Author Topic: The Bugs and Glitch Thread  (Read 51367 times)

Percus

• Squire
  • Merciless Modeler of the Berserk mod
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • M&BWBWF&S
Re: The Bugs and Glitch Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2009, 12:06:45 PM »
I hawe a funny bug here. The little girls in towns have normal girls faces, but all "girls" in the willages having a boys faces. It is a hard bug...
see this:

Well here is the new bugs thread.  It's going to be nice having bug-reports separate from everything else.  I've had a chance to fix some bugs even since the new Childboard came out.  If you have a new bug post here.

So far:
Fixed male village girls.
Fixed Puck not showing up.
Fixed the skel_giant not found problem(once the new upload is finished don't download the mod right now.)
Fixed the cf_apostle_spawn error during duels.
The new upload will fix the can't hit custom sized troops as well.
Fixed the Adon not showing up in the Whale Knights party(and consequently no 100 man slayer battle)
sneaking into town gear not correct is now fixed but only when you fight.  When you talk to the merchant you are wandering around like you lost all your money.  Could not find where it is set that you have to use pilgrim gear in town.(Might be hardcoded.)
Fixed ghost villagers who follow you around.

All of these will be fixed as of the new upload.  Soon after that I'll work on a new version with Gutts at 10% height.  If the height doesn't bother you download the new version as soon as I announce it.  Which is uploading now.

Black-knight-blues

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Loyal to the end
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009, 02:50:23 PM »
I went to the music folder to listen to the music because its cool. yeah? and now the music don't play ingame
If it aint real fake it, if it aint yours take it, if it don't exist you make it, if it aint broke BREAK IT!

Berserker Pride

• Fearless Scripter of the Berserk Mod
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: CoR_Berserker
  • WB
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2009, 03:41:54 PM »
Start up the mod a second time.  For some reason if you switch modules the music doesn't play when you switch back.  But it will play if you start the mod again.

Danny-Q

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2009, 05:37:46 PM »
I've got to past the eclipse and Puck has just joined my team,
But for some reason now whenever I win a fight and try to leave the game crashes.

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2009, 05:43:56 PM »
Do a little experiment for me if you would.  Save your game then tell Puck to take a hike.  Fight another battle and see if it crashes when Puck isn't with you.

Danny-Q

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2009, 05:57:36 PM »
I tested it a little more than just taking Puck out of the party, and I appear to have found it only crashes when I arm Puck with the 6-foot sword, it didn't seem to happen when he had the 5-foot sword.

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2009, 06:55:39 PM »
Really?  It must be the stagger script the six foot sword has.  It doesn't like when anyone either than Gutts uses it I guess.

Shiroi_Akuma

• Regular
  • I Fear No Evil!, For I Am Fear Incarnate!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • WB
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2009, 10:08:45 PM »
Further more why give puck  a fairy a 6 foot sword lol defies physics and logic lol dagger will do lol

Narushima

• Baron
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2009, 10:25:45 PM »
Well not really a bug but you have 2 cloaks for the black swordsman armour. 1 is already on the model and the other one is from the previous versions, used as a helmet. And if you put the second cloak on it just looks weird. So now I've decided I'll try and find a small helmet for head protection. Gut's head is so big the small helmet wont even be visible  :D

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2009, 10:31:58 PM »
Yeah.  If you get a black hood it will mesh better with the cloak that is already attached to the armor.  You'll also notice the armor gives 30 head armor points due to Gutts having a really tough skull.  But basically you are so tall that you won't get headshot very often.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 01:01:01 AM by Berserker Pride »

Danny-Q

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • M&BWB
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2009, 11:09:07 PM »
Further more why give puck  a fairy a 6 foot sword lol defies physics and logic lol dagger will do lol
WHY THE HELL NOT!
-That's Why!

Plus he's a bit of a combat monster against mundane troops, with all that health, some armour, and the fact he's harder to hit.

Gerhart

• Knight at Arms
  • PapaGee putting the Beat Down!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »
Ever since I've passed the Eclipse I've had numerous crashes, no problems before this event.  These are happening after I win a battle and hit the "tab" button to exit the battle scene.  Might be just my end since I don't see anyone else mentioning this.

Something else strange started up after the Eclipse.  I went back to Godo's to grab the 6' sword and equipped it, playing as Gutts.  This is against a group of "vengeful spirits" so I don't know if it does it with other parties.  I found a small party of 17, did a quick battle and everything went really screwy.  Kind of hard to explain but the only way out was to reboot my computer, couldn't ctrl-alt-tab and stop it from the task manager.  I redid this several times to see if it was because of the 6' sword being equipped and it does seem to be the problem.

Percus

• Squire
  • Merciless Modeler of the Berserk mod
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2009, 02:07:05 PM »
Ever since I've passed the Eclipse I've had numerous crashes, no problems before this event.  These are happening after I win a battle and hit the "tab" button to exit the battle scene.  Might be just my end since I don't see anyone else mentioning this.

Something else strange started up after the Eclipse.  I went back to Godo's to grab the 6' sword and equipped it, playing as Gutts.  This is against a group of "vengeful spirits" so I don't know if it does it with other parties.  I found a small party of 17, did a quick battle and everything went really screwy.  Kind of hard to explain but the only way out was to reboot my computer, couldn't ctrl-alt-tab and stop it from the task manager.  I redid this several times to see if it was because of the 6' sword being equipped and it does seem to be the problem.

the crashing part right after the Eclipse happened to me in older versions as well when fighting mercenaries near godo's smithy... but im not sure if this is related and if it still happens to me...

Jezze

• Baron
    • Steam - oll_jezze
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Saltbag
  • WBM&BNWVC
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2009, 04:38:57 PM »
Why is it that my charac. cannot recieve damage in battle when it is a custom skeleton? It is the same with enemies, that I cannot hit them.

Fixed ;).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 04:43:33 PM by Jezze »

Wu-long

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Wulong
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2009, 06:19:29 PM »
Why is it that my charac. cannot recieve damage in battle when it is a custom skeleton? It is the same with enemies, that I cannot hit them.

Fixed ;).

how did you fix it? I can give damage to anyone buh the important bosses T_T well only for the second quick battle the general guy?