course, you got your sorry ass captured, in which case you need to escape, or if you are executed); You can switch characters entirely, and become some random person/lord of a NPC region; You could even decide to become a subordinate to a lord (maybe joining with the lord who beat you).

Also, regions with certain advantages/disadvantages will have other factors added in to (somewhat) balance things. For example, the Khergit towns/castles might get some Spices which could make lots of money, but their ability to produce food wouldn't be especially good. Towns near the Nord coastline wouldn't have very good harvests and be subject to attacks by raiders, but they would be able to fish, and would get plenty of traders to trade with (in addition to lots of immigrants looking for protection from the sea raiders).

If anyone wants to join/has ideas, please mention so below.

It does sound quite a nice idea, but I'm not sure I like there being no real "higher" organisation whatsoever. ie it would be nice if some Lords had command of lower lords (ie Lord of Dhirim was overlord of lord of Derchios)

Back
Top Bottom