Any one think of making an add on for war of independence?

Users who are viewing this thread

Berkona

Sergeant at Arms
Since no mods exist that is compatible for 1.011 of M&B for the war of independence anyone up to the challenge of making it an add on for this mod? I'd even donate some money to the cause.

I might add the presence of Americans as sub-factions to the French in my add-on, but I probably won't make an American War of Independence add-on. It's too big in my opinion.

You could port Liberty or Death over, but it'll take time and probably is tedious.

Berkona said:
Since no mods exist that is compatible for 1.011 of M&B for the war of independence anyone up to the challenge of making it an add on for this mod? I'd even donate some money to the cause.
Like the Revolutionary war? or the Civil War?

War of Independence always means the American Revolution to Americans. While there are some other names for the Civil War (which I don't know), War of Independence isn't one of them.

Okey... Well... ya .. I have no clue of what is what in the part of the world.
But. I don't think I can do that right now. But when like Scandinavia is done. Then it is pretty much just to change the troops. So that can be done. Sooner or later. But no money is required... I am no man of greed, neither am I of lust... well lust maybe I am,, but.. ya... nvm..

Yes I meant the American Revolution, I forget sometimes we have people from other countries on this board, I love your guys mod & all the people who contribute to the add ons to make this mod even greater, look forward to in the future a possible American Revolution add on.

like 90% on this forum is europeans... I think.. I've only encountered two guys who aint...

nilloc93 said:
no

there is enough american revolution stuff its quite annoying

as much as he has a point i say it is a fairly large event in the world affected europe ie: countries realized Britain wasn't undefeatable and wars against Britain started but i see no need for you to add an american landmass just so us Americans dont feel left out well be fine in the sidelines.  on an other note to make it realistic in the sea french and english ships should be dueling it out for at this point spain i believe is still fairly weak naval wise after losing its entire fleet to the british a while ago.  so if there were to be naval combat i hope you make sure that certain countries have more ships than others be quite interesting that way.

Best of luck on that mod
oh and make your American tally 4 now.

Yeah... because no one fought against Britain until the glorious freedom loving colonists (all of them! Every single one was glorious and freedom loving! Never mind the huge number of loyalist who fled after the war.. they were clearly British in diguise. Because the glorious freedom loving colonists were never British. Even when they were.)
were the first ones to fight against Britain weren't they.  :roll:

The ignorance surrounding this particular period is astounding.

Dain Ironfoot said:
Yeah... because no one fought against Britain until the glorious freedom loving colonists (all of them! Every single one was glorious and freedom loving! Never mind the huge number of loyalist who fled after the war.. they were clearly British in diguise. Because the glorious freedom loving colonists were never British. Even when they were.)
were the first ones to fight against Britain weren't they.  :roll:

The ignorance surrounding this particular period is astounding.

I hate to correct someone who agrees with me but i will your comment on them all being patriots is incorrect some people like john adams only wanted war for a dire hate against british he schemed for war even when attempting for a compromise.  another example would be the african americans who fought in the war if you've seen the movie patriot a good example were fighting just to be free although like in the movie some probally got cuaght in patriotism.  and they were englishmen the men who fought at lexington and concord said we must remember we're all englishmen.  even a few british soldiers didn't want war they would actually sign up then when transferred to americas desert the army to grow crops.  although i guess nobody cares about all this, the most important thing in europe right now is that every one i mean everyone is watching america to see if they succeed or fail.  when amerian patriots began to win the war a bit some countries tried to seceretly help them ie germany sent a few officers over to help us.  after our victory alot of other countries wanted a piece of england (not sure how many) i know for sure the french being mad at them for their losses began fighting i also know England was atttacked in the indies so englnd was very spread out at this time.

Sorry for any spelling or grammer errors.

Gillan said:
nilloc93 said:
no

there is enough american revolution stuff its quite annoying

as much as he has a point i say it is a fairly large event in the world affected europe ie: countries realized Britain wasn't undefeatable

Not to go off-topic, but of course Britain was defeatable, but notice how it took France, Spain, the Netherlands, Indian tribes, and American rebels to defeat them. We were defeatable, but not easily.

I did not read all of this. But this...

Gillan said:
I hate to correct someone who agrees with me

Dain Ironfoot is a god. He cannot be wrong. And neither be corrected.. Case Closed..

Back
Top Bottom